Lamar is his own man

I don't know if any of this matters, but I hate the optics of this great board having a thread, with a very visible title that insults the maturity of our most visible player. It's fair to debate Lamar's decisions about agents, contracts, social media, and whatever... but not to publicly imply (even unintentionally) that our starting QB is not yet fully a man.

So mods, its your board but if there are any threads you would want to merge into this one, go ahead. My title is a lot better than some.

Re: Lamar is his own man

I tend to agree. I respect Lamar.

Lamar doesn't conduct business in the media.

Blog Entries

Are you saying some posters need to grow up?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I think a number of posters want players to do all the negotiating in the media - either with their own or their agents 'breathless press conferences'.

Blog Entries

I stay away from those threads, it's the same guys going back and forth mostly. just ignore them if they bug you

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I stay away from those threads, it's the same guys going back and forth mostly. just ignore them if they bug you
    Yep ignore doesn’t work well when they are quoted 8 times in a row

Seriously you are right just have to learn to avoid
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Period

I just think the mods should ban trolls. It’s 2 guys with like 10 different accounts.

The thread you are talking about was started by a guy that literally only had 20 posts and all 20 were bashing Lamar.

I mean come on it’s an obvious troll.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I don't know if any of this matters, but I hate the optics of this great board having a thread, with a very visible title that insults the maturity of our most visible player. It's fair to debate Lamar's decisions about agents, contracts, social media, and whatever... but not to publicly imply (even unintentionally) that our starting QB is not yet fully a man.

So mods, its your board but if there are any threads you would want to merge into this one, go ahead. My title is a lot better than some.
    I completely agree. Seeing that thread title, put there by a Lamar-hater, hovering near the top of the board for months has been annoying me too.

Like everyone else apparently, I've been avoiding that thread but, since this is here now...

Did anyone notice, in Lamar's presser, when he was asked about the Pollard spat, he said twice, with a little half smile that he "was on vacation" or words to that effect? It seemed to me that he was letting us know he'd had a drink (or smoke) when he responded to Pollard - which would explain why he got messier than he's previously allowed himself to. It also makes the idea that he's needs to grow up even sillier. Who doesn't get a bit more outspoken after a drink?