Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Odafe Oweh over/under 12 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Under
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    If you'd said 8, I would have taken the over.

At 10 – I'd be on the fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I’m guessing 8-10
    Same.
    Same.
    Same.

12 is an insanely high number for a 23-yr-old player. He could have 11 sacks, which is a monster season, and still lose. He could double his sacks from last year, and still lose.

Now, if you offered me 12 for Oweh's career-high in sacks, I'd take the over. I bet he gets 12.5+ at some point. But probably not this year.

Blog Entries

I've gotta go "under." 12 is a lot to expect from a young player, and I suspect some sort of OLB rotation will be installed. I'll guess between 8 - 10... Bc

Blog Entries

I think he is going to get a bunch early, until opposing OC start reading MMac's tendencies
    So maybe 4-5 in the first 3 games, then levels off as he gets his own personal chipper.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Under. Until proven otherwise we still are looking for a dominant pass rusher
    They should put you in the gm chair

9 sacks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    1 a game is 17. IJS

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Doh! Im that guy still writing 2020 on emails. Lol Thanks for bringing me back to 2022

Seriously, taking the over cause still a short list of players to do it.

Over. I just looked at our schedule and we're facing quite a few bad O lines and QBs this year that might give him some chances and he's the guy McDonald is going to be scheming for.

8. Re: Odafe Oweh over/under 12 sacks.

Under! While I think the team's sack total improves from last year, it'll be by committee. I see him in the 8-10 range

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Surprised by some of these answers. Maybe I’m just too high on Odafe. I could easily see him reaching 13-14 sacks barring injury. He’s that much of a freak. He’s not quite Julius Peppers, but that’s who he can potentially be if we coach him right.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Under. I also think the sacks will be spread out. Plus, Ravens tend to get a lot of pressures and not a ton of sacks...which is fine as long as our secondary can stay healthy. Get pressure on QBs, even it they are not sacks, and the CBs/S/LBs will get the INTs, pass deflections, etc.
    I think that changes now that Wink is gone. We won't be zero blitzing all the damn time. We signed a pro-bowl safety and drafted a safety with our first pick to actually play some coverage.

Our pass rushers are going to get HOME this year.

I just think 12 is an extremely optimistic number.

I do think 2023 Oweh + Ojabo could end up being the best combo we've had since Suggs / Dumervil

I had him pegged at about 12.5 this season. Although not for the reason most think. I think him being an athletic freak and hopefully able to pin his ears back instead of a bunch of stunts and coverages will help him get more sacks. But overall with this secondary I think there will be alot more coverage sacks to be had this year and he will get them.

my gut tells me under. i can see him having a high QB hit/hurry total, but getting to the QB and bringing the QB down are two different things. i hope he proves me wrong. and honestly i think that might be his real value on the team, although it might not show up on the stat sheet. as much as i love dominating a QB and getting in their head, if we don't have the pass rush to do that consistently (which we don't) and the strength of our D is the secondary, it might be alright if Oweh's biggest contribution is hurrying the QB, giving our secondary even more opportunities. sacks are great, but INTs are better.