Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar needs to grow up. Period.

Lmao y’all buried this dude

And nothing we say or do here will have any affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    What difference does that make? His opinion stands or falls on its facts and reasoning, not on who he is. Right?

Which part of his opinion was outrageous? The "Get an Agent" part? The "Stop Posting on Social Media and Getting Aggrieved" part? The "Hypocritical Contract Gamesmanship" part? Or is it the "Don't Mud Wrestle in Public" part?

"IMO the truly pathetic aspect of the Internet is how" people who share assumptions can use ad hominem arguments and disengage from debate because they know they have allies who will dogpile the heretic and smother debate.

While the "is in a league of his own with starting QB immaturity right now" comment is hyperbole, it's hyperbole no worse than the"Roman is an idiot" or "Pees is a moron" hyperbole that is and has been such standard fare here and elsewhere. No reason to single out this comment for scorn.

Much of what PurplePower wrote is debatable. So...debate, don't dismiss.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I have no idea if PurplePower is a troll or not, but I am really tired of this false narrative. The Ravens most certainly were not looking to resign Lamar during last off-season, mostly for cap reasons. The Ravens seem to have seriously approached Lamar about a contract extension in January of this year.

Also, the "Ravens wanted to pay him but he refused to engage" narrative is stupid unless we know how much the Ravens offered him. Whatever they offered Lamar, he didn't seem to like the number and until fairly recently wasn't interested in engaging with them. So, we are really talking about 4 months where Lamar refused to engage with them. That is not a very long period of time.

IMO, that narrative about the "Ravens want to pay him but he is refusing to engage" was the Ravens leaking to their friends in the media as a CYA move. If I was Lamar, I would have been really annoyed by that.

This is not factually true. They were trying to sign him as early as spring 2021.

Blog Entries

Lamar is fine. Ed Reed didn't have an agent for a good chunk of time he was Raven either. It's the player's choice.

Lot's of players post cryptic things or boasting things or opinionated things on social media. If this the worst that Lamar does then I think we're okay. He hasn't exactly Johnny Manziel causing all sorts or trouble off the field or making threats to the team like Kyler Murray.

Lamar is just a different kind of guy and needs to figure out what it is he wants. That will happen and he'll be here for a very long time

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    This.
    DAMN.......! Great post but I had to Google like five times!

OP is Mike Florio

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to sense a change in 'tone' from Lamar. Maybe it's partly immaturity talking, but he doesn't really seem to be the 'happy go-lucky' Lamar from years past. His stubbornness in refusing to deal with the Ravens does kind of strike me as odd. And his weird social media behavior seems 'off' too. I do actually wonder if he doesn't want to leave the Ravens after this year. I personally think that he's waiting to see how he and the offense does this year to decide whether to stay with the Ravens or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to sense a change in 'tone' from Lamar. Maybe it's partly immaturity talking, but he doesn't really seem to be the 'happy go-lucky' Lamar from years past. His stubbornness in refusing to deal with the Ravens does kind of strike me as odd. And his weird social media behavior seems 'off' too. I do actually wonder if he doesn't want to leave the Ravens after this year. I personally think that he's waiting to see how he and the offense does this year to decide whether to stay with the Ravens or not.
    Lamar is pissed at how last year ended. You don't put in the work and build the muscle that he did over the past 6 months if you're content. He hears the talk about Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and sees Deshaun Watson got and he's mad. The national media is constantly doubting him. Go to any of the Lamar stories and PFT and the comments are all about how he shouldn't even be a quarterback. This is a league MVP being questioned and doubted every day, I see focus taking over from fun. If he wins the Super Bowl he'll go back to being that happy go lucky Lamar because I do believe that's who he is. Right now though he's taking a page from Brady and Rodgers and going to put winning over everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar is pissed at how last year ended. You don't put in the work and build the muscle that he did over the past 6 months if you're content. He hears the talk about Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and sees Deshaun Watson got and he's mad. The national media is constantly doubting him. Go to any of the Lamar stories and PFT and the comments are all about how he shouldn't even be a quarterback. This is a league MVP being questioned and doubted every day, I see focus taking over from fun. If he wins the Super Bowl he'll go back to being that happy go lucky Lamar because I do believe that's who he is. Right now though he's taking a page from Brady and Rodgers and going to put winning over everything else.

I like this take and I hope thats it.

Blog Entries

Because the OP only posted one side of a Lamar T account doesn’t discredit the actual points raised. Lamar certainly has a right to post whatever however, but that doesn’t mean it’s beyond comment or critique, or that we all have to embrace his social media public persona in order to be a loyal Ravens and Lamar fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I have no idea if PurplePower is a troll or not, but I am really tired of this false narrative. The Ravens most certainly were not looking to resign Lamar during last off-season, mostly for cap reasons. The Ravens seem to have seriously approached Lamar about a contract extension in January of this year.

Also, the "Ravens wanted to pay him but he refused to engage" narrative is stupid unless we know how much the Ravens offered him. Whatever they offered Lamar, he didn't seem to like the number and until fairly recently wasn't interested in engaging with them. So, we are really talking about 4 months where Lamar refused to engage with them. That is not a very long period of time.

IMO, that narrative about the "Ravens want to pay him but he is refusing to engage" was the Ravens leaking to their friends in the media as a CYA move. If I was Lamar, I would have been really annoyed by that.
    I am going to mostly back this sentiment up,

I’m not going to say it was as much CYA as using the media to elicit a counter-offer to keep the negotiations moving.

I think it is clear that they Ravens made NO serious push prior to about January, and likely sent a first offer below what Lamar was interested in, and he waited until close to camp to really even begin discussing counter-offers. In the interim, the DeShaun Watson contract came in and gave credence to what was likely to be a similar counter offer and now he is resisting coming off his number more than the team would prefer.

Despite my reffing on him for not having an agent, it has kind of worked in his favor. He has not been handling this horribly at all.

He’s doing it his way and not everyone understands that, but we don’t need to, it’s not our life.

I still think he gets a deal done before week 1. I think all sides want it, and at some point the team will cave to very near his number. It will likely be the top contract ever in some measure, or some combination of the 3 main measures that is relatively unprecedented.

I would not AT ALL be surprised if there is some very strange “catch” to the contract in some way I am not prepared to predict, but maybe something akin to “player option” years past year three or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk