Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: OK how do you like your steak?

Stop making me so goddam hungry people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    Medium rare, Montreal seasoning. Btw, we have 3 of those frying pans, lol.
    Same. Think we have two 12s and a 10.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    What's your favorite cut? Bone-in rib eye is my go-to. Wheres your garlic? Gotta have garlic
    Montreal seasoning has garlic in it. Mccormick sells it as a pre-made blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Butter can add flavor to a well done steak. It's possible. So if you screw up your steak just slap that butter on there and keep that gout on course
    Especially compound butter

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Too funny. Great minds think alike is all I can say although i'm not a chef like you but an eager apprentice. I think cooking under this thing will be nice. Mine comes tomorrow. I have a big open space that it will be perfect for. I always wanted some height there on my patio too. It's a no mans land where no one hangs out so mine is going to be perfect there. I have a nice bed it will back up to and it will also give some privacy from my neighbors until my Muskogee crape myrtle behind it pops up in the next two years.

I'm very excited to add a griddle or a charcoal set up. I always wanted to have a griddle to cook on as you see some really cool stuff on youtube involving them and I am guessing the sear on anything cooked on it, particularly burgers, is going to be great.

I'll send some pictures when it's set up. Any lessons learned building it I will share as well.
    We have a camp chef stove with a griddle attachment and it gets the best sear I've ever seen. Steaks need to start or finish in the grill though. Even low heat is insane on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    We have a camp chef stove with a griddle attachment and it gets the best sear I've ever seen. Steaks need to start or finish in the grill though. Even low heat is insane on that thing.

Had a massive tomahawk ribeye this 4th of July my buddy smoked and then reverse seared on the Blackstone…. Freaking unreal… he is a high end chef level talent so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ok this leads me to ask posters whst restaurant served the best steak you ever had?
    Harey Carrey’s in Chicago hands down is mine.
    Not gonna lie, the bone in ribeye I got at the steakhouse on the cruise we were on was quite solid. Probably doesn't outdo what my wife comes up with when she's into it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Perfectly pink from outside to inside. Not easy to achieve I gotta say but I do pretty good. Ribeye with some decent marbling is the best but I still like a good ol t-bone. I like to do mine on a cowboy grill slowly away from the coals and give it a good sear at the end. Just season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lately I've been just using Kinders/The Blend which is a good mixture blend found at your local Walmart. Sometimes I will add butter or use dry worcestire powder.

Love rolling rolling a top round on that grill. Pit beef!!
    That's the seasoning blend I normally use, but the big ass container from Costco

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Had a massive tomahawk ribeye this 4th of July my buddy smoked and then reverse seared on the Blackstone…. Freaking unreal… he is a high end chef level talent so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When my wife gets into it, the quality of steak is unreal. Unfortunately, after a pandemic with kids, she's a bit burnt out, so it doesn't happen as often.