Page 1 of 113 123 ... LastLast

RSR Fantasy Football SetUp/Discussion

Hi,

I know it's a little early, but I wanted to start the discussion around format, leagues, etc. for RSR fantasy football. After last year's injuries in the final preseason game, I'm thinking it would be smart to hold any drafts for leagues after the final preseason game.

Last year we had 2 leagues with 10-12 teams each if I recall correctly. League 1 was commissioned by LaxDad. (can't remember who commissioned League 2) Both leagues were set up with the Auction draft format. At one point there, was also a discussion about creating another league for this year that used individual defensive players, etc.

I know I am definitely game to do League 1 again, and would also be willing to try a 2nd league if we want to experiment with a different format (or to fill out League 2 if there is an odd number, etc). I am also happy to be the commissioner of 1 of the leagues if needed (not sure if anyone has heard from LaxDad...I know a while back people were wondering where he was)

So, please post if you are interested and what your interest/preferences are: If you are a past participant, it would probably be helpful if you posted your previous team name (unless it is extremely similar to your RSR screen name)

1) Do you prefer Auction draft or standard draft?
    2) Do you have a specific league you want to be in/continue with? (Ex: I would like to remain in League 1)
    3) What are your thought on any alternative leagues?--Ind. defensive players, etc. If you are interested in one of these, would you want to participate in that league + more standard league or just that one, etc.)
    4) We have used Yahoo the last few years. Do you want to keep that platform or try a different one?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE DIFFERENT PREFERENCES:

League 1 = Auction Draft

League 2 = Snake Draft

League 3 (if enough interest) = individual defensive players, Draft type TBD.

(almost) FINAL ROSTER

LEAGUE 1-AUCTION DRAFT (Draft Monday September 5 @ 9 pm Eastern)
    1) Vermont Yanderbaum Commish (VermontRaven)
    2) Baldy Will Dominate (WrongBaldy)
    3) Purple Pain (pslholder96)
    4) GOTA Beyond (GOTA)
    5) David’s Nice Team (Ortizer)
    6) RavensNJackets (yellajacket20)
    7) Temp name (Ravensforce83)
    8) Robert’s Remarkable Team (not on RSR)
    9) Tom’s Terrific Team (brown2RAVEN)
    10) Garbage Pail Kids (WNCRavensFan)
    11) Mad Puppy’s Raven Mad (Mad Puppy)
    12) Section 120

LEAGUE DEUX--STANDARD SNAKE DRAFT (Draft Wednesday, September 7 @ 9 pm Eastern)
    1) VT Commish’s Commodes (VermontRaven)
    2) Baldy Will Dominate (WrongBaldy)
    3) GOTA’s Cream of the Crop (GOTA)
    4) Team (Ravensforce83)
    5) Purple Pain (muleycrazy)
    6) Markus’s Nifty Team (Mmcclend)
    7) 2 and a Flair (StalkRavenMad)
    8) DarkRavenKnightRises (bmore finest)
    9) Ravenx Ramblers (Ravenxbio)
    10) Football is Life (Shrubbs)
    11) Baltimore Sack Attack (Eastern_Shore_Fan)
    12) Grant’s Groovy Team (QtR Nevermore)

ALTERNATIVE LEAGUE W/INDIVIDUAL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS (Draft Tuesday, September 6 @ 9 pm Eastern)
    1) VT Syrup Country Commish (VermontRaven)
    2) GOTA’s Illegal Trip (GOTA)
    3) Move These Chains (muleycrazy)
    4) Purple Pain (pslholder96)
    5) TOM’s Overated Sacks (brown2RAVEN)
    6) Grant’s Groovy Team (QtR Nevermore)
    7) #1 Defense (Eastern_Shore_Fan)
    8) Our Redemption Tour (StalkRavenMad)
    9) David’s Boss Team (Ortizer)
    10) WickedSolos (wickedsolo)
    11) phillys finest (wife of Ravensblitzkrieg)
    12) Daniel’s Nifty Team (Ravensblitzkrieg)
    Last edited by VermontRaven; 08-28-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Re: RSR Fantasy Football SetUp/Discussion

I wouldn't mind getting a bestball league going

Yes will do this year also.
    My team name is Purple Pain, I was in RSR Legue Deux last year.

1.Auction or standard does not matter
    2. Either league is fine
    3. would participate in both leagues
    4. Yahoo is fine

Blog Entries

I wasn't in it last year, as I had a newborn and couldn't devote the time, have played in the past and don't remember the team name, I'll play this year if there is room but I wouldn't want to take any returnee's place so only if you have extra spots.

I don't have any preference on the questions. I find Auction draft to be more engaging/strategic personally but not everyone likes it. I'd play in more than one if the secondary is different as you mentioned.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

In 4 both

I'm going to start organizing us here...going to edit the original post with who's in for each of the following: Check to make sure I put you in right category. Feel free to PM if you would prefer.

Categories:
    League 1
    League Deux
    Alternative League with Individual Defensive players, etc. (exact rules to be determined)
    Interested---no preference on which league

As of now, this is what I have....from this point..I will be updating this on original post:

LEAGUE 1
    1) VermontRaven
    2) Baldy

LEAGUE DEUX
    1) muleycrazy (PurplePain)

ALTERNATIVE LEAGUE W/INDIVIDUAL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS
    1) VermontRaven
    2) muleycrazy (PurplePain)
    3) Bhcforlife

EITHER LEAGUE IS FINE
    1)Bhcforlife

How do you join these leagues?

I'm pslholder96. Think I was in league 1. I would like to continue playing in that league. Open to participating in other leagues if they don't fill up
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    How do you join these leagues?
    That's what I am organizing. We are going to get who's interested, then send out the proper invites.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm pslholder96. Think I was in league 1. I would like to continue playing in that league. Open to participating in other leagues if they don't fill up
    Added you to the list (on original post) If Laxdad doesn't show back up, I may need to create a new league and send a fresh invite to take over as commish

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    That's what I am organizing. We are going to get who's interested, then send out the proper invites.
    Oh okay. Iím would like to join league 1.

I have only done standard so I have no clue how good auction is. I understand it but never participated. If I had to choose Iíd go standard because I understand it.

Blog Entries

I'm in as always.

I'll be in all 3 if we need people. I definitely want to continue in League 1 and I'm a big fan of IDP. I've been in one for 19 years now.

Let me answer some of the questions asked

I love the way we've been doing the auction in League 1. It's a great change from snake drafts and I'd like to keep it. Keep League Deaux as the snake draft so there is a choice.

I also am a fan of the Yahoo platform. I had a league on Sleeper last year and the interface was not nearly as good. It was better at chatting and communication but I found I would research on Yahoo for transactions on Sleeper.

Last thing is 12 teams is the sweet spot. With 10 teams the depth is massive for teams. I find it leads to less trading or transactions because so many teams are loaded. Stick with 12 team leagues.
    Last edited by GOTA; 08-11-2022 at 03:07 PM.