Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 340341342
Results 4,093 to 4,103 of 4103

Thread: Lamar

Re: Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For Lamar it's all about playoff performance. The regular season stats don't mean much if he can't continue them in the playoffs

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/530...serId=10432257

Ravens in 2024

Biggest question: Can Lamar Jackson finally take the next step in the postseason?

In playoff games, among QBs with four-plus appearances over the past 10 years, Jackson ranks third-worst in passer rating (75.7) and second-worst in completion percentage (57.4), and only Marcus Mariota had a higher sack percentage than Jackson’s 11.8. All are significantly worse than his regular-season averages.
    100 percent. While he was better this past postseason, the dip in numbers in the playoffs is extreme and glaring. It matches the eye test in general too...it clearly looks like he's pressing when the playoffs when we inevitably fall behind. This past year was a positive step for the most part though compared to previous years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

completion rate inside the 10-yard line:

64% - Lamar Jackson
    64% - Patrick Mahomes
    62% - Joe Burrow
    60% - Brock Purdy
    57% - Josh Allen
    54% - Jordan Love
    52% - Dak Prescott
    51% - Matthew Stafford
    50% - Jared Goff
    50% - Justin Fields
    49% - Russell Wilson
    49% - Justin Herbert
    48% - Kirk Cousins
    48% - Geno Smith
    48% - Tua Tagovailoa
    48% - Desmond Ridder
    48% - Bryce Young
    47% - Baker Mayfield
    47% - C.J. Stroud
    46% - Trevor Lawrence
    44% - Derek Carr
    42% - Gardner Minshew
    42% - Sam Howell

*2023 regular season, min 20 dropbacks

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1805620508399923270
    PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post

His playoff performances are improving, despite the narratives.
    I don’t think that’s “despite the narrative” for two reasons.
    A. I think most people do agree he is getting better. The second half vs Houston
    was 100% his best half of playoff football.

B. It’s not a narrative. He’s not close to his best in the playoffs. It’s just facts, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64% - Lamar Jackson
    64% - Patrick Mahomes
    62% - Joe Burrow
    60% - Brock Purdy
    57% - Josh Allen
    54% - Jordan Love
    52% - Dak Prescott
    51% - Matthew Stafford
    50% - Jared Goff
    50% - Justin Fields
    49% - Russell Wilson
    49% - Justin Herbert
    48% - Kirk Cousins
    48% - Geno Smith
    48% - Tua Tagovailoa
    48% - Desmond Ridder
    48% - Bryce Young
    47% - Baker Mayfield
    47% - C.J. Stroud
    46% - Trevor Lawrence
    44% - Derek Carr
    42% - Gardner Minshew
    42% - Sam Howell

You mean the area where Defenses are most worried about him running?

You don’t say. Thanks for helping this side of the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You mean the area where Defenses are most worried about him running?

You don’t say. Thanks for helping this side of the argument.
    Gus Edwards took all the Goal Line TDs last year so idk what you mean by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    100 percent. While he was better this past postseason, the dip in numbers in the playoffs is extreme and glaring. It matches the eye test in general too...it clearly looks like he's pressing when the playoffs when we inevitably fall behind. This past year was a positive step for the most part though compared to previous years.
    It should be pointed out that most people are worse in the postseason. It only makes sense. The average level of competition is higher than in the regular season.

Brady had a career passer rating of 97.2. Dropped to 89.8 in the playoffs. Manning was 96.5, and dropped to 87.4. Roethlisberger was 93.5, dropped to 86.7. Of course, none of them drop off anywhere close to what Lamar does at this point. If Lamar was just a LITTLE worse than his regular season self, he'd already have a trophy or two.

BTW, two guys who actually got better in the postseason (not surprisingly): Joe Montana and Patrick Mahomes.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It should be pointed out that most people are worse in the postseason. It only makes sense. The average level of competition is higher than in the regular season.

Brady had a career passer rating of 97.2. Dropped to 89.8 in the playoffs. Manning was 96.5, and dropped to 87.4. Roethlisberger was 93.5, dropped to 86.7. Of course, none of them drop off anywhere close to what Lamar does at this point. If Lamar was just a LITTLE worse than his regular season self, he'd already have a trophy or two.

BTW, two guys who actually got better in the postseason (not surprisingly): Joe Montana and Patrick Mahomes.
    That's an interesting stat with Montana and Mahomes since they have both played significant amounts of post season games. That's just part of the narrative for 2 of the all time greats.

To me the good news is that Lamar is definitely aware of this issue. He desperately wants to win. When Lamar won the MVP last year you could tell that it was like a participation trophy for him. It's clearly not the goal and this is a player driven to change the narrative an win a Championship. I believe he can. I just hope it's not like Ed Reed waiting until the very end to finally get it done.

64% - Lamar Jackson
    64% - Patrick Mahomes
    62% - Joe Burrow
    60% - Brock Purdy
    57% - Josh Allen
    54% - Jordan Love
    52% - Dak Prescott
    51% - Matthew Stafford
    50% - Jared Goff
    50% - Justin Fields
    49% - Russell Wilson
    49% - Justin Herbert
    48% - Kirk Cousins
    48% - Geno Smith
    48% - Tua Tagovailoa
    48% - Desmond Ridder
    48% - Bryce Young
    47% - Baker Mayfield
    47% - C.J. Stroud
    46% - Trevor Lawrence
    44% - Derek Carr
    42% - Gardner Minshew
    42% - Sam Howell

Wow. Looks like there's a strong correlation between that stat and winning football games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    …CAVEAT: I know there’s a LOT more blame to go around for what happens in the post-season. This is just my uneducated fan’s view of how it “feels” to watch this team in the postseason.
    Great post. I’m with you in terms accountability. Im definitely not absolving Lamar from blame.

But the most frustrating part of the Titan’s loss was Roman’s ?? play calling. People round here hate Roman because of his low volume and the fact that he featured the QB read-option threat. But I loved him because of it…it’s *smart* to build your offense around the single most effective EPA play in the game.

I soured on Roman because of that game. WTF! Lamar needed Roman’s steady/stubborn playcalling but instead he got Roman doing his best Mark Trestman pre-SB Andy Reid impersonation. Smh. Then it happened again with Monken…arghh!!!!
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePower View Post
    I am 100% on Team Huntley. The team can save hundreds of millions of dollars and get a QB (Huntley) that is a better passer than Lamar and has a similar skill set when scrambling.
    Can we get this guy back on here for a public roasting?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Wow. Looks like there's a strong correlation between that stat and winning football games.
    Can't make mistakes in the redzone, gotta score points so that makes sense to me.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk