Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Top 5 Ravens players right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    You're the only living man whom id dare believe this statement from, so you had better not destroy my absolute faith in Bat powered analytics.

GOTA says Ronnie's play'n its a done deal now pitter patter
    I have no insight other than the fact that Ronnie Stanley was the best LT in the NFL the season before he was hurt. If you check out Pro Football Reference he had 17 AV for that season. He was 1st Team All Pro. The ceiling is there. Stanley when healthy has the ability to be at top of the league at Left Tackle.

It's been about 20 months and 2 surgeries for Stanley since his injury. Unlike last year he says he's feels great. Harbaugh quote was "I expect him to play like Ronnie Stanley". It may take a little while to get him back into football shape but once he does Stanley has the potential to be the best in the NFL. If that's the case he should be on a top 5 list because even something a little lower would get you there like it does for Andrews, Lamar and Humphrey

I'm imposing my own rules of not including guys who aren't playing right now and not basing it on projection - they have to have proven themselves to be top 5 already.

Given that, I think its an easy selection of:

Lamar, Tucker, Andrews, Humphrey, and Williams.

Calais is great, but has clearly lost a little off his fastball. Zeitler is probably closer than we give him credit for.

I think the conversation gets much more interesting with a return to health for Stanley and Peters (I don't think Dobbins cracks the top 5 even if fully healthy) plus the expected year 2 growth of Bateman and Oweh, or a possible rookie breakout from Linderbaum (Or hamilton, ojabo, jones...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I have no insight other than the fact that Ronnie Stanley was the best LT in the NFL the season before he was hurt. If you check out Pro Football Reference he had 17 AV for that season. He was 1st Team All Pro. The ceiling is there. Stanley when healthy has the ability to be at top of the league at Left Tackle.

It's been about 20 months and 2 surgeries for Stanley since his injury. Unlike last year he says he's feels great. Harbaugh quote was "I expect him to play like Ronnie Stanley". It may take a little while to get him back into football shape but once he does Stanley has the potential to be the best in the NFL. If that's the case he should be on a top 5 list because even something a little lower would get you there like it does for Andrews, Lamar and Humphrey
    if Stanley is back and anywhere near 85%+ this will be a top 5 offense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    if Stanley is back and anywhere near 85%+ this will be a top 5 offense

I agree completely. With a strong & capable Stanley (and a healthy JK!), this could be as explosive an offense as 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
    I'm imposing my own rules of not including guys who aren't playing right now and not basing it on projection - they have to have proven themselves to be top 5 already.

I think the conversation gets much more interesting with a return to health for Stanley and Peters (I don't think Dobbins cracks the top 5 even if fully healthy) plus the expected year 2 growth of Bateman and Oweh, or a possible rookie breakout from Linderbaum (Or hamilton, ojabo, jones…)
    I also think that's more interesting, so here's a list based on projection:

Bateman
    Odafe Oweh
    JK Dobbins
    Proche
    Linderbaum

Blog Entries

As it stands IMO

1. Lamar Jackson
    2. Mark Andrews
    3. Ronnie Stanley
    4. Marlon Humphrey
    5. Marcus Williams

Tucker
    Jackson
    Andrews
    Humphrey
    Williams (Marcus)

All these players are top 5-10 at their positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    As it stands IMO

1. Lamar Jackson
    2. Mark Andrews
    3. Ronnie Stanley
    4. Marlon Humphrey
    5. Marcus Williams
    I went by a rating system based on where they rank at their position, which why I'm the only one to include Zeitler on my list.

But if you went by the order other teams would draft a disbanded Ravens team, your list is probably right. Other than maybe Stanley until we see how he plays.
    "That's what."
    — She

Don’t know how anyone has a list without Tucker. He’s our best player all things considered.

1. Tucker
    2. Lamar
    3. Andrews
    4. Humphrey
    5. This could be a handful of people but I’ll go with…. Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I went by a rating system based on where they rank at their position, which why I'm the only one to include Zeitler on my list.

But if you went by the order other teams would draft a disbanded Ravens team, your list is probably right. Other than maybe Stanley until we see how he plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Don’t know how anyone has a list without Tucker. He’s our best player all things considered.
    Again, it's how you define your rating system.

Tucker is our best player based on where he ranks at his position.

But if instead you take the perspective of every other team in the league had a chance to steal a Ravens player, there no way Tucker is the first player taken ahead of Andrews and Jackson, minimally. I don't care how good he is, taking Tucker first is akin to drafting a kicker in the first round of the college draft. I'm not sure he would even be in the top five players stolen off their roster, even though he's the best at his position by a mile.
    "That's what."
    — She