Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ring of honor

Re: Ring of honor

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Rob Burnett was as much a cornerstone as Goose for that defense, and he was an original Raven. Goose was definitely more visible, but that team had several leaders on that defense. Rod Woodson too.
    Rob Burnett was the most underrated player on that Super Bowl team. He was on fire that year.

Blog Entries

I don't know if he belongs in the ring of honor but he belongs somewhere of honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't know if he belongs in the ring of honor but he belongs somewhere of honor!

LMAO!!!

I still say Do Not Panic (pronounced Dough Not Panic) in honor of Sam. Having him and Goose in the middle of the defense was just silly.

Where’s the part with Sam in the pool being rescued?

OK I surrender-Put the whole 2000 defense in the ROH

Goose would love a statue of him with a beer in one hand and food in the other. The man knew how to enjoy life and shared it with everyone who knew him. Recall he partied with his signing bonus with his friends.

hopefully, the ravens ring of fame won't turn into the orioles wall of fame. its almost comical who is listed on the orioles wall of fame at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    hopefully, the ravens ring of fame won't turn into the orioles wall of fame. its almost comical who is listed on the orioles wall of fame at the stadium.
    I think the Orioles' Hall of Fame is legit. It's like the MLB HoF, on a Baltimore scale. It's a nice way to honor guys every year. And I'd have no problem with a Raven Hall of Fame for guys like Goose.

The Orioles have their statues, and the numbers out in Babe Ruth Plaza. Those are reserved for the elite, the way the RoH is for the Ravens.

Kinda sad how many more elite players the Ravens have had than the O's, but...
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I think the Orioles' Hall of Fame is legit. It's like the MLB HoF, on a Baltimore scale. It's a nice way to honor guys every year. And I'd have no problem with a Raven Hall of Fame for guys like Goose.

The Orioles have their statues, and the numbers out in Babe Ruth Plaza. Those are reserved for the elite, the way the RoH is for the Ravens.

Kinda sad how many more elite players the Ravens have had than the O's, but...
    Aside from Cal, there haven't been as many generational players like the Ravens have.

Aside from Cal, there haven't been as many generational players like the Ravens have.
    Braves fan myself, but Adam Jones changed the game somewhat when he played for the Orioles imo. Was a tremendous player.

I think he’s in the Seattle ring, or their equivalent.

The only one since Cal is Manny, and he wasn't here long enough to qualify for a statue even if he ends up in Cooperstown.

I was lucky enough to see the Hall of Famers come through Baltimore. I was even in Cooperstown watching Frank get inducted. But it occurs to me that at the ripe old age of 54, I probably won't live long enough to see another Orioles Hall of Famer unless it comes from the current crop of prospects, (e.g. Rutschman.) If you factor in a 15-20 year career, and five years of waiting to go into the Hall, it will be a long long time before there is another Orioles statue out in center field.
    "Chin up, chest out."