Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: RSR Fantasy Football SetUp/Discussion

I'm new and would like to try league 2 as the 1st and I'll do multiple leagues

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Looking pretty good folks. Looks like League 1 is full. League Deux could use a few more, but we can fill with players in League 1 willing to double up if needed. Anybody else interested, let us know so we can get these set.

Currently we have 8 for the IDP (individual defensive players) league. Would love to have 12. Let me know if you are not on the list if you would be interested in that league.

We have:

LEAGUE 1-AUCTION DRAFT
    1) VermontRaven
    2) Baldy
    3) pslholder96
    4) GOTA
    5) Bhcforlife---put you in League 1 since you indicated preference for auction draft
    6) Ortizer
    7) yellajacket20 (Marques's team)
    8) Ravensforce83 (Trades ruined my team name)
    9) Robert (from Lg 1 last year)
    10) brown2RAVEN
    11) QtR Nevermore (Parkus Meters)
    *WNCRavensFan*--will put in League if we don't fill with returnees; otherwise will go to League Deux

LEAGUE DEUX--STANDARD SNAKE DRAFT
    1) muleycrazy (PurplePain)
    2) Ravensblizkrieg---put in League Deux since you indicated you preferred standard snake draft
    3)Baldy
    4)Mmcclend
    5) bmore finest
    6) Eastern_Shore_Fan (Baltimore Destroyers/Blitzers)
    ??? Shrubbs ???

ALTERNATIVE LEAGUE W/INDIVIDUAL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS
    1) VermontRaven
    2) muleycrazy (PurplePain)
    3) Bhcforlife
    4) GOTA
    5) pslholder96
    6) brown2RAVEN
    7) QtR Nevermore
    8) Eastern_Shore_Fan

Willing to play in Multiple Leagues
    1) Vermont Raven
    2) GOTA
    3)Bhcforlife
    4) muleycrazy
    5) Ravensforce83
    Can also add me to IDp league
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Not an idp fan but will play if need ppl to fill up

I'm getting hyped. Let's do this!!

Question about the IDP league. Are we still doing an auction for this league?
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm getting hyped. Let's do this!!

Question about the IDP league. Are we still doing an auction for this league?
    I would not do an auction for IDP. Values are way too tough to determine. The one I've been in is always a snake draft. IDP players will got as early as round 8 and by round 10 you'll have multiple guys taken. It becomes a real decision whether to take a starting linebacker or a 4th RB. Leave League 1 as auction and do a snake IDP for that league.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I would not do an auction for IDP. Values are way too tough to determine. The one I've been in is always a snake draft. IDP players will got as early as round 8 and by round 10 you'll have multiple guys taken. It becomes a real decision whether to take a starting linebacker or a 4th RB. Leave League 1 as auction and do a snake IDP for that league.
    So let me get this straight. This league is only starting defensive players? Another league I'm in starts 14 players, 5 of them IDPs. As for value I have respectfully disagree. It's not hard to figure out the values. Some folks will overpay, others will get underpay. I would absolutely do an auction for this league. It's only then you can determine value a little more accurately. If it's a snake draft involving IDPs only then you'll have to count me out. I would rather do an auction that involves part of the lineup starting IDPs

Blog Entries

So let me get this straight. This league is only starting defensive players? Another league I'm in starts 14 players, 5 of them IDPs. As for value I have respectfully disagree. It's not hard to figure out the values. Some folks will overpay, others will get underpay. I would absolutely do an auction for this league. It's only then you can determine value a little more accurately. If it's a snake draft involving IDPs only then you'll have to count me out. I would rather do an auction that involves part of the lineup starting IDPs
    The way we do it is have 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL & 2 flex for defense. That is in addition to the normal offensive players. Your bench can have any combination of offensive and defensive players.

In terms of auction value I really have no idea what defensive players would go for because there are few resources on it. Over the weekend I listened to the coverage of the pro auction draft from Canton. They had multiple leagues and we could hear how much Debo went for or Henry or Lamar. That’s a great resource to hear what pros are paying.

There is nothing like that which I have heard of for IDP leagues. Is Leonard worth $10 or $40? What is the value of Donald who is worth a lot for a DL but in general DLs go closer to end in a snake draft. I just wouldn’t know where to look to get values for IDP. It would also make for a very long draft since auction drafts take a lot more time. I’m up for anything in fantasy but I don’t think an auction draft is the best way to go.

What's up fellas! I was commish last year of League Deux. I'm out this year so whoever would like to take it over, let me know if you need anything from me.

The way we do it is have 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL & 2 flex for defense. That is in addition to the normal offensive players. Your bench can have any combination of offensive and defensive players.

In terms of auction value I really have no idea what defensive players would go for because there are few resources on it. Over the weekend I listened to the coverage of the pro auction draft from Canton. They had multiple leagues and we could hear how much Debo went for or Henry or Lamar. That’s a great resource to hear what pros are paying.

There is nothing like that which I have heard of for IDP leagues. Is Leonard worth $10 or $40? What is the value of Donald who is worth a lot for a DL but in general DLs go closer to end in a snake draft. I just wouldn’t know where to look to get values for IDP. It would also make for a very long draft since auction drafts take a lot more time. I’m up for anything in fantasy but I don’t think an auction draft is the best way to go.
    Okay, so it's a combination of offensive and defensive starters. We started 9 offensive players and 5 defensive players, 2 LB, 2DL and 1 DB. I've been playing for 3 years auction style using this format. Top defensive players are going for $5-$10 because most of your points are going to come from offense. In an auction draft most resources and energy is spent on offensive players anyway. I have never seen a defensive player go for more than $13. Trust me. No one is paying $40 for Aaron Donald or Leonard. There is plenty of material that suggest estimated values for defensive players. I personally am not a fan of drafting defense in any league. Just draft IDPs.

Blog Entries

Okay, so it's a combination of offensive and defensive starters. We started 9 offensive players and 5 defensive players, 2 LB, 2DL and 1 DB. I've been playing for 3 years auction style using this format. Top defensive players are going for $5-$10 because most of your points are going to come from offense. In an auction draft most resources and energy is spent on offensive players anyway. I have never seen a defensive player go for more than $13. Trust me. No one is paying $40 for Aaron Donald or Leonard. There is plenty of material that suggest estimated values for defensive players. I personally am not a fan of drafting defense in any league. Just draft IDPs.
    What budget do you start with? $300 instead of $200?

What budget do you start with? $300 instead of $200?
    We start with $200. Increase it to $300 then may be you'll see Aaron Donald going for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    What's up fellas! I was commish last year of League Deux. I'm out this year so whoever would like to take it over, let me know if you need anything from me.
    I’m happy to Commish and play in all 3 leagues if that’s cool with everyone…happy to let someone else commish too if they want though