Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My hobby....

Blog Entries

Re: My hobby....

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Beekeeping. Gotta save the pollinators.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Me and my wife have thought about doing beekeeping.

Blog Entries

Nothing to interesting or unique for me.

Jiu Jitsu, hunting and targert shooting are what get most of my time and interest these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m an avid snowboarder, I actually have been teaching lessons for about 7 winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been snowboarding for 18-19 years or so. I haven't gone in about 2-yrs...it hasn't been great weather for consistent snow in Maryland. I'm thinking about trying to get away for a long weekend at Wisp this year if I can.

Where do you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    My unusual hobby is brewing beer, but it really doesn't happen a lot anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I hear you. I have a really slick electric BIAB system from Clawhammer Supply. It's awesome. I haven't brewed in a year....just haven't had time. My keezer died, so I need to get a new freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    I am starting a new thread to show my unusual hobby......what's your unusual hobby?
    Attachment 5764Attachment 5765

These were two pics I was able to upload.......how? I have no idea why these two and not others. I tried to resize....still will not upload. If any you computer geeks know how I can upload pics I would sure appreciate it. One of the other things we find are buttons.......anyone know why buttons?
    I have several hobbies - cooking/smoking, beer brewing, but my favorite non-work related things to do are woodworking and restoring vintage tools. I think I have about 50 vintage hand planes right now...some of which are quite old and rare.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've been snowboarding for 18-19 years or so. I haven't gone in about 2-yrs...it hasn't been great weather for consistent snow in Maryland. I'm thinking about trying to get away for a long weekend at Wisp this year if I can.

Where do you teach?

I hear you. I have a really slick electric BIAB system from Clawhammer Supply. It's awesome. I haven't brewed in a year....just haven't had time. My keezer died, so I need to get a new freezer.

I have several hobbies - cooking/smoking, beer brewing, but my favorite non-work related things to do are woodworking and restoring vintage tools. I think I have about 50 vintage hand planes right now...some of which are quite old and rare.
    I was waiting for you to make an appearance here. You are one of the renaissance men on this forum, lol.

As is Darb.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

My passionate hobby is collecting rock 'n roll items, autographed photos, memorabilia, etc. Have an extensive collection in my basement bar I should probably secure with an insurance rider, as I've invested a ton of money and the hand me downs from my older sisters are priceless. Rare Beatles imported magazines and 45's designated for radio stations. no idea how they got them.

Also an original photo of the Rolling Stones from 1964 signed by each of them with hand typed fan club information.

Room gives you a headache just looking at everything. Takes a good hour to view it all. Getting storm warnings from Mrs. TheOrioleWay about adding to the "museum".

Just snagged an authenticated signed photo of Jimmy Page.

Also collect sports stuff, mostly O's Ravens, Colts & Terps, but not on the level of the music stuff. Have a Pete Rose rookie card and some really old O's and Colts cards I should also insure.

When Covid hit and I was bored to death from being quarantined, I started making lamps from bottles. Fun and really easy. Hardest part is actually deciding on the shade. Sample:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    My passionate hobby is collecting rock 'n roll items, autographed photos, memorabilia, etc. Have an extensive collection in my basement bar I should probably secure with an insurance rider, as I've invested a ton of money and the hand me downs from my older sisters are priceless. Rare Beatles imported magazines and 45's designated for radio stations. no idea how they got them.

Also an original photo of the Rolling Stones from 1964 signed by each of them with hand typed fan club information.

Room gives you a headache just looking at everything. Takes a good hour to view it all. Getting storm warnings from Mrs. TheOrioleWay about adding to the "museum".

Also collect sports stuff, mostly O's Ravens, Colts & Terps, but not on the level of the music stuff. Have a Pete Rose rookie card and some really old O's and Colts cards I should also insure.

When Covid hit and I was bored to death from being quarantined, I started making lamps from bottles. Fun and really easy. Hardest part is actually deciding on the shade. Sample:

Some good man cave shit.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 09-01-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post

NO bullshit... I'd be interested in buying one of those!

8. Re: My hobby....

Beekeeping. Gotta save the pollinators.

No shit! My buddy Roman does this at his place. Sells some awesome honey at the farmers market. Pretty fun too

9. Re: My hobby....

Weirdest hobby I’ve got is amplifier repair. Big fan of people throwing out or giving away 800 dollar stereo equipment it takes me about an hour to fix (or just investing about 10-30 bucks in new speaker cone/ power supply for)

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    No shit! My buddy Roman does this at his place. Sells some awesome honey at the farmers market. Pretty fun too
    Yeah, its fun but hard. Lots of things can go wrong. Hive beetles, wax moths, mites, and your neighbors pesticides. They are pretty amazing creatures though.

Yeah, its fun but hard. Lots of things can go wrong. Hive beetles, wax moths, mites, and your neighbors pesticides. They are pretty amazing creatures though.

I saw some really interesting Youtube videos about hives getting "Africanized". I had a period where I was watching bee keeping videos, don't ask me how or why, and that was one of the phenomena that was interesting to me.

When hives go bad, lol.

I think in one the guy had to put whole hive down.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    That sounds like an amazing career. I love history stuff.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    https://www.medievalists.net/

This is one of my near daily visits. It mostly focuses on European history, though there is quite a bit about the Middle East and Asian included.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock