Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A closer look at Shemar Bridges.

Wonder how he does against the starters? He might be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

Blog Entries

The hands looked great but when you can't get separation as a WR you have to block out like a tight end. That's what Bridges was doing against the backups. Can he do that against NFL level corners? Maybe. Hopefully we'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    He does it against some starters I’ll become a believer he’s anything more than the annual preseason hero.
    Here's the thing.

We would be the 3rd or 4th WR in our offense barring injury. He doesn't REALLY have to beat legit starters if he plays for us.

He need to beat his matchup. The guys on the Titans very well may be who he needs to beat on gameday given his role.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Here's the thing.

We would be the 3rd or 4th WR in our offense barring injury. He doesn't REALLY have to beat legit starters if he plays for us.

He need to beat his matchup. The guys on the Titans very well may be who he needs to beat on gameday given his role.
    We know this offense though, there’s not enough ball for down the depth chart receivers. He’d still be behind Bateman, Andrews, Likely, Proche, Duvernay, Wallace, and probably even Pat Ricard. If guys they draft in the mid rounds take years to see the field on any regular basis, Bridges would be a unicorn in this offense. It’s possible sure, but I’m not betting on it. Keeping an extra lineman and stashing Bridges on the PS or IR is my guess.

He is what Victor was supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He is what Victor was supposed to be
    And Boykin

Here is an in-depth breakdown of Bridges. IDK about him being the #2 WR but he can be a well-rounded outside weapon and his height will lead to mismatches. If Bateman can draw a double team sending Bridges and Andrews deep will lead to mismatches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXbWIFg2CTw

I know Coach Evans is jacked up about him. But even Benjimin Victor looked good

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Bridges had a great game on Thursday.

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but, other than the TD, most of his catches were body catches. If that's his usual pattern, it might not fit well with being a go up and get it WR in the NFL. It takes away his height advantage and makes contested catches harder.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but, other than the TD, most of his catches were body catches. If that's his usual pattern, it might not fit well with being a go up and get it WR in the NFL. It takes away his height advantage and makes contested catches harder.
    Thanks Nevermore, I was going to make the same comment he is a body catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

The TD was not a body catch. He high point the ball at least twice... And if you check the film he also had some nice little moves

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans