Page 336 of 342 FirstFirst ... 334335336337338 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,032 of 4103

Thread: Lamar

Re: Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How many generational talent can play at one time? Too me you have to be the very best at a certain period say 5-10 years. Thats mahomes unless something drastically changes and Lamar can run off two or three rings in the next 5. Mahomes as of now is who id consider the generational talent
    That's the problem with Lamar- his postseason shortcomings. He has 2x reg season MVPs and has headed into the postseason twice with home field advantage locked up. But he's never made a SB appearance. His passing performance drops significantly after the regular season. 2019 could be explained due to his youth & postseason experience, plus Greg Roman's faulty gameplan. But 4 years later when he was leading a better offense, with a better OC...little better than 2019, and still no SB appearance.

IMO, a "generational talent" has to be better than just one level (the regular season). At the very least, he has to at least get to the Super Bowl. In that respect, Lamar is a postseason failure.
    Last edited by RVA7; 06-18-2024 at 10:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    There's a lot of truth to this. One of Reid"s signature weaknesses for decades was that he'd get nothing from the run game. He started winning Super Bowls when Bieniemy got him to use RBs in (some) key situations.

Not saying that Mahomes isn't THE big ingredient. And Kelce is #2. Just saying that it's been really noticeable during KC's SB reign how they actually usemthrnrun game now, in a way they didn't before.
    They still throw the ball. Top 5 in passing attempts all of their Super Bowl seasons. Look at their passing attempts to their rushing attempts. Even when you look at their Super Bowl runs. Last year. In four playoff games, they pretty much threw 40 times in 3 of them. The year before 37 against the Jags. 40+ against the Bengals, and the Super Bowl itself was the one where they didn’t because they didn’t have the ball long.

They are still, have been and always will be a passing team ready to win games throwing 40 times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    Lamar is talented, athletic, slippery runner at the QB position, but he is a product of the RPO system he plays in. It is that simple. Lamar scares NO PRO or real player as a passer. If you put Vick in RPO, it would have been lights out all thing being equal.

Lamar is not asked to do what Vick was, and that is run a pro-style offense.
    HE RAN A…….. you know what. I’m not even gonna.

Blog Entries

No, I am. HE RAN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE AT LOUISVILLE AND THEY PUT KEPT HIM IN THE ROMAN OFFENSE FOR FIVE YEARS ANYWAY. Not one year. FIVE. Seriously, who takes a QB played in a Pro Style offense in college and then takes him out of it in the Pros?

Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No, I am. HE RAN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE AT LOUISVILLE AND THEY PUT KEPT HIM IN THE ROMAN OFFENSE FOR FIVE YEARS ANYWAY. Not one year. FIVE. Seriously, who takes a QB played in a Pro Style offense in college and then takes him out of it in the Pros?
    Someone that put him in Roman’s offense so they. Hold run him less often than Petrino did….

A LOT less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Someone that put him in Roman’s offense so they. Hold run him less often than Petrino did….

A LOT less.

He really did run an insane amount. 1600+ yards rushing in one season is wild

Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He really did run an insane amount. 1600+ yards rushing in one season is wild
    He was running for more yards than all his RB’s combined. I am absolutely convinced Ex never watched one snap at Louisville. He heard it was an Earhart-Perkins offense like 2 years ago his record keeps skipping on that….

Blog Entries

The only questions that remains for Lamar is whether he will develop his generational talent to a level/s beyond the player we see now or we are seeing Lamar at his top of his skills?

I think Lamar has plenty of room to grow but I’m starting to doubt whether he’ll ever fully maximize his skillset to be the QB I think he can be…best in the NFL.

Blog Entries

My take : I would be satisfied if Lamar got to/and won a single Super Bowl in his career. People who think he should have multiple championships are day-dreaming. We had one (2000/01) with perhaps the greatest defense ever assembled; a second came during Joe Flacco's era (2012/13); and hopefully we will see a 3rd with LJ8. It's a difficult task, so one every dozen years or so should satisfy most fans. There are historic teams (Browns, Lions) that haven't even been there at all... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RVA7 View Post
    That's the problem with Lamar- his postseason shortcomings. He has 2x reg season MVPs and has headed into the postseason twice with home field advantage locked up. But he's never made a SB appearance. His passing performance drops significantly after the regular season. 2019 could be explained due to his youth & postseason experience, plus Greg Roman's faulty gameplan. But 4 years later when he was leading a better offense, with a better OC...little better than 2019, and still no SB appearance.

IMO, a "generational talent" has to be better than just one level (the regular season). At the very least, he has to at least get to the Super Bowl. In that respect, Lamar is a postseason failure.
    As opposed to jimjim5's generational talent, Michael Vick? BTW Lamar is only 27 and still trending up. Wait 5-10 years and then re-visit the "generational talent" topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The only questions that remains for Lamar is whether he will develop his generational talent to a level/s beyond the player we see now or we are seeing Lamar at his top of his skills?

I think Lamar has plenty of room to grow but I’m starting to doubt whether he’ll ever fully maximize his skillset to be the QB I think he can be…best in the NFL.
    Interesting, Ed
    Curious why are you starting to doubt?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    He wasnt under center.
    SMH. You don't get it. First you never played pro football(I assume). Second you are a Lamar hater. Third you are making outrageous statements. Fourth you are blaming Lamar for playing the best he could in Roman's run heavy offense. Fifth you are judging him while he is only 27yo and has plenty of years ahead of him(hopefully). Sixth you get argumentative with anyone who questions you.

Seventh even when Lamar continues trending up, winning games and a SB, you will not change your views/beliefs on Lamar's abilities/greatness. One question. Why are you even a fan. Fans usually are supportive of all players. If you are not happy, there are other teams out there or do you just hate Lamar?