Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens vs. Bucs

Re: Ravens vs. Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Naples is such a great town and place to live, love visiting family there.FL is lucky to have some citizens that fight to keep transplants from turning it into the ghettos they created in the NorthEast and then flee to FL from.
    Hear, hear. Well put. I live just south of Clearwater Beach in a small town called Indian Rocks Beach and there's a cool little saying that floats around here that addresses the sentiment you're speaking to.https://ifunny.co/meme/welcome-you-c...-t-5Wk6i2NT6?s

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Nothing has changed about The Brass Monkey. It is still owned by Barry Strieb.........(he of The Stallion fame in OC back in the day) and it is still a Maryland themed sports bar heavy on Ravens, Orioles and Terps.
    Whew ...... Thanks for the update! I haven't been up there in a while, and its the closest thing to a crabcake you can get down here! (That I can find!) Glad to know its still going! I guess I'm due for a visit!

Hear, hear. Well put. I live just south of Clearwater Beach in a small town called Indian Rocks Beach and there's a cool little saying that floats around here that addresses the sentiment you're speaking to.https://ifunny.co/meme/welcome-you-c...-t-5Wk6i2NT6?s
    We've got that one going around down here too! I guess I'm due for a visit to the Salt Rock Grill up your way also!

4. Re: Ravens vs. Bucs

Having lived in and around Tampa years ago and venturing over to Clearwater (used to fish the Causeway) and St. Pete.....I forget the name of the big famous pink hotel over in St. Pete(?)

5. Re: Ravens vs. Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Having lived in and around Tampa years ago and venturing over to Clearwater (used to fish the Causeway) and St. Pete.....I forget the name of the big famous pink hotel over in St. Pete(?)
    The Don Cesar.

Used to bartend for Kelly and Barry at the brass monkey. Worked the 2012 super bowl there!

Quote Originally Posted by VaRaven View Post
    We've got that one going around down here too! I guess I'm due for a visit to the Salt Rock Grill up your way also!
    You're ALWAYS due for a visit to Salt Rock..................Good eatin' for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    The Don Cesar.

Used to bartend for Kelly and Barry at the brass monkey. Worked the 2012 super bowl there!
    Very cool. I didn't move down here until 2015. Barry was/is a character. I'm sure you saw it a lot when you worked there, but whenever I'm there, I get a kick out of how many visiting Marylanders ask The Stallion to do his "Bingo Baby" schtick and Barry is always happy to oblige.

So when did he re-paint! Granted its a year or so since I've been up there, maybe longer, but the side of the building used to be painted like the Maryland Flag didn't it?

9. Re: Ravens vs. Bucs

Very cool. I didn't move down here until 2015. Barry was/is a character. I'm sure you saw it a lot when you worked there, but whenever I'm there, I get a kick out of how many visiting Marylanders ask The Stallion to do his "Bingo Baby" schtick and Barry is always happy to oblige.
    He’s definitely a character haha, my friends and I still do impressions of him to this day. They still have the best crab cakes you can get down there in my opinion, free purple shots for every ravens touchdown (which is a nightmare for staff if it’s a high scoring game haha). It’s the place to go during ravens season.

So when did he re-paint! Granted its a year or so since I've been up there, maybe longer, but the side of the building used to be painted like the Maryland Flag didn't it?
    Not that I remember. He's had that monkey with the Raven helmet for as long as I can remember. You might be thinking of another spot. Surprisingly, there are a lot of Marylanders and Raven fans in this area and a few Raven bars.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    He’s definitely a character haha, my friends and I still do impressions of him to this day. They still have the best crab cakes you can get down there in my opinion, free purple shots for every ravens touchdown (which is a nightmare for staff if it’s a high scoring game haha). It’s the place to go during ravens season.
    I found a picture with myself, Kelly and Bobby Vermillion at The Monkey not too long ago. I apologize for the slits masquerading as eyes, I obviously had had a few LOL

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...SQ&oe=62EC538D

Not sure what happened to my post count, but regardless .....
    There used to be somebody here that either organized road trips for away games or knew someone that did! Does anybody know if they're still doing that? I live in Sarasota now and my buddy is in Hilton Head! We both had season tickets for years and we're thinking about going to the Thursday night Bucs game! Rather than get tickets through the box office we'd rather sit with a bunch of other Ravens fans (although Bucs fans aren't all that bad!) It would also be great to tailgate Thursday afternoon, but they don't do it quite like they do (or used to) in Baltimore! Cheers!
    Mine hasn't worked for about a decade, lol.