Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OK how do you like your steak?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I simply refuse to cook Wagyu beyond med-rare. Since my wife likes her steaks medium, she's more than welcome to go buy a strip if she wants me to ruin some meat for her.
    In my defense, albeit a small one, we had just started dating, so I tried to be that guy. She has since told me to buy her a cheap steak, and save the good ones for me. I still can't buy a shitty steak, but no more Wagyu or dry aged for her! Easier on the wallet too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    This. It is very difficult in my house. I like very rare steak, medium rare pork, and chicken on the lower temp range (sous vide is great for that), but my wife likes everything cooked beyond recogition. It really pains me to f*** up a piece of meat like that. One of my saddest days was cooking a Waygu steak to death for her.
    Holy crap on the waygu

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I like porkchops sous vide. 140 in a vac-seal for about two hours with apple juice, sear and eat. A red wine reduction sauce.
    Hmm never tried pork like that

This. It is very difficult in my house. I like very rare steak, medium rare pork, and chicken on the lower temp range (sous vide is great for that), but my wife likes everything cooked beyond recogition. It really pains me to f*** up a piece of meat like that. One of my saddest days was cooking a Waygu steak to death for her.
    Lol I've known women like that as well. The only thing I like real crispy is probably bacon. Medium rare for steak.. some times rare. I've tried blue but that's crazy talk 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lol I've known women like that as well. The only thing I like real crispy is probably bacon. Medium rare for steak.. some times rare. I've tried blue but that's crazy talk
    Crispy bacon is over-cooked.
    As thick as you can cut it, and rubbery…. Yummm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my defense, albeit a small one, we had just started dating, so I tried to be that guy. She has since told me to buy her a cheap steak, and save the good ones for me. I still can't buy a shitty steak, but no more Wagyu or dry aged for her! Easier on the wallet too.
    Mine used to be med-well, but finally talked her down to at least palatable.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

My man. There's a sushi place in Annapolis that serves Wagyu as sushi, and it is sublime.
    Sushi
    I've tried sashimi of red tuna, salmon, bull fish, bass, scallop, eel, sea urchin and lemon fish, maybe a couple others. Red tuna belly is the best, IMO.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

Sorry to all the steak snobs but medium well is for me. My wife likes completely well done and is always horrified when I cut into mine and there is still some pink. To each their own

With a good steak, medium rare, simply with some salt and pepper...no grand seasonings needed with good steak.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    With a good steak, medium rare, simply with some salt and pepper...no grand seasonings needed with good steak.
    same for me and I like filet - not those fatty cuts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sorry to all the steak snobs but medium well is for me. My wife likes completely well done and is always horrified when I cut into mine and there is still some pink. To each their own
    I had a buddy who worked at Outback Steakhouse and he said there's actually no difference between medium well and well done. He said they're cooked exactly the same, the only reason medium well exists is because most people are too embarrassed to order steak well done. Not sure if it's true or not, just what he told me lol.

Medium Rare