Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 272829

Re: Cutdown cut downs

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Live press conference on baltimoreravens.com now.

(They finally mic'd the media...only took 20 years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Never let it be said that the Ravens aren’t open to change
    Most stunning news I've heard all week!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Most stunning news I've heard all week!
    Seriously I stopped watching the mumblefest

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When the Ravens kept 11 OL on the 53 I assumed it was a precursor to a trade. When they waived Phillips, I figured I was wrong.

Still, I knew that quality OL depth is hard to come by, and that made me curious what OL trades went down yesterday. Here's what I could find...

From ... To ... Player, Position

1. Panthers ... Titans ... Dennis Daley, OT
    2. Vikings ... Steelers ... Jesse Davis, G
    3. Packers. ..... Jaguars ... Cole Van Lanen, G
    4. Bills ... Cardinals ... Cody Ford, OT

As an aside, I remember liking Ford in the draft (38th overall pick). But I guess he would have been just another disappointment in the ill-fated '19 draft (Marquise Brown, Jaylon Ferguson, Miles Boykin, Justice Hill, Ben Powers (Ford's teammate at Oklahoma), Iman Marshall, Daylon Mack, Trace McSorley)
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    miss handled I would think would be not to be played. You could say that about Duvernay or Proche because they have seen limited opportunites.

Phillips has played quite a lot, he is just not very good.

Maybe he should never have seen reps at OT but that is on coaches
    Phillips was a Last Chance U guy drafted to play G and he never did that well. I doubt they saw anything they didn't expect when letting him see if he could keep a roster spot as a versatile backup G/T. Not beating out Powers or Cleveland at G is on Phillips, not the coaches.

I don't disagree. He struggled at RT and wasn't any better than the many options they had at LG. I do regret that they bounced him around at different spots, which was a bit of a disservice. But they certainly gave him opportunity this year and he didn't rise to the occasion.
    "That's what."
    — She

When the Ravens kept 11 OL on the 53 I assumed it was a precursor to a trade. When they waived Phillips, I figured I was wrong.

Still, I knew that quality OL depth is hard to come by, and that made me curious what OL trades went down yesterday. Here's what I could find...

From ... To ... Player, Position

1. Panthers ... Titans ... Dennis Daley, OT
    2. Vikings ... Steelers ... Jesse Davis, G
    3. Packers. ..... Jaguars ... Cole Van Lanen, G
    4. Bills ... Cardinals ... Cody Ford, OT

As an aside, I remember liking Ford in the draft (38th overall pick). But I guess he would have been just another disappointment in the ill-fated '19 draft (Marquise Brown, Jaylon Ferguson, Miles Boykin, Justice Hill, Ben Powers (Ford's teammate at Oklahoma), Iman Marshall, Daylon Mack, Trace McSorley)
    The Cards traded for Cody Ford, interesting

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The Cards traded for Cody Ford, interesting
    The Bills just turned the 38th overall pick in 2019 into a fifth round pick in 2023 a week after they had to cut Azaria. I guess Brandon Brainiac Beane isn't all that.

Seriously, it appears Ford was playing well in the preseason. Or the Buffalo media is just buying the team's spin. Buffalo got for Ford approximately what the Ravens got for Bredesen, give or take.

it just goes to show you that even the best swing and miss sometimes.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

The Bills just turned the 38th overall pick in 2019 into a fifth round pick in 2023 a week after they had to cut Azaria. I guess Brandon Brainiac Beane isn't all that.

Seriously, it appears Ford was playing well in the preseason. Or the Buffalo media is just buying the team's spin. Buffalo got for Ford approximately what the Ravens got for Bredesen, give or take.

Before he was traded there were articles about how poor Ford was playing. Below the one I remember. Given what they got in return I think it's probably accurate

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bil...ut-trade-2022/

Bills Urged to Cut or Trade Former 2nd Round Pick Before Season Starts

The Buffalo Bills are in the midst of figuring out which players will be selected for the team’s 53-man roster once the 2022 NFL season starts, and while there are a lot of tough decisions to be made at multiple positions, Bleacher Report’s Ian Wharton suggests there’s one obvious cut to make.

On Wednesday, August 17, Wharton urged the Bills to release offensive lineman Cody Ford. While Buffalo traded up to select Ford with their second-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, his “career fell apart relatively quickly after he never developed as a starter,” Wharton wrote.

Yup. Howie Roseman is another one who is getting a lot of good press lately.
    Andre Dillard (1st round pick 2019) has been the subject of trade talks and Raegor (1st round pick 2020) and Arcega-Whiteside (2nd round pick 2020) are already out of Philly with little to show for it.

PS Didn't know Hank was playing for the Bills
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Kind of funny every year we sit around arguing and complaining about the talent we have to cut off of our 53.

Then to turn around and find out not a single one of them were wanted by the other 31 teams on waiver.
    I'd replace "we" with "some". Not everybody plays keyboard GM with every single move the Ravens make.

You get the two extremes. Some fret whether we can sneak the perceived 54th guy onto the practice squad. Or some proclaim, 'good-riddence, that guy was garbage' (often accompanied by the assumption we'll instead be signing a $15M/yr Edge or WR).

The truth usually lies in between these types of responses. Our bubble guys are not very different from their bubble guys. Fans of every team worry about losing their own training camp darlings, most of whom are not even on our fandom radar.

Waived players who everyone is in the queue to nab are not as prevalent as many might suspect. And sometimes the 'garbage' guys land right back on the practice squad and it really isn't good riddance afterall.

In other words, file this under my prior, "overreaction" comments.
    "That's what."
    — She