Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Clark

Re: Chuck Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Chuck Clark is a JAG to me, but he has grown on me. I'm shell shocked from how many miscommunications and breakdowns we had in Winks defense last year, I'm just happy to have someone be in the right spot and run the right play.
    The guy who wears the green dot is the opposite of a JAG; we would have an immediate identity crisis if Chuck Clark wasn't on this team and either Hamilton or Williams had to take on that responsibility during their first year with the team. Only certain guys at certain positions are entrusted with that responsibility, and Clark was chosen because the coaches and players rave about his intelligence and leadership ability.

Clark was also spectacular in 2019 when he had a true free safety next to him in Earl Thomas, and that's the role he'll be stepping into this year with Marcus Williams/Kyle Hamilton on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wieters View Post
    The guy who wears the green dot is the opposite of a JAG; we would have an immediate identity crisis if Chuck Clark wasn't on this team and either Hamilton or Williams had to take on that responsibility during their first year with the team. Only certain guys at certain positions are entrusted with that responsibility, and Clark was chosen because the coaches and players rave about his intelligence and leadership ability.

Clark was also spectacular in 2019 when he had a true free safety next to him in Earl Thomas, and that's the role he'll be stepping into this year with Marcus Williams/Kyle Hamilton on the roster.
    All of that means absolutely nothing to me. When I say JAG I'm talking about his ability on the field to make plays. Having a green dot doesn't make you the opposite of a JAG in on field performance. I don't know where you got that from.

He can have the intelligence of Einstein and the Leadership ability of General Patton. If he can't get on the field and make plays and impact the defense than he is JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    All of that means absolutely nothing to me. When I say JAG I'm talking about his ability on the field to make plays. Having a green dot doesn't make you the opposite of a JAG in on field performance. I don't know where you got that from.

He can have the intelligence of Einstein and the Leadership ability of General Patton. If he can't get on the field and make plays and impact the defense than he is JAG.
    To me, a JAG is a replacement-level player. Given that Clark is in the ~5% of NFL players who has any experience with the green dot, and considering the difficulty of reassigning the green dot if Chuck weren’t to wear it, he’s not a replacement-level player. So if you’re trying to isolate his play as a free safety in a vacuum, I think that’s myopic given that he wears the green dot.

I also think it’s backwards looking to judge him as a FS, because he’s not going to he playing that position this year with Williams and Hamilton on the roster; he’s going to be playing a position that he excelled at in 2019.

Oh, and his contract is incredibly manageable.

So what is your point?

Blog Entries

Chuck is more than a JAG and is a competent NFL starter. I think this will be his last season in Baltimore but he is the starter for now

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Last night they were saying that Macdonald was telling them that he saw linebackers and safeties and swappable in this defense. We all know he used a lot of 3 safety looks at Michigan last year. It's going to be something similar. There will be a need for a lot of safeties maybe at the expense of a linebacker spot.
    This is extremely good news and the first time I've heard him quoted as saying so. I am expecting a new low of total ILB snaps played this season if the Ravens can be effective offensively (leads generate dime and quarter opportunities).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    This is extremely good news and the first time I've heard him quoted as saying so. I am expecting a new low of total ILB snaps played this season if the Ravens can be effective offensively (leads generate dime and quarter opportunities).
    A filmstudy sighting! Good to see

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think the team would deal him for the right offer as they seem to have a surplus of solid safeties, but I think the value the Ravens organization places on him would rightfully be above what another team would be willing to offer for him.

And I agree with s.r.genovese, I think their LBs (outside of Bowser who may not be around at the start) are horrific players in coverage, so the safeties, all of them, are probably playing a lot this year.

THIS.

Wild guess - I think for a 3rd they would move him. Or for a conditional pick that becomes a 3rd if he started 65% of snaps or something. I think they would move him.

Jefferson looking good, Geno Stone looks decent, drafted Hamilton - they can afford to move a guy. I think there's no need to play Clark and then have him get injured and you can't trade him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    exactly - would be foolish to consider trading him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Too valuable. Doesn’t he still call the defensive signals? And was a big improvement in that department over his predecessor (the ex-Seahawk whose name I can’t remember).

Blog Entries

Seahawk? You thinking of Earl Thomas?
    I seem to think Eric Weddle wore the dot (San Diego) but I can't find anything
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A filmstudy sighting! Good to see
    Fake news, someone hacked his account…