Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: OT: Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I've caught Rockfish on minnows before. Big ones with a bobber. Also using a spinner or artificial lure like a rapalla in perch or spot colors.

I hear the Gulp minnows can work as well. They come in a scented fluid solution that drives them crazy.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Guy at the bait shop told me today that Gulp minnows work wonders with em. Bought a few and gonna give it a go this weekend. Might upgrade my test too. I’ve heard they can fight like hell

2. Re: OT: Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    How many guys here are OC based or own properties there? Seems like we have a lot.
    I’m out there most of the summer time, don’t own but have a bunch of friends that are year round.

Re: OT: Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Guy at the bait shop told me today that Gulp minnows work wonders with em. Bought a few and gonna give it a go this weekend. Might upgrade my test too. I’ve heard they can fight like hell
    Good luck!

Rockfish are fun to catch(and eat!)

Check this youtube video out: https://youtu.be/_rAyhB8CyQk

Dude catching Rockfish right next to the Science Center. I wouldnt eat those though!!! May grow an extra digit or eye.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 07-14-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Anyone ever catch a snakehead?

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 08-02-2022 at 12:40 PM.

We use umbrella rigs and reel in 3 fish at a time sometimes on Long Island Sound. Mostly blue fish but we usually find our limit on striper. My friends know where to find them and it's always a good day!