Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Got Camp/Preseason Questions

If you have any questions about the Ravens so far this summer, post them here. Our staff has been on hand each day. We'll chime in with our thoughts and things we've heard around One Winning Drive.

Enjoy your day everyone!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Got Camp/Preseason Questions

How is Gus’ rehab going, and what is the latest point that Stanley could begin practicing to be week 1 starting LT?

Actual Ronnie Stanley info would be quite the scoop.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Proche "soft tissue"injury.

Mega dittos on Stanley

Blog Entries

Just want to hear who is catching punts, kickoffs.
    Know there may not be a lot with no camp kicker/punter this year ala Verity.

Saw Pepe fair catch a 20yd cushion, wondering how much practice he or others like him are getting?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    How is Gus’ rehab going, and what is the latest point that Stanley could begin practicing to be week 1 starting LT?
    As per usual, the Ravens are tight-lipped on the injury front. When John Harbaugh said that Gus wouldn't be ready for the opener early on, you knew that the Bus' wheel was coming along slowly. He hasn't been seen on the practice field, even as a spectator. There's been no word on how his progress is coming but the vibe is that he's weeks behind J.K. Dobbins. If Gus is still on PUP when the season starts he will be transferred to “reserve” PUP and must miss a minimum of the first six games of the season. Unfortunately, until we hear otherwise, I think that's how it will play out.

As for Stanley, the team has been pretty consistent with the message re: his recovery. They believe Ronnie is on track to be ready for Week 1. It's a process that takes time. The media probably doesn't inquire regularly because it's the same answer each time. Maybe that's why it isn't brought up all that much. That said, I think we'd all be naive to think Ronnie will look like All Pro Stanley from the jump. It will take some time to get that range of motion back. The good news? He seems engaged, anxious and appears to be in good shape and those are all plusses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Proche "soft tissue"injury.

Mega dittos on Stanley
    Most of the beat writers consider "soft tissue" as code for "Hamstring".

So I will go with that until I hear otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Just want to hear who is catching punts, kickoffs.
    Know there may not be a lot with no camp kicker/punter this year ala Verity.

Saw Pepe fair catch a 20yd cushion, wondering how much practice he or others like him are getting?
    I think those jobs will remain the responsibility of Devin Duvernay. I can't say that I've seen Pepe practice much as a PR and him assuming that role in Thursday's game was a mild surprise. As you know, Proche has had experience on punts but I think the team likes the speed of Duv at PR.

As for KR, I've seen Tyler Badie and Corey Clement back there receiving kicks. On Thursday the team spent a significant portion of the early practice working on teams. Their performance on Thursday was one of the team's weaker outcomes.

Has Marcus peters practiced at all? Any update?

How does Lamar like his steak

I dont want Stanley week one. Its the Jets. Give him more time and give our young tackles the reps

Who are the 3rd/4th year players most likely to be cut or traded to make room for all the rookies on the 53 man roster?