Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar needs to grow up. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    I have yet to read an article or hear a podcast podcast that starts of with "I think " it's always this is what's happening. This is why it isn't done. If he just gets an agent iy would already be done... Lamar has a contract for x amount on the table... That's not giving an opinion that's talk as if that's what is happening.
    I shouldn't have to say this, but I will. When you read Mike Preston, he's a COLLUMNIST. Its a commentary. Its a built is disclaimer that what he writes is what he THINKS. The only time to believe Preston is when he cites teams sources for some he outright says is factual, because his big source over the years was Ozzie Newsome.

Same goes for Florio / Simms and any media presentation on the NFL. Its ALL opinion and analysis. They don't have to lead with "I think". That's baked into what you're watching. Unless they outright say something is a report with a cited source, ASSUME its opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    ASSUME its opinion.
    Exactly CBD, just like the ones here on the RSR board. I don't put much stock into the "inside information" some writers opine about. Just check out their mock drafts and they say "that team made a mistake" or this team got a "steal" LOL, it's about as accurate as our mock drafts here. Assumptions, personal feelings, speculation is all it is. I don't pay much attention to the "experts" myself... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It's one thing to say if I were in Lamar's shoes I'd hire an agent and another to say "Lamar needs to grow up. Period." You're not giving an opinion, you're just being an asshole.
    1) I'm not the OP here. I didn't phrase the title etc. I do agree with the idea that we've seen some maturity issues that I think could give the brass pause. Of course, like all things, the other side of the equation is the player's production / skill. Lamar the player greatly outweighs anything of the small hiccups of the last 1.5 years, hence everything is still hunky-dory, at least publicly.

2) My opinion (not the OPs) here is that Lamar is fighting the reality of his own stardom. It'll be better for both sides when he embraces Lamar Jackson, superstar QB, and stops trying to mom and pop this.

3) Message boards are, generally speaking, echo chambers. I have no problem with an opinion that I'm wrong about an opinion (from JonBoy, LongJohnSilver, KrustyTheClown, or whatever anonymous online avatar I argue with at any point). Have at it, talk sh1t, let your nuts hang!

What I do have an issue with is incorrect facts presented with bravado and confidence, and with the idea that Lamar's decisions for this aren't up for critique.

3) the concern of most parties with critique about the agent thing is that Lamar get paid and get a fair deal done. Player self representation leads to inferior deals, there is data on that. Lamar could be the exception. We'll find out. Its the OPINION of many that not having an agent is making this unnecessarily drawn out and likely for less dollars / guarantees, even taking into account a 1-3% agent fee.

4) @ Captain Silver - just the energy that you think, and have to type "aloud", that an an opposing opinion is "f*cking stupid" is telling. There's just a lot of energy here that any slight to Lamar is like a slight to a family member, rather than what this really is - a slow offseason and the 1b story is our superstar QB being slow getting paid and not having an agent, to the 1a story of Cleveland's acquired superstar QB being a serial predator. And people have opinions about both stories.

I get it though. The is the way things are, the internet isn't new. 5 people here agree, and i'm not in that agreement circle. I can tell you a lot of people not on this message board at the moment, and a lot of people not on the message board at all, agree with the need for an agent and the need to mature a bit. Its not controversial. Only controversial here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    4) @ Captain Silver - just the energy that you think, and have to type "aloud", that an an opposing opinion is "f*cking stupid" is telling. There's just a lot of energy here that any slight to Lamar is like a slight to a family member, rather than what this really is - a slow offseason and the 1b story is our superstar QB being slow getting paid and not having an agent, to the 1a story of Cleveland's acquired superstar QB being a serial predator. And people have opinions about both stories.
    There is nothing telling. You keep harping about it. Finally it gets annoying. People get it. Regurgitating the same tripe post after post isn't going to win you any points, it is only going to add fuel to your critics. Don't get butt hurt over someone calling your point of view fucking stupid either when you have typed "strawman" arguments to everyone that tried to reason with you.

*Legal disclaimers: All letters, words, phrases, up to and including the words "fucking stupid" in relation to ClericBlackDave's opinion does not represent the RSR family of articles, forums, owner, or it's users. Additional information can be gleamed by using www.goolge/strawman. Any reproduction or broadcast of this message without the fucking express written consent of Captain Silver is prohibited.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    There is nothing telling. You keep harping about it. Finally it gets annoying. People get it. Regurgitating the same tripe post after post isn't going to win you any points, it is only going to add fuel to your critics. Don't get butt hurt over someone calling your point of view fucking stupid either when you have typed "strawman" arguments to everyone that tried to reason with you.

*Legal disclaimers: All letters, words, phrases, up to and including the words "fucking stupid" in relation to ClericBlackDave's opinion does not represent the RSR family of articles, forums, owner, or it's users. Additional information can be gleamed by using www.goolge/strawman. Any reproduction or broadcast of this message without the fucking express written consent of Captain Silver is prohibited.
    LMAO.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

An companion example:

Here is Simms and Florio opine-ing on Deshaun Watson. Very little of this is factual report - 90% of it is analysis and opinions

//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/fd8OKLTqzpma

This is par for the course. High profile players under the microscope. People guessing how he's feeling, what his strategy is, what he's thinking, etc. It is what it is.

Hi ho Silver on the attack again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I don't know if there's any truth to this but this guy claims Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract that's higher than Watson's deal.

https://www.outkick.com/lamar-jackso...n-230-million/

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    I don't know if there's any truth to this but this guy claims Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract that's higher than Watson's deal.

Jason Cole is a longtime respected writer. Colin Cowherd did a commentary today that was very complimentary of Lamar, but Cowherd also said Lamar reportedly wants a guaranteed contract. https://twitter.com/TheHerd

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post

I dont know if thats legit, but I have NO problem with Lamar WANTING a fully guaranteed contract. I think the question is, fully guaranteed for how many years, and yearly average?

And, how is he going to get that done without an agent?

Personally, I stick to my offseason OPINION that he's making his way out of town. IMO A push for a fully guaranteed deal is a nice politically correct way to stonewall talks and make it to next offseason and play tag.

With an agent, maybe the push for a fully guaranteed contract would lead to a strong compromise - e.g. a 5 years deal where the first 3 years are fully guaranteed, and the 4th and 5th year salary fully vest on certain triggers / conditions etc.

Without an agent, a push for a fully guaranteed deal, coming off injury and worse season of his 4 year career, again feels like kicking can down the road.

Again this is only conjecture, but hey, it's a message board. If reports are true and Lamar is actually asking for 230+ million guaranteed, everyone knows the Ravens aren't doing it. And he has to know that. So maybe he is stonewalling until the Ravens just give up and trade him next year or in 2024. Who knows.

Why is this thread still on the front page