Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up JO's best moments / fav memories

Since he will be the first Raven in the HOF...tell us your best JO moments and or memories.

FM

2. Re: JO's best moments / fav memories

My favorite moment was the TD catch against the Rams in 2003. It was a great play, and he was so amped afterward.

Re: JO's best moments / fav memories

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFiend View Post
    My favorite moment was the TD catch against the Rams in 2003. It was a great play, and he was so amped afterward.

It is tough for an offensive lineman to have the flashy memorable moments but I will always remember him switching from guard after his rookie year and moving to left tackle and instantly becoming the best in the game. He was just JO, not flashy just spectacular. He was just there. Thanks #75. The ring of honor and the HOF awaits.

I remember not watching him on Sundays.

Why?

Because I knew what he was doing on every play.

Dominating.

PP

I will never forget Trent telling him to 'Relax!" in the AFC championship game at the Raiders. The TV crew caught it great on camera. It was so funny as J.O. towered above him and we were playing average offence as usual.

J.O. was often criticized for not being physical enough and at times for not playing hard or with a mean streak. But he didn't have to. J.O. was so technically superior and so efficient with his motions that an observer might conclude he wasn't giving 100%. The thing is, he almost didn't have to because he was such a gifted athlete and the quintessential left tackle.

For me, the lasting memory I will take away from J.O.'s illustrious career is the look of joy on his face as purple and silver and black confetti tumbled from the sky after the Ravens had beaten the Giants in Super Bowl XXXV. The blood, sweat and guts...the years of futility ('96-'98) suddenly seemed worth it because he stood proudly atop the pinnacle of his sport.

We all stood proudly...

And there may never be another moment like it in Baltimore Sports History.

I remember the tantrums he used to have when the Ref's made a bogus call against him or the onthe sidelines when he was completely pissed off at the offensive performance. The guy had a ton of passion and pride.

Awesome football player...Awesome man...and an Awesome Raven. He will definately be missed.

I hope he comes back to do some radio and TV here as much as possible...I know he will enjoy life in Vegas, but I hope he spends as much time back here in a city where he is and always will be a legend.

Our first Raven HOF'er...Can't wait for 2012 in Canton.

My favorite JO memories:

1) Checking Joey Porter's stats after every Ravens v. Steelers game. HAHA

2) The 2nd game against Cleveland in 2003, which I still watch from time to time. In the 1st meeting that year, Jamal ran for his 295 yds. mostly behind Ogden. In the 2nd game, after the Browns had months to prepare, Jamal put up 205yds. And it was all on the same zone-block right, cut back behind JO play that the Browns just couldn't stop.

I remember a couple years back I was sitting in my friend's seats at M&T which are 8 rows back right behind the Ravens bench. The offense was playing poorly (what's new?) and the I guess it was Boller at QB and he was just getting hammered. When the line came off the field and sat on the back bench I stood up and probably had the worst rant of my life...just going off on J.O. and the rest of the line. J.O. turned around and looked at me and gave me one of the scariest looks and said something which I couldn't hear but to the extent of "come on down, son".

I have to agree that his TD was priceless. However off the field JO was the best any fan could ask for. He never made those stupid comments the big players tend to make and always stayed out of trouble. The Gebco Dancing had to be the number one funniest thing ever recorded. I would think he sometimes wishes he never did those commercials, however they are the worst thing he did in his 12 years as a Raven how can it be bad.
    Link to Commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGWmk2dkXrw

JO Thank You So Much For The BEST 12 Years Ever In Baltimore. The fans never all wore your jersey to every game... You were not on all the banners that fans made to show support...

However, You are the first True Raven and you will be the First REAL Only Raven in the RING OF HONOR and HOF. 11 Pro Bowls in 12 Seasons is HUGE!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

JO and the GEBCO dancers was priceless!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I remember the tantrums he used to have when the Ref's made a bogus call against him or the onthe sidelines when he was completely pissed off at the offensive performance. The guy had a ton of passion and pride.
    Speaking of tantrums.......I remember a few times when J.O. will be walking back to the sidelines after 3 and out and giving Billick a ear full when it comes to play calling. I'm gonna miss J.O. for what he did on the field, I 've watched him play ever since he got drafted in 1996. Thankyou J.O. for a job well done!
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016