Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Linderbaum

Re: Linderbaum

Is it too late to get a refund and draft Jermaine Johnson?

*ducks*

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Linderbaum

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I wouldn't trade Mekari (to leachisabeast). He's so versatile and too valuable to our team. Hard to find guys that can play every single position on the line and play them well.
    TIGER, I agree 100%! He's a special O-line player who backs up every position. I don't know if that's good for his career, but it sure is for the Ravens.
    In an earlier post someone opined about trading Colon, and I was against it. Teams need depth and getting a mid-or late-round draft choice isn't going to help your team... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

*ducks*
    No need to duck, the word on the street is Jermaine is looking like the monster everyone thought he would be. Dude is 6’5 coming off that end like a demon.

I have him pegged for DROY personally.

I hated the linderbaum pick initially. But I understood it. We need to build this line. It was I. Shambles last year.

I will say I’m personally excited about Falele. He is probably realistically a year away from ever touching the field, but dude is a mountain. Him and Stanley on each end.

Hopefully they can help him get his technique down for the nfl speed rush off the edge. That’s where he is going to have serious problems.

If he can get that right we will have a middle class JO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm not saying I'm concerned but when your best comparison is a HoF-er from a family of HoF-ers (probably) that's a little worrying in itself. How high is the bar Linderbaum needs to clear to succeed?
    Casar Ruiz. Ruiz was the Center the Saints took at #24 in round 1 2020. He's been a work in process but he's a good starter who keeps improving. That's the bar for Linderbaum in my opinion. Forget the Kielce or Saturday talk which is way way too high

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

*ducks*
    The Ravens are being overly cautious. We are starting over at injury prevention philosophy and learning everything from the ground up. Harbs has said as much repeatedly. If this was the regular season, I would bet Linderbaum would go. Same with guys like JK. I'm not worried about this.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Casar Ruiz. Ruiz was the Center the Saints took at #24 in round 1 2020. He's been a work in process but he's a good starter who keeps improving. That's the bar for Linderbaum in my opinion. Forget the Kielce or Saturday talk which is way way too high
    I thought linderbaum was a generational talent?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Generational talents don't fall out of the top 10

That’s a weird statement. Clearly generational talents have been drafted well out of the top 10.

So are you saying no generational talent has been projected top 10 then fell lower?

Ehhhhh... Center might be an exception to that.

Did a query - here are the highest drafted Centers since the inception of the Ravens:

17 Damien Woody (1999)
    18 Maurkice Pouncey (2010)
    18 Ryan Kelly (2016)
    18 Garrett Bradbury (2019)
    20 Frank Ragnow (2018)

Going further back... the last time a Center was drafted with a top ten pick was 1968 (Bob Johnson, #2 overall by Cincinnati)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    No need to duck, the word on the street is Jermaine is looking like the monster everyone thought he would be. Dude is 6’5 coming off that end like a demon.

I have him pegged for DROY personally.

I hated the linderbaum pick initially. But I understood it. We need to build this line. It was I. Shambles last year.

I will say I’m personally excited about Falele. He is probably realistically a year away from ever touching the field, but dude is a mountain. Him and Stanley on each end.

Hopefully they can help him get his technique down for the nfl speed rush off the edge. That’s where he is going to have serious problems.

If he can get that right we will have a middle class JO.
    I like Linderbaum but the pick definitely should have been Johnson. I just don’t understand what EDC is thinking sometimes during the draft. Oweh and Johnson as bookends with Pickens in the second Smh. Mekhari would have been fine at center.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    He would have been if he was 6’4 320. He’s a wittle guy.

I am assuming you mean "guys who were generally regarded as a generational talent prior to the draft". Because otherwise, there are too many examples to mention.

So I offer: Laremy Tunsil. Although there were extenuating circumstances.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan