Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Fishing Thread

I’ve been looking at a lot of these on other forums and felt like RSR could use one, matter of fact, deserved one.

If it’s buried somewhere deep in the forum please enlighten me, otherwise I hope this serves well for those that also enjoy fishing as much as I do.

I’m mainly out in Middle River, MD when I’m on the water and want to better my fishing game. I’m looking for Rockfish mostly when I’m out. Have a smaller powerboat that can troll. But any tips/tricks/spots that anyone else can provide, I’d love to hear em.

Re: OT: Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    IÂ’ve been looking at a lot of these on other forums and felt like RSR could use one, matter of fact, deserved one.

If itÂ’s buried somewhere deep in the forum please enlighten me, otherwise I hope this serves well for those that also enjoy fishing as much as I do.

IÂ’m mainly out in Middle River, MD when IÂ’m on the water and want to better my fishing game. IÂ’m looking for Rockfish mostly when IÂ’m out. Have a smaller powerboat that can troll. But any tips/tricks/spots that anyone else can provide, IÂ’d love to hear em.
    Nice change of pace.

Good job Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Nice change of pace.

Good job Reed.
    I love fishing, I know a lot of you do too.

I got fishing merit badge in scouts. That's about where it ends for me. Maybe I'll lurk for some tips and tricks.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I was juat fishing in the Assawoman Bay a few weeks ago. Not much biting. For anyone really that I spoke with.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I love fishing, I know a lot of you do too.
    You go for flounder at all in the bay?

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I was juat fishing in the Assawoman Bay a few weeks ago. Not much biting. For anyone really that I spoke with.

Now was that in the Big Assawoman or the Little Assawoman?
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    You go for flounder at all in the bay?

I’ve heard it’s out there but I’ve never even caught a peep of one. The boat I’ve got idles kinda fast, so I’ve heard that trolling out there for me is always gonna be a little hit and miss.

Middle River is great for just fun fishing, but it’s nothing but Catfish and Spots where I’m at.

Rockfish is what I’m trying to get tips on. Heard bloodworms are good for it, but you gotta go a ways out to get significant bites

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Now was that in the Big Assawoman or the Little Assawoman?
    I like the Big Assawoman better.

10. Re: OT: Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I got fishing merit badge in scouts. That's about where it ends for me. Maybe I'll lurk for some tips and tricks.
    I’m looking for tips with lures, cause I almost never use em. Don’t really know what they’re better for catching either. Best tip I saw on a forum was if you don’t have a lure, cutting a piece off a McDonald’s straw and hooking it to the end of your line can do the trick. Shines enough to attract em. Tried it once and caught a spot fish on the 3rd cast haha

How many guys here are OC based or own properties there? Seems like we have a lot.

I’ve heard it’s out there but I’ve never even caught a peep of one. The boat I’ve got idles kinda fast, so I’ve heard that trolling out there for me is always gonna be a little hit and miss.

Middle River is great for just fun fishing, but it’s nothing but Catfish and Spots where I’m at.

Rockfish is what I’m trying to get tips on. Heard bloodworms are good for it, but you gotta go a ways out to get significant bites
    I've caught Rockfish on minnows before. Big ones with a bobber. Also using a spinner or artificial lure like a rapalla in perch or spot colors.

I hear the Gulp minnows can work as well. They come in a scented fluid solution that drives them crazy.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 07-13-2022 at 08:14 PM.