Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast

Lamar needs to grow up. Period.

1) Hire a darn agent. Get the Ravens to pay the 3% if you are too dang cheap for it. Your mom and friends don’t know jack squat about NFL contracts or business matters with NFL teams or business etiquette. Agents do.

2) Stop posting stuff on social media and then being surprised when the media asks you about it. When he feigned ignorance about posting “I need $”, I just about lost my mind. How stupid do you think we are Lamar? GROW UP!

3) That whole game he played for the past year and a half where the Ravens wanted to pay him but he refused to engage and blamed the media for asking him about, and then he suddenly engages out of nowhere right before training camp and starts posting cryptic social media crap. Unnecessary and stupid. Refer back to point number one.

4) Now he is engaging in a twitter battle with an old washed up player that doesn’t matter AT ALL. And instead of intellectually defeating the troll with facts, or better yet, just IGNORING IT, you go and start tossing insults and emoji’s and acting like you’re 16 years old instead of a mid 20’s franchise player?? Bruh… You know what I think? I think Pollard hit a nerve because Lamar knows there is some truth in what he saying. #facts

Enough is enough dude. Grow up.

Did you see Manning doing this stuff? No.
    Did you see Brees doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Wilson doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Brady doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Burrow doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Mahomes doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Allen doing this stuff? No.

Lamar is in a league of his own with starting QB immaturity right now.
    Last edited by PurplePower; 07-14-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Re: Lamar needs to grow up. Period.

Who is this guy?

A troll?

Get. Out. Yinz.

Blog Entries

IMO the truly pathetic aspect of the Internet is how it encourages losers who can't find their arses with both hands to shoot their mouths off and pretend their imbecile opinions matter and ought to be taken seriously by people with IQs over 80.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO the truly pathetic aspect of the Internet is how it encourages losers who can't find their arses with both hands to shoot their mouths off and pretend their imbecile opinions matter and ought to be taken seriously by people with IQs over 80.
    To the Ignoratory he goes!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePower View Post
    1) Hire a darn agent. Get the Ravens to pay the 3% if you are too dang cheap for it. Your mom and friends don’t know jack squat about NFL contracts or business matters with NFL teams or business etiquette. Agents do.

2) Stop posting stuff on social media and then being surprised when the media asks you about it. When he feigned ignorance about posting “I need $”, I just about lost my mind. How stupid do you think we are Lamar? GROW UP!

3) That whole game he played for the past year and a half where the Ravens wanted to pay him but he refused to engage and blamed the media for asking him about, and then he suddenly engages out of nowhere right before training camp and starts posting cryptic social media crap. Unnecessary and stupid. Refer back to point number one.

4) Now he is engaging in a twitter battle with an old washed up player that doesn’t matter AT ALL. And instead of intellectually defeating the troll with facts, or better yet, just IGNORING IT, you go and start tossing insults and emoji’s and acting like you’re 16 years old instead of a mid 20’s franchise player?? Bruh… You know what I think? I think Pollard hit a nerve because Lamar knows there is some truth in what he saying. #facts

Enough is enough dude. Grow up.

Did you see Manning doing this stuff? No.
    Did you see Brees doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Wilson doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Brady doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Burrow doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Mahomes doing this stuff? No.
    Do you see Allen doing this stuff? No.

Lamar is in a league of his own with starting QB immaturity right now.
    Lamar is still developing.

There are several areas where Lamar, like any other great young QB, needs to improve.

I don't think any QB should engage in twitter battles.
    And iirc this is Lamar's 2nd twitter 'beef'? The 1st being the Chris Simms.
    These twitter battles are examples of the hidden (maybe not so hidden in this case) pitfalls that results from Lamar not having agent.

I didn't read the tweets and don't really care about the content.
    I want my QB(all players really) to be 100% confident in who they are.
    Media jabs should mean less then nothing to them, they should be immune, bullet proof...above the fray.

Lamar is the leader of the Ravens, he's the face of the franchise, one the highest winning % of QBs in his age in NFL history, rated by PFF as one of the best decision makers in the past couple/few seasons, 2nd highest EPA over the past 3 seasons, In 2019 led the league in passing TD and PFF Rating from the pocket...also *ahem* unanimous League MVP.

No need for Lamar to mix it up w/ Pollard or anyone else from the media. Lamar should consider engaging in a twiiter war with beneath him. It makes Lamar appear thin skinned, whether Lamar is actually thin skinned when it comes to his passing ability or not we can't know. But, if Lamar had an agent then he doesn't gets in either of his recent twitter battles and wouldn't give any reason for media question whether or not Lamar is sensitive about any aspect of his game. I think these tweets are more a sign of immaturity then sensitivity. I think its speaks more to wild Brett Favre/Mike Vick immaturity then a McNabbesque not wanting to run as much due to sensitivity about being a "running QB". Lamar has absolutely nothing to be sensitive about when it comes to his play as QB. I still believe Lamar will become a SuperBowl Champion QB and has the potential to be the best QB/player in the league.
    Last edited by edromeo; 07-14-2022 at 10:00 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    To the Ignoratory he goes!!!
    Ayup. Getting so crowded down there, they're hot-bunking...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Ok boomer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

I don't think any QB should engage in twitter battles.
    And iirc this is Lamar's 2nd twitter 'beef'? The 1st being the Chris Simms.
    These twitter battles are examples of the hidden (maybe not so hidden in this case) pitfalls that results from Lamar not having agent.
    I was thinking perhaps it is the product of more success and fame because Lamar was quiet and humble as a rookie but feeling the need to defend your own honor over social media can be interpreted as a prideful act if you will. Especially after last seasons disappointment, im sure LJs pride probably does hurt which is normal but the furthering of his success can be reignited from a place of humility rather than meaningless banters on social media with people that nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Who is this guy?
    What difference does that make? His opinion stands or falls on its facts and reasoning, not on who he is. Right?

Which part of his opinion was outrageous? The "Get an Agent" part? The "Stop Posting on Social Media and Getting Aggrieved" part? The "Hypocritical Contract Gamesmanship" part? Or is it the "Don't Mud Wrestle in Public" part?

"IMO the truly pathetic aspect of the Internet is how" people who share assumptions can use ad hominem arguments and disengage from debate because they know they have allies who will dogpile the heretic and smother debate.

While the "is in a league of his own with starting QB immaturity right now" comment is hyperbole, it's hyperbole no worse than the"Roman is an idiot" or "Pees is a moron" hyperbole that is and has been such standard fare here and elsewhere. No reason to single out this comment for scorn.

Much of what PurplePower wrote is debatable. So...debate, don't dismiss.