"Don't Be a Jerk"

If you have been to Ravens home games, you may recall Bruce Cunningham asking the crowd not to do stupid things, to behave, etc. He said "Don't...Be...A...Jerk". And if you were a jerk, he told you the "realities" of what would happen to you.

Well, I'm gonna be Bruce today. And although I know less about football than Greg's Dog™, I do know jerks when I see them. And I've seen a few this past week right here on this forum.

Look, I realize that you all have strong opinions of Lamar, Greg Roman, Harbs, the Stools and the that bitch Burrow and a host of other things. But guess what - others have opinions too. And they are just as convinced they are right and you are wrong.

Some smart man once said "On the most exhalted throne in the world, we are seated on nothing but our own arse". I have always taken that to mean you are no bigger or more important than the next guy. And I've never heard of somebody successfully changing someone's mind on an Internet forum. So lighten up. Accept that your opinion is yours and don't call other posters names, race bait them, make disparaging comments on their IQ or whatever you may choose to do to insult them.

Because here are the realities...although we embrace light moderation principles here, the mods are prepared to whack posts and threads with extreme prejudice and issue infractions as needed to maintain order. To avoid this, a good step would be to re-familiarize yourself with the pinned forum rules. And if you see an infraction, report it. But NOTE: not every comment that you don't like is a true rules infraction, so don't report weak sauce. After all, the mods have day jobs and one of them is not babysitter.

You are a good crew. Remember we are all on the side of the good guys, after all.

Thanks and we hope you continue to enjoy the RSR forums!
    Last edited by camdenyard; 08-23-2022 at 09:34 AM.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: "Don't Be a Jerk"

On light moderation, I once read a book called "A Free People's Suicide." The premise of the book was freedom requires people to behave well which requires people to have good morals and ethics so the government doesn't have to come down on them.

We try to give a lot of freedom on this forum to the posters but that requires all of us to handle ourselves with some kind of decorum.

Basically, just be decent to each other even if you disagree. I need to remind myself of this from time to time.

We don't want Tony to be tempted to hire 87,000 new moderators.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Another way of putting it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    On light moderation, I once read a book called "A Free People's Suicide." The premise of the book was freedom requires people to behave well which requires people to have good morals and ethics so the government doesn't have to come down on them.

We try to give a lot of freedom on this forum to the posters but that requires all of us to handle ourselves with some kind of decorum.

Basically, just be decent to each other even if you disagree. I need to remind myself of this from time to time.

We don't want Tony to be tempted to hire 87,000 new moderators.
    Everyone has read "A brave new world", but really the book they should read by Huxley is "Island". This encompasses what you describe above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Sam was so good at "Splainin' stuff"
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Plenty of "jerkness" in that "Roquan Signing ... Nail in Coffin thread" by BlackClericDave ... the usual suspects

Ok shitting on team good. Quoting and calling haters what they are bad.