Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT: 2022 Maryland Football

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Based on the points spread (17) and over/under (65), the odds makers say:

MD 24
    MI 41

Hard to imagine Terps winning the line-of-scrimmage or time-of-possession battles. But the turnovers battle is something else. If the Terps defense can show up (gang tackle) and force turnovers, if could make it very interesting.
    The Terps defense did indeed show up against Michigan and made it a contest. But the Terps offense and special teams made the turnovers. , costing a huge upset. Nevertheless, Maryland passed the test (assuming Michigan is for real - I have my doubts) and it’s encouraging moving forward.

CCx

2. Re: OT: 2022 Maryland Football

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    The Terps defense did indeed show up against Michigan and made it a contest. But the Terps offense and special teams made the turnovers. , costing a huge upset. Nevertheless, Maryland passed the test (assuming Michigan is for real - I have my doubts) and it’s encouraging moving forward.

CCx
    The BS interception call stopped all our momentum IMO

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    The BS interception call stopped all our momentum IMO
    Total game changer Locks really needs to answer for why he didn't challenge. Was there a post game interview with him that explains this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Total game changer Locks really needs to answer for why he didn't challenge. Was there a post game interview with him that explains this?
    Big10 rules do not allow coach challenges of turnovers. They must be initiated by refs.

You can question some other tactical decisions he made, like passing on the last offensive series in the first half instead of running the clock and thereby giving Michigan time to mount a deflating last second TD drive, but not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Big10 rules do not allow coach challenges of turnovers. They must be initiated by refs.

You can question some other tactical decisions he made, like passing on the last offensive series in the first half instead of running the clock and thereby giving Michigan time to mount a deflating last second TD drive, but not this one.
    I am going to say something that I have been wanting to say for a time but have not had data to support it. Maryland is in good hands with Locks. Team is getting WAY better. Next year will be a year. BUT Tua is not good enough to take us to the next level. The second string QB, in limited action, looks way better. In this game Tua and also two dumb losses of outside containment on runs caused the loss.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post

Thanks for the clarification. Guess we can blame the refs, who screwed us several other times.

That no challenge rule needs to be changed. College has a few other rules that need to be reviewed; like the 15 yard PI rule, which makes no sense. Really needs to be spot the ball where the infraction occurred.

Would also like to see 2 feet inbounds for a completion. Fun watching recievers do the toe taps.

I would appear that this year, Maryland belongs in the Big 10.

In past years it was totally questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I would appear that this year, Maryland belongs in the Big 10.

In past years it was totally questionable.
    Next season the Big Ten is going to have 16 teams and include Los Angeles and New Jersey. The name is a marketing joke now.

9. Re: OT: 2022 Maryland Football

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Guess we can blame the refs, who screwed us several other times.

That no challenge rule needs to be changed. College has a few other rules that need to be reviewed; like the 15 yard PI rule, which makes no sense. Really needs to be spot the ball where the infraction occurred.

Would also like to see 2 feet inbounds for a completion. Fun watching recievers do the toe taps.
    The toe tap is important. In college it doesn’t teach them the nfl way of catching. It’s an adjustment for them having to get two feet down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    I am going to say something that I have been wanting to say for a time but have not had data to support it. Maryland is in good hands with Locks. Team is getting WAY better. Next year will be a year. BUT Tua is not good enough to take us to the next level. The second string QB, in limited action, looks way better. In this game Tua and also two dumb losses of outside containment on runs caused the loss.
    heard this last 2 years about his brother in Miami then - surround him with talent and what a change. They're upgrading Oline and WR as well. Need a better TE

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Next season the Big Ten is going to have 16 teams and include Los Angeles and New Jersey. The name is a marketing joke now.
    They’re switching to hexadecimal.

My prediction for the future of the conference is 24 teams in three divisions of eight. They'll break from the NCAA and follow a NFL-style set up. Teams only play one game per year out of conference. Seven games against your own division every year, rotating home and away. And two games apiece against teams in the other two divisions each year. The team with the best overall conference record gets a bye and faces the winner of a play-in game between other two division winners for the conference championship.

B1G East
    1. Maryland
    2. Penn State
    3. Ohio State
    4. Michigan
    5. Rutgers
    6. North Carolina
    7. Virginia
    8. Georgia Tech

B1G Central
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan State