Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens at Texans

Thinking of trying to get several friends to go down to Houston for that game. 24x7 offers the trip with ravenstrips.com. Anybody ever use them ? I will noy use their airfare (we have air miles to use) but the rest of it sounds ok. Just wondering if by not using their airfare it takes away from the trip somehow.Id also like any other feedback you may offer like how far the hotel is from the stadium. I would post this in the away games thread but it hasnt been posted in since December and i kinda want some feedback ASAP.

Kinda new to posting here but ive been around all the boards forever. Some of you may recognize the name.

Re: Ravens at Texans

Welcome ....

There are tons of hotels in the area so if you need any advice, dont hesitate to ask. I will be going to the game as well.

If you buy Anne Coulter's next book, HoustonRave will let you stay at his pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    If you buy Anne Coulter's next book, HoustonRave will let you stay at his pad.
    There is no "e" on her first name. And I already have all of her books! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There is no "e" on her first name.
    Kinda proud that I didn't know that.

And I already have all of her books! ;)
    Any original ideas in those books? She seems to be repeating (and stuttering) what every other right wing, god-fearing conservative says but with an angrier and more bitter tone and oh yeah, a skirt. The shame of it now is that she isn't even hawt anymore.

Any original ideas in those books? She seems to be repeating (and stuttering) what every other right wing, god-fearing conservative says but with an angrier and more bitter tone and oh yeah, a skirt. The shame of it now is that she isn't even hawt anymore.
    Typical liberal bumper-sticker rant that lumps conservatives into a nice easy package for you to loathe. Cant take the time to read her stuff, but can dispute it AND make fun of her all in one sentence. And liberals are the tolerant ones? :D

Getting back from a hijacked thread ....

How many are heading this way for the game?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Coulter actually is a funny writer who is as well-researched as anybody. She does go over the top at times in trying to get a laugh or make a point, but her entertainment value and insight tops any other political writer I know.

Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    There is no "e" on her first name.
    Kinda proud that I didn't know that.
    Proud of a lack of knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Proud of a lack of knowledge?
    of the correct spelling ann coulter, yes. Of having a working knowledge of ann coulter's perspective on things? Really not that difficult.

ooops.
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 06-16-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Typical liberal bumper-sticker rant that lumps conservatives into a nice easy package for you to loathe. Cant take the time to read her stuff, but can dispute it AND make fun of her all in one sentence. And liberals are the tolerant ones? :D
    C'mon H.R. you really going to make the case that she should be taken as a serious political analyst? Even the Fox News guys use her as some kind of cheerleader mascot. I mean, please feel free to support your party ticket but I am not sure if I would center an argument around her. Really.

The fact that she has so many best sellers just shows the power of old ideas recycled under creative marketing. In the scenario blonde hair and long legs and a "no ever too me serious bitter attitude". It's not really her that makes me rant so much as it is the gullibilty of american consumerism that supports the likes of a Ann Coulter, Dr. Phil, Tony Robbins and their rehashed ideas sold under bright and shiney book covers.

Anyway... I might come to Houston afterall!

C'mon H.R. you really going to make the case that she should be taken as a serious political analyst? Even the Fox News guys use her as some kind of cheerleader mascot. I mean, please feel free to support your party ticket but I am not sure if I would center an argument around her. Really.
    Of course they use her as a cheerleader because in her dry, over-the-top way, she IS a cheerleader for conservatives. She's a satirist more then an analyst. Both sides have people who are over the top with their wit and satire. She LOVES the fact she gets the ire.

The fact that she has so many best sellers just shows the power of old ideas recycled under creative marketing. In the scenario blonde hair and long legs and a "no ever too me serious bitter attitude". It's not really her that makes me rant so much as it is the gullibilty of american consumerism that supports the likes of a Ann Coulter, Dr. Phil, Tony Robbins and their rehashed ideas sold under bright and shiney book covers.
    That statement makes it obvious you have not read a page of any of her books. While I agree with you on Dr. Phil and Robbins, to lump someone Ann into that group shows a misunderstanding of what she actually writes about.

Why are you never writing in the Politics forum? I love debating but Im sure everyone else reading this could care less.