Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar needs to grow up. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeEdReed View Post
    Do you think Lamar is doing his own taxes, or did he hire a CPA?
    His mom does them on Turbo Tax. Much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't start many posts with "no one," or "everyone." There are people posting here who seem to genuinely dislike Jackson. There also are people who see every shortcoming of Jackson's as someone else's fault. Somewhere between "can't do anything right" and "can't do anything wrong" is probably a decent evaluation of the player as a QB. At the moment, I feel like I showed up to watch a football game and the only thing on the Jumbotron are re-runs of "Days of our Lives."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    You are correct, we are all speculating. I'm asking you what your speculation is based on. Bryant McKinnie never cared to stay in shape, it would make sense if someone said he didn't like football. Chris McAlister showed up drunk at practices, and even then he didn't show up to all practices, that's grounds for speculation that someone doesn't like football. What has Lamar done, besides not accept a contract offered to him, that has given you reason to believe he doesn't like football.

I'm actually trying to get an understanding of where that speculation came from considering he's actually done all the things I previously. Don't let the anti-Lamar circle jerk that came after your comment prevent you from answering this question. I actually want to know why you believe what you stated
    Like I said, no one knows what is going through his mind. But, its hard to believe he's not signed at this point, nor have any other offers come in since FA started. Why is this? The Ravens are the only team that took a chance on him in round one and they followed up by building an offense around his unique skill set. They were all in on Lamar. The Ravens offer of 133 mil fully guaranteed is a decent offer and is on no way disrespecting Lamar. It appears the Ravens, as does the entire league, view the Deshaun Watson contract as an outlier.

So what is the issue? The thought crossed my mind that maybe football isn't #1 for him right now not based on one action or statement, but over this entire ordeal.

"They're gonna get a Super Bowl out of me, believe that." - Lamar

OK. Is Lamar going to try and make good on that statement? At what point does he come to the table and sign a deal that makes sense for him AND the team?

Lamar has to know the more this drags on the harder it is for the Ravens to make moves in FA.

- One of the hosts on Good Morning Football yesterday questioned why Lamar didn't play in a brace like others with a similar PCL injury have. Others have questioned it as well. Maybe he really was hurt, but it was odd to me that there was silence from both sides.
    - If Lamar could not play in the playoff game, why was he not even there?
    - It's next to impossible to get legit injury information on the most important player on the team and the face of the franchise. We found out when he tweeted it out.
    - Several other QBs have since signed deals that are not fully guaranteed.
    - Roqaun Smith represented himself and got a deal that works for both sides. Is it really that hard to do IF you want to get paid AND want to win?
    - Does Lamar understand if he gets a Deshaun Watson deal it will be very hard to build a team around him?
    - (speculation here) Why is he letting the NFLPA use him to make fully guaranteed contracts the norm?
    - It's not to Lamar's advantage to play on the tag.
    - (speculation again) If Lamar sits out on the tag, is this a guy that "loves" football?
    - 133 Mil fully guaranteed is not enough. At what point is it about football?
    - QBs from Lamar's same draft class in Allen and Mayfield (for a lot less of course) are both signed.
    - Wouldn't a Pat Mahomes deal be the standard and not Deshaun Watson?
    - I don't know of anyone that doesn't think he needs an agent. Yet he continues on by himself with the NFLPA and presumably his mother. It's just a bizarre situation. If feels like the entire team is on standby.

None of his decisions or actions make sense to me. The draft will be here in a month and nothing is resolved. So what is really going on? Hence my thought of "Does he even want to play"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
    I wouldn't start many posts with "no one," or "everyone." There are people posting here who seem to genuinely dislike Jackson. There also are people who see every shortcoming of Jackson's as someone else's fault. Somewhere between "can't do anything right" and "can't do anything wrong" is probably a decent evaluation of the player as a QB. At the moment, I feel like I showed up to watch a football game and the only thing on the Jumbotron are re-runs of "Days of our Lives."
    Honestly man, I hear you on the annoyance of the soap opera feel these days. But, I've been here 6 years and I see very few who genuinely dislike Lamar. I think there are a fair amount of people who were never sold on his passing ability and with the recent events and some weird social media stuff, they've soured on him. I don't view that as dislike of a person. They just prefer the Ravens move on at a point.

As far as the other side on the coin, again there's only a small group that views Lamar as the second coming.

I think the bottom line here is, unfortunately. this will be a long, frustrating, dragged out process. We all need to take a break from time to time and maybe mow the lawn or wash the car or something for sanity's sake. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Like I said, no one knows what is going through his mind. But, its hard to believe he's not signed at this point, nor have any other offers come in since FA started. Why is this? The Ravens are the only team that took a chance on him in round one and they followed up by building an offense around his unique skill set. They were all in on Lamar. The Ravens offer of 133 mil fully guaranteed is a decent offer and is on no way disrespecting Lamar. It appears the Ravens, as does the entire league, view the Deshaun Watson contract as an outlier.

So what is the issue? The thought crossed my mind that maybe football isn't #1 for him right now not based on one action or statement, but over this entire ordeal.

"They're gonna get a Super Bowl out of me, believe that." - Lamar

OK. Is Lamar going to try and make good on that statement? At what point does he come to the table and sign a deal that makes sense for him AND the team?

Lamar has to know the more this drags on the harder it is for the Ravens to make moves in FA.

- One of the hosts on Good Morning Football yesterday questioned why Lamar didn't play in a brace like others with a similar PCL injury have. Others have questioned it as well. Maybe he really was hurt, but it was odd to me that there was silence from both sides.
    - If Lamar could not play in the playoff game, why was he not even there?
    - It's next to impossible to get legit injury information on the most important player on the team and the face of the franchise. We found out when he tweeted it out.
    - Several other QBs have since signed deals that are not fully guaranteed.
    - Roqaun Smith represented himself and got a deal that works for both sides. Is it really that hard to do IF you want to get paid AND want to win?
    - Does Lamar understand if he gets a Deshaun Watson deal it will be very hard to build a team around him?
    - (speculation here) Why is he letting the NFLPA use him to make fully guaranteed contracts the norm?
    - It's not to Lamar's advantage to play on the tag.
    - (speculation again) If Lamar sits out on the tag, is this a guy that "loves" football?
    - 133 Mil fully guaranteed is not enough. At what point is it about football?
    - QBs from Lamar's same draft class in Allen and Mayfield (for a lot less of course) are both signed.
    - Wouldn't a Pat Mahomes deal be the standard and not Deshaun Watson?
    - I don't know of anyone that doesn't think he needs an agent. Yet he continues on by himself with the NFLPA and presumably his mother. It's just a bizarre situation. If feels like the entire team is on standby.

None of his decisions or actions make sense to me. The draft will be here in a month and nothing is resolved. So what is really going on? Hence my thought of "Does he even want to play"?
    Few issues here.

1. He's not signed because he doesn't agree with the offer Baltimore gave him. This is easy. Other offers haven't come in because it's already been reported that teams know Baltimore will match and they don't want to do the work for them. I'm not sure why some of you ignore the many things put out there unless it makes Lamar look bad. When it makes him look bad you commit it to memory.

2. So you're confirming that you're ignoring all the work he's done in offseasons, the weight he put on to run Roman's offense better, the seeking outside help to improve in areas he knew he needed to improve, etc. You're ignoring all that because, to you, simply not signing the contract offered to him alone means football isn't #1 to him. Gotcha.

3. The offense wasn't made for him and some of you need to drop that talking point. Lamar Jackson had 0 experience in a TE focused offense. Meanwhile, Harbaugh's Ravens have drafted multiple TEs in the same draft 3 different times. Harbaugh has stated his teams don't feature WRs doing a lot and that it's about a grind it out, ball control, offense. This offense is 100% John Harbaugh's offense.

Not only that, but the argument is just stupid in practice. If you have a QB you believe struggles with the passing game, why in the almighty hell would you develop an offense focused on bunch formations where the QB has to throw pin point accurate passes since you have multiple defenders close at all times? Why would you not get WRs that can get wide open to help said QB or get an OC that can scheme WRs open easily? Maybe this organization really is as stupid as many seem to unknowingly suggest they are.

In terms of the rest

- a host questioned why he didn't play.....so? Teammates, aka people that see him regularly, explained it
    - why are y'all focused on him standing on the sideline? When he did it, y'all complained and said he was moving too well. When he doesn't y'all complain. Didn't reports come out that his knee got inflamed which led to a setback? Guess what inflames that injury.......travel.
    - how is that his fault and not the team's fault?
    - This is true, multiple have
    - Roquan became the highest paid LB in history. Roquan got the exact deal he stated he wanted beforehand. How exactly did he work with the team without coming down off his request at all? No, the Ravens are simply happier to pay defenders than offensive players and have proven that throughout their entire history.
    - In the time that Lamar's been a starter, the Ravens have spent the least amount of money on offense. What stopped them from putting money around him before?
    - No clue. I'd say the NFLPA got the concept of a guaranteed contract into his head and he's loving the idea.
    - Maybe, maybe not. It'll depend on how it ends. If he gets injured again, playing on the tag will hurt him. If he balls out and takes the team to the championship round at least, it won't hurt him
    - If he sits out then he'll confirm he's the idiot many think he is
    - Allen signed before Watson, Mayfield is on his 3rd or 4th team, I forget. Mayfield is also signed for peanuts and popcorn
    - Yes. Mahomes' deal will guarantee (without actually guaranteeing) that he gets more than the $230M Watson will make. Have the Ravens offered a Mahomes deal?
    - The agent thing is another overrated talking point. You can't point out Roquan getting signed without having an agent and then say agents are a must. Roquan simply got exactly what he wanted without any actual compromise on his part. Ed Reed once became the highest paid safety ever without an agent. The Ravens have made two different players the highest paid ever at their position without agents. That said, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do it here as the money is just way different for QBs

I think the league thinks Watson is a much better QB than Jackson. He threw for 4800 yards in his last full season. Lamar’s best year was 3100 yards passing. I think Ravens fans have to realize the rest of the league doesn’t see Lamar as a top ten QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Few issues here.

1. He's not signed because he doesn't agree with the offer Baltimore gave him. This is easy. Other offers haven't come in because it's already been reported that teams know Baltimore will match and they don't want to do the work for them. I'm not sure why some of you ignore the many things put out there unless it makes Lamar look bad. When it makes him look bad you commit it to memory.

2. So you're confirming that you're ignoring all the work he's done in offseasons, the weight he put on to run Roman's offense better, the seeking outside help to improve in areas he knew he needed to improve, etc. You're ignoring all that because, to you, simply not signing the contract offered to him alone means football isn't #1 to him. Gotcha.

3. The offense wasn't made for him and some of you need to drop that talking point. Lamar Jackson had 0 experience in a TE focused offense. Meanwhile, Harbaugh's Ravens have drafted multiple TEs in the same draft 3 different times. Harbaugh has stated his teams don't feature WRs doing a lot and that it's about a grind it out, ball control, offense. This offense is 100% John Harbaugh's offense.

Not only that, but the argument is just stupid in practice. If you have a QB you believe struggles with the passing game, why in the almighty hell would you develop an offense focused on bunch formations where the QB has to throw pin point accurate passes since you have multiple defenders close at all times? Why would you not get WRs that can get wide open to help said QB or get an OC that can scheme WRs open easily? Maybe this organization really is as stupid as many seem to unknowingly suggest they are.

In terms of the rest

- a host questioned why he didn't play.....so? Teammates, aka people that see him regularly, explained it
    - why are y'all focused on him standing on the sideline? When he did it, y'all complained and said he was moving too well. When he doesn't y'all complain. Didn't reports come out that his knee got inflamed which led to a setback? Guess what inflames that injury.......travel.
    - how is that his fault and not the team's fault?
    - This is true, multiple have
    - Roquan became the highest paid LB in history. Roquan got the exact deal he stated he wanted beforehand. How exactly did he work with the team without coming down off his request at all? No, the Ravens are simply happier to pay defenders than offensive players and have proven that throughout their entire history.
    - In the time that Lamar's been a starter, the Ravens have spent the least amount of money on offense. What stopped them from putting money around him before?
    - No clue. I'd say the NFLPA got the concept of a guaranteed contract into his head and he's loving the idea.
    - Maybe, maybe not. It'll depend on how it ends. If he gets injured again, playing on the tag will hurt him. If he balls out and takes the team to the championship round at least, it won't hurt him
    - If he sits out then he'll confirm he's the idiot many think he is
    - Allen signed before Watson, Mayfield is on his 3rd or 4th team, I forget. Mayfield is also signed for peanuts and popcorn
    - Yes. Mahomes' deal will guarantee (without actually guaranteeing) that he gets more than the $230M Watson will make. Have the Ravens offered a Mahomes deal?
    - The agent thing is another overrated talking point. You can't point out Roquan getting signed without having an agent and then say agents are a must. Roquan simply got exactly what he wanted without any actual compromise on his part. Ed Reed once became the highest paid safety ever without an agent. The Ravens have made two different players the highest paid ever at their position without agents. That said, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do it here as the money is just way different for QBs
    Great Post.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

After today and all that is coming about on this Lamar situation I think it’s clear he got a pass cause he played football. If Louisville is graduating idiots like him they need to be checked out.
    He doesn’t talk the way he does because he’s from the south he does because he’s an idiot. This guy is flat out stupid!

How can any ‘Ravens’ fan possibly want to root for this idiot anymore? If you are still siding with Lamar at this point it’s obvious the name on the back of the jersey is what makes you a fan not the front.

Get this idiot out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    After today and all that is coming about on this Lamar situation I think it’s clear he got a pass cause he played football. If Louisville is graduating idiots like him they need to be checked out.
    He doesn’t talk the way he does because he’s from the south he does because he’s an idiot. This guy is flat out stupid!

How can any ‘Ravens’ fan possibly want to root for this idiot anymore? If you are still siding with Lamar at this point it’s obvious the name on the back of the jersey is what makes you a fan not the front.

Get this idiot out of here!

well said

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    His mom does them on Turbo Tax. Much cheaper.
    This is gold!

This saga makes one wonder the degree to which Lamar is coachable. Can he not see how these antics hurt him and how an agent would have helped him?

I can hope the blindspot is just business-related. But what if it isn't? Worse still, what if Bill Polian was just being polite with his criticism. Meaning, his public criticism of Lamar's passing masked his unspoken private concern of Lamar's processing. Maybe what he was trying to tell us was that Peak Lamar coincided with a great 3-cone and 10yd split, rather than with five years of mechanical improvement and film study.

Lamar is going to make a lot of money. I fear such money will, sadly, likely delude him into thinking he was right all along, that there was nothing he could have done better, that he hasn't been hurt at all by this saga. He'd be wrong. But wrong blissfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    This saga makes one wonder the degree to which Lamar is coachable. Can he not see how these antics hurt him and how an agent would have helped him?

I can hope the blindspot is just business-related. But what if it isn't? Worse still, what if Bill Polian was just being polite with his criticism. Meaning, his public criticism of Lamar's passing masked his unspoken private concern of Lamar's processing. Maybe what he was trying to tell us was that Peak Lamar coincided with a great 3-cone and 10yd split, rather than with five years of mechanical improvement and film study.

Lamar is going to make a lot of money. I fear such money will, sadly, likely delude him into thinking he was right all along, that there was nothing he could have done better, that he hasn't been hurt at all by this saga. He'd be wrong. But wrong blissfully.
    I have said for a few years now.
    I think Lamar WAS coachable.
    Then he won an MVP.
    Then he became Willie Beamon.

Here is to hoping this spring is humbling him, because it looks like he is here long term by default.