Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior Dline

Blog Entries

Re: Interior Dline

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    What they're saying is that to a layman it looked like Jones was taking plays off but in reality he was playing way way more plays and being asked to do more than anyone asks a NT at the college level, so the guy was just tired. Meanwhile, because the defense is so awesome Jordan Davis gets to play like 25% of snaps so of course he's not going to look tired.
    The irony is that despite playing being fresher and playing fewer snaps Jordan Davis was still winded at times. And the production differences between Davis and Jones are very wide and that's despite Davis being surrounded by talented 1st round prospects all around him compared to Jones who was the lonestar on a team w/ very little if any NFL talent besides him.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Re: Interior Dline

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The irony is that despite playing being fresher and playing fewer snaps Jordan Davis was still winded at times. And the production differences between Davis and Jones are very wide and that's despite Davis being surrounded by talented 1st round prospects all around him compared to Jones who was the lonestar on a team w/ very little if any NFL talent besides him.
    I believe Davis went much higher than Jones because of two things.... His size, and his 40 time. Jones is huge but Davis is a mountain who is extremely athletic for someone that size. That along with the points you raised (him being in the SEC playing on the national championship defense)... Made the eagles trade up for him. It's almost like players getting over valued on a superbowl roster... It happened to the Ravens in 2013... Guys like Paul Kruger got way overpaid just because he was on the Ravens defense and in a team that won the SB along with a pretty solid season.

Not saying Davis won't be a good player I think he will... But he's a NT that will probably get 4 sacks a season at his height while being a force in the run game. I don't think he will be a player who can impact a game that warrants a pick as high as 14 and certainly not when the Ravens got Davis in the 3rd rd who actually suits today's game better than Davis does.