Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast

Re: Thursday game against Titans

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Good for him but considering PFF graded his 2013 season as the worst among 35 qualifying centers, (after which he was benched for Zuttah and then traded for pennies, and cut by the Broncos a few months later) I think it’s pretty fair to say he was trash for the Ravens
    Please let me know how your football career went.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    One of Ozzie's favorite statements is "players get better." Because other positions involve rotation, we generally have more of an idea of what the talent level is of our bottom-of-roster players at other positions. The last WR on the roster might get in the game, might get a target, might make a play. That play is in the gameplan, and it has been practiced, and the WR knows what's going to happen. But the last OL on the roster isn't seeing the field without an injury. And at that point, he is thrown in taking live fire having not taken a snap with the starters maybe all season. O-llinemen develop behind the scenes, during practice, OTAs, and the weight room.

The other big difference is just the nature of the position. If the 9th WR on the depth chart runs nine shitty plays where he barely gets off the line, but makes a catch on the 10th play, you'll notice the positive play. But if the 9th o-lineman on the depth chart stonewalls a defender nine times, but gets bulled for a sack on the 10th play, you'll notice the negative play.
    great post, I need to remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Good for him but considering PFF graded his 2013 season as the worst among 35 qualifying centers, (after which he was benched for Zuttah and then traded for pennies, and cut by the Broncos a few months later) I think it’s pretty fair to say he was trash for the Ravens
    He was definitely trash. I don’t know why the Ravens couldn’t find a better center than him. Even on some practice squad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He was definitely trash. I don’t know why the Ravens couldn’t find a better center than him. Even on some practice squad.
    It wasn't just that he was bad.

We went from Matt Birk one of the best centers of the 21st century and someone who probably makes the all time Ravens team to Gina Gradkowski.

It was a HUGE drop off. It was one of the many blunders from the FO post SB era where we were mostly very average until Lamar was drafted. (Save 2014).

5. Re: Thursday game against Titans

Oh, and the point I wanted to make, again, Faalele at DT/NT He's 385. he marches the C backward immediately, deforming the pocket. Or the G. Or they double team him. Either way. Some situation.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Oh, and the point I wanted to make, again, Faalele at DT/NT He's 385. he marches the C backward immediately, deforming the pocket. Or the G. Or they double team him. Either way. Some situation.
    Wait. What?

our IDL is super deep.
    Mack, Washington, Madiuibke and Urban can all play.

Also I need to double back and watch Josh Ross play PFF had him as our highest rated player.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    our IDL is super deep.
    Mack, Washington, Madiuibke and Urban can all play.

Also I need to double back and watch Josh Ross play PFF had him as our highest rated player.
    Damn! I noticed him on a couple plays, he looks big out there. Got the deflection to set up the one INT. Definitely someone that may make the team. Maybe we finally got a good ufa at LB again, it's been a while...

Watchout for Jeremiah Moon to earn more opportunities, he flashes on tape a few times. Seems like he can get in the backfield.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Watchout for Jeremiah Moon to earn more opportunities, he flashes on tape a few times. Seems like he can get in the backfield.
    Wasn't a big fan of drafting him early but he's got a lot of value as an UDFA. Definitely fits the athletic profile.

Here's his noteworthy story NFL.com:

Moon was born pigeon-toed and bowlegged. He wore braces on his legs to straighten them out, which caused a back fracture that eventually healed. The Hoover, Alabama, native eventually became a first-team all-state pick before signing with Florida ahead of the 2016 season. Moon played in the first two games that fall (three tackles) before suffering a season-ending injury. Moon started five of 10 games played at linebacker the next season (23 tackles, one for loss) and four of 13 contests in 2018 (31 stops, 1.5 sacks). Moon moved to defensive end as a junior in 2019, starting eight of nine games played (31 tackles, 6.5 for loss with three sacks) but missed the end of the season with a foot injury. He started the first four games of 2020 (14 tackles, 1.5 for loss) but another foot injury ended his year prematurely. Moon returned to start nine of 10 appearances in 2021 (49 tackles, 3.5 for loss with two tackles) but again missed the end of the year with an injury. Moon's uncle, Darius Gilbert, played linebacker at Alabama. -- by Chad Reuter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Damn! I noticed him on a couple plays, he looks big out there. Got the deflection to set up the one INT. Definitely someone that may make the team. Maybe we finally got a good ufa at LB again, it's been a while...
    Noticed Josh Ross also, had the phone open to the Ravens roster page to check numbers and checked his twice.
    If you do that, click on numbers will sort the list by numbers from alphabet which helps.

Have to do something this time of year, 2 #11 (Stout Webb), 2 #19 (Fuller Polk), 2 #29 (Gaither Washington), #46 Moore and Ross, #47 McCrary Biegel

Which was where I noticed Ross, a Punt and I thought dang, how did Nick Moore get down there that fast to be in on the tackle. Double checking told me it probably wasn't the snapper down there that quick.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

12. Re: Thursday game against Titans

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but here's the full broadcast replay of the game (split into halves):

H1

H2 is here: https://youtu.be/Ntrd2U3DvlE

A here's a spreadsheet with each play and a link to that play in the replay (in the [video] column) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing . To use the filters, make a local copy for yourself (File --> Make a copy).

You can use these together to watch all 3rd downs, or all special teams plays, or all plays involving a specific player (e.g. pass attempt, rush attempt, target). If people want to watch all of a specific player's snap, just ask (no easy/usable way to add that data to the spreadsheet).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)