Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6162636465 ... LastLast

Re: The Official 2022 Training Camp Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    The rumor is he's asking for 250 million guaranteed

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    If that’s the case we need to trade him. I love Lamar and want him to get paid but that would wreck this franchise. We aren’t the Browns.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: The Official 2022 Training Camp Thread.

Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN
    The rumor is my sister-in-law is going on a diet.

When I, and the butchers, farmers, and All-You-Can Consume buffets see that happen, then I'll believe it... Bc

If that's what it takes, I say do it. Cap is only going up, and I'd rather solidify the position than go back to the drawing board

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Over how many years?
    Over 5 it'd be a little high but I can see why he's asking for it. Over 6 I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If that’s the case we need to trade him. I love Lamar and want him to get paid but that would wreck this franchise. We aren’t the Browns.
    The Browns are in pretty good shape to be competitive for a few years once Creepy McRapist gets on the field.

We'd probably need to get over our habit of overpaying middling role players to make it work but overall, I think the Ravens would be more successful with Lamar and without those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    The Browns are in pretty good shape to be competitive for a few years once Creepy McRapist gets on the field.

We'd probably need to get over our habit of overpaying middling role players to make it work but overall, I think the Ravens would be more successful with Lamar and without those guys.
    Are they though? When Watson’s true numbers set in next year, they will be sitting at almost $33 million over the cap for next season. The Browns are actually in a better position than us because they have more than that in cap space this season. So they can simply carry cap space over (not sure if there is a limit on this). We don’t have that luxury.

When looking out to 2024 when the Browns won’t have the opportunity to carry over cap space…. They are sitting at $2 million over the cap, with 40 players signed and a couple very good players hitting free agency. They will most certainly feel Watson’s contract that year. From the looks of it, between Watson, Garrett, Ward, Chubb, Bitonio, Njoku, and Cooper, they have almost $190 million of salary cap tied up in 7 guys. I’m sorry but you simply can’t build a team like that.

Yes I am sure they will continue to restructure those guys and push the tab down the line, but they will continue to hemorrhage talent in the process.

Marcus Peters just took the field in uniform so looks like he’s coming off PUP list.

In addition to Peters, it also appears DB Ar’Darius Washington is off PUP and practicing. Dobbins is back on field too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I used to feel this way at one point, but not anymore. 2 things:
    A) With the ever rising cap and the genie fully out of the bottle and dancing as far as QB contracts, is 250 million ridiculous for an MVP level QB? How much is Burrow going to get? Herbert? Mahomes on his next restructure? Wilson on his extension? If you've got a top 5 to top 8 level guy, it's the cost of doing business.
    B) In that same vein, when was the last time an "ok" or "don't screw it up for the defense" type of QB actually lead his team to a Super Bowl win? Even if we don't pay Lamar and devote all those resources to fielding the most competitive team to put around the QB, will it be enough to WIN the Lombardi? I used to think so, but I don't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    In addition to Peters, it also appears DB Ar’Darius Washington is off PUP and practicing. Dobbins is back on field too.
    I am being purposely quiet on Juice Man...but if he's back and close to 100% this season, the defense is going to be sick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    A) With the ever rising cap and the genie fully out of the bottle and dancing as far as QB contracts, is 250 million ridiculous for an MVP level QB? How much is Burrow going to get? Herbert? Mahomes on his next restructure? Wilson on his extension? If you've got a top 5 to top 8 level guy, it's the cost of doing business.
    250M overall is fine, I'd go higher even, but I'm not giving him 250M guaranteed. Josh Allen got 150M. Kyler Murray 160M. Rodgers 150M. These are the comparable numbers, not the absurd Watson contract from a desperate team that was 80M more guaranteed than the previous highest QB. Hell, I'd go to 200M guaranteed because Jackson is worth it, but I ain't going to 250. I do think that would be ridiculous.

If he really wants that and won't budge I'm letting him go out and find the team that is going to send us premium compensation + pay him 100M more guaranteed than his contemporaries. I'm not sure that team exists, not with how the Watson deal and all that guaranteed money went down around the league.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52