Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official 2022 Training Camp Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    What is the point of holding out when rookie salaries are slotted? Either way with his injury he is the last one I'm worried about holding out.
    Yeah I can see him thinking he should have been drafted higher but the rookie system is a slot system as you say. Not a lot of wiggle room there.

His agent is giving him bad advice IMO. Show up and rehab while you negotiate

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah I can see him thinking he should have been drafted higher but the rookie system is a slot system as you say. Not a lot of wiggle room there.

His agent is giving him bad advice IMO. Show up and rehab while you negotiate
    I bet dollars to donuts it's about injury clauses in his contract. I'm sure the Ravens are pushing real hard on those these days. Also, this is first season of Sashi being in charge so there might be some hiccups like this along the way as he implements his way of doing things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I bet dollars to donuts it's about injury clauses in his contract. I'm sure the Ravens are pushing real hard on those these days. Also, this is first season of Sashi being in charge so there might be some hiccups like this along the way as he implements his way of doing things.
    or guaranteed money. The amount he is paid is not really negotiable but how much is guaranteed - that's negotiable. A few teams are guaranteeing some 2nd rounders

https://money.yahoo.com/three-second...231841106.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jamison Hensley
    @jamisonhensley
    ·
    1h
    Ravens OLB David Ojabo is officially a hold-out. The second-round pick has yet to sign a contract and did not report Tuesday. Ojabo is the only Ravens player not to report.

Great....

5. Re: The Official 2022 Training Camp Thread.

Thanks for the replies. I am running Tapatalk version 8.8.31, which just updated 7/6. Here is what I get, and nothing happens if I tap the links.

As I said, this happens fairly often, and yet I can see all the steak pix in the other thread, EXCEPT for Captain Silver's.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Jamison Hensley
    @jamisonhensley
    ·
    1h
    Ravens OLB David Ojabo is officially a hold-out. The second-round pick has yet to sign a contract and did not report Tuesday. Ojabo is the only Ravens player not to report.

Great....
    Ojabo is still rehabbing his Achilles, and will be doing so for most of this season. Are the Ravens asking him to take less than the slotted amount for that pick, or is Ojabo asking for more money than the slotted amount for his draft position because he only fell in the draft due to his injury?
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Also there is the possibility of sitting out the year (he is injured through the first half of it anyway) and re-entering the draft next year at first round payouts, so there is some leverage, but that’s a lot of money to miss out on this year.
    John Metchie’s contract looks to have guaranteed (drafted #44 just before Ojabo) and he now has cancer treatments scheduled. $5.6M of $8M guaranteed, nice safety net if the chemo is worse than expected.
    https://overthecap.com/player/john-metchie-iii/10089

I’d guess there is something there.
    If Ojabo reenters the draft and goes at #15 that value was $17.5M this year or about double to sit out a year and gamble his speed is not worse.

I’m also guessing some guarantees sticking point with no early rush to sign on his part.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    This is pretty bold of Ojabo!
    Bold is not the word I'd use, but there are ladies present... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Also there is the possibility of sitting out the year (he is injured through the first half of it anyway) and re-entering the draft next year at first round payouts, so there is some leverage, but that’s a lot of money to miss out on this year.
    John Metchie’s contract looks to have guaranteed (drafted #44 just before Ojabo) and he now has cancer treatments scheduled. $5.6M of $8M guaranteed, nice safety net if the chemo is worse than expected.
    https://overthecap.com/player/john-metchie-iii/10089

I’d guess there is something there.
    If Ojabo reenters the draft and goes at #15 that value was $17.5M this year or about double to sit out a year and gamble his speed is not worse.

I’m also guessing some guarantees sticking point with no early rush to sign on his part.
    I think it'd be a bad gamble. I don't see his stock going up to top 15 when it wasn't even a guarantee he'd go there this year before the injury. Now you add on a year without football, coming off injury, a year older, and still a raw prospect?

The real money to be made is the 2nd NFL contract after rookie deal expires. Right now he'd be negotiating that by 2025. If he becomes a 2023 1st round pick he would be under control on a rookie deal through 2027.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    What is the point of holding out when rookie salaries are slotted? Either way with his injury he is the last one I'm worried about holding out.
    Because a lot of 2nd rounders are getting fully guaranteed contracts. He wants what others have gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Just saw that Chris Godwin who tore his ACL/MCL on December 19th with surgery January 3rd is clear to start camp and not go on PUP. To be clear I am not knocking anyone for their injury recovery, everyone is different and there are different severity injuries too, and I think Dobbins was pretty bad from what I read? that said, it's definitely still frustrating to hear that Edwards and him may not be ready for W1. Though having them the rest of the season is substantially more important, for sure.

Has anyone heard anything on Peters?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    or guaranteed money. The amount he is paid is not really negotiable but how much is guaranteed - that's negotiable. A few teams are guaranteeing some 2nd rounders

https://money.yahoo.com/three-second...231841106.html
    I think you’ve nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro