Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Hollywood up to no good......arrested in Arizona

Arrested for speeding lol what a joke. Watch him get a 12 game suspension

Meh

Blog Entries

Marquise was apparently caught driving 86 mph where the speed limit was 65 mph. That is worthy of a ticket, but absent any drug or alcohol impairment, which there was none, doesn’t seem worthy of being arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I am sure everyone in this forum has never sped before in their lives…
    Yeah I still do 85 regularly on 95.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Arrested for speeding lol what a joke. Watch him get a 12 game suspension
    I had to LOL at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Marquise was apparently caught driving 86 mph where the speed limit was 65 mph. That is worthy of a ticket, but absent any drug or alcohol impairment, which there was none, doesn’t seem worthy of being arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have a link? Can't find his posted speed anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Not true. My wife once got a ticket like this in VA driving past some small town. She was very polite and respectful. Was only going 5 miles over the speed limit.

Some towns use it as a way to create income and fund the police department, especially if you have out of state tags. A couple days after we got home we started getting letters from lawyers. Ended up costing over $600. The lawyer gets money, the town gets money, and they all know each other. It's basically an out of towner highway tax.

Virginia is notorious for setting speed traps and then enforcing them to the letter of the law, especially if you're from out of state. My father in law was arrested years ago for going 20 mph over the speed limit. I got a ticket once (also in VA) for speeding. There was a speed trap where the speed limit went from 35 mph to 50 mph, then back down to 35 mph within the span of a mile and a half. Problem was, the zone that went from 50 to 35 was separated by a traffic light that I was stopped at. When the light changed, I started accelerating to what I thought was the right speed only to be pulled over for going 47 in a 35. The fine was ridiculous, like over $200.00. Because I couldn't take off work to fight it in court, I had to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Virginia is notorious for setting speed traps and then enforcing them to the letter of the law, especially if you're from out of state. My father in law was arrested years ago for going 20 mph over the speed limit. I got a ticket once (also in VA) for speeding. There was a speed trap where the speed limit went from 35 mph to 50 mph, then back down to 35 mph within the span of a mile and a half. Problem was, the zone that went from 50 to 35 was separated by a traffic light that I was stopped at. When the light changed, I started accelerating to what I thought was the right speed only to be pulled over for going 47 in a 35. The fine was ridiculous, like over $200.00. Because I couldn't take off work to fight it in court, I had to eat it.
    Similar situation with the speed limit change. Since it was a criminal misdemeanor, she had to hire a lawyer and accepted a plea. Charges were knocked down, paid a fine, lawyer fees, and had to attend a wreckless driving class of some sort. The attorney played golf every week with the judge. It's a racket.

You hate to see it

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Some towns use it as a way to create income ...
    Have you ever driven out to Deep Creek Lake or Wisp Ski Resort? Watch out for Accident, MD because they are waiting for you to go over the speed limit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    A ticket... Absolutely, but Arrested, absurd. Unless, as you say, there were other circumstances to do so. I hope not... Bc

There's speeding and then there's criminal speeding. The state has determined that anything above 85 is criminal and thus you can be arrested. It's stupid, but it's the law there.