Prayers at 50 yard line case

Just came in, rules in favor of the coach. My question is this:

Same situation except the coach is Muslim and pulls out his prayer rug, kneels and starts chanting "Ali Akbar" over and over again. Several other Muslim players join in. Parents are upset and fills the school board meetings complaining that our culture is being destroyed.

Per this new court ruling, this should and has to be allowed over school and parent objections. I agree.

Does everyone else?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Prayers at 50 yard line case

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Same situation except the coach is Muslim and pulls out his prayer rug, kneels and starts chanting "Ali Akbar" over and over again. Several other Muslim players join in. Parents are upset and fills the school board meetings complaining that our culture is being destroyed.

Per this new court ruling, this should and has to be allowed over school and parent objections. I agree.

Does everyone else?

Man, I think you already know the answer, lol.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Does everyone else?

I agree and would be 100% okay with it.

Tyson Fury is devoutly Catholic and before on of his Wilder fights did an interdenominational prayer with his trainers and corner guys. It was awesome.

https://youtu.be/eDx2GOfuN24

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Does everyone else?

When has this happened? When have people complained about Muslims praying? They stop 5 times a day to do so in all kinds of places. I have heard nobody complain and attempt to stop it.

They have the right to do so as long as they don't coerce students (or anybody) to join in it should be allowed.

Does everyone else?

If you really want to make a point about what this law maybe opens up you could refer to that story a few month back where some dbag rented or scheduled time at a public school to hold an after school Satanism workshop/awareness. That actually happened in the last 6 months or so. That one had me kind of like hmmmm. I think that was a stupid leftist performative act designed to undermine all public expressions of faith and "ruining" culture was precisely it's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    When has this happened? When have people complained about Muslims praying? They stop 5 times a day to do so in all kinds of places. I have heard nobody complain and attempt to stop it.

They have the right to do so as long as they don't coerce students (or anybody) to join in it should be allowed.
    It was just a hypothetical. Sometimes other less observed religions in a particular community get the short end of the stick when it comes to these type of things. Now the law is clear.

This case was such a slam-dunk 1st Amendment violation by the school system's infringement of the coach’s religious freedom and freedom of speech rights by seeking to block him from engaging in public prayers on the field, that I'm astonished that it ever had to go to the Supreme Court. The 3 justices who sided with the school against the 1st Amendment should take a refresher training in Constitutional law.

As to the point about Muslim prayers: the Muslim athletes' right to pray at the 50 yard line are also fully protected by the 1st Amendment.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Does everyone else?

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody would have even said anything if the coach was a muslim.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

There are some ashiest who I think are the biggest assholes about their beliefs. These fuckheads can't mind their own business. Myself I couldn't give a fuck what they believe in. I'm an ashiest myself but I believe in freedom of all religions as long as you keep your religion to yourself and don't shove it down my throat.

I haven't stayed after an NFL game for years, but I remember there was a group I believe called Organization of Christian Athletes that had players from both teams gather at midfield for a quick prayer after the game. Don't know if it still goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I would bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody would have even said anything if the coach was a muslim.
    Probably not. I think it's possible people sometimes come here from other countries and don't like it because their culture sees Christianity as the religion of the infidel and that it is a form of proselytizing. Which is ironic but that's probably where the intolerance comes from. Thus you see people freaking out and forcing public schools to rename Christmas pageants to "Holiday party" etc. Fall Festival instead of Thanksgiving.

The intolerance is pretty much all on the left these days.

Although we are still predominantly Christian being a country of immigrants there is a certain amount of pride/tolerance that totally gets downplayed/overlooked.

It's against the narrative that we are a country of white supremacist jesus freak bigots that need to be punished. I fucking hate it but that is the modern left and the Democratic party is all in on that divisive identity politics nonsense.