Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ring of honor

Ring of honor

If Byner is in the ROH,then Tony Siracusa should be there. His spirit alone and what he brought to the team,fans and city deserves it,

Re: Ring of honor

Earnest Byner is not a good if/then argument, he should be treated as an outlier. His inclusion is inexplicable other than being Art Modell's fave.

Michael McCrary is probably the least of the real ROH members, having played six seasons for the Ravens, with 2 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro selection, 51 sacks, 299 tackles, 42 TFL, and a 51 AV. That's still significantly more than Goose's tenure as a Raven.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 06-23-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Blog Entries

I wouldn’t say inexplicable, ByneR played 131 games for Mr. Modell.
    We look at it as a Raven fan and say only 2 years here, but Mr. Modell sure wanted to honor someone who like himself was vilified in Cleveland.

He was no slouch, retired as the 16th all time rushing back. Throw in another 4.6K yards receiving, and 2 super bowl rings. The second one was as director of player development, a job he held for the Ravens for 6 years

So I see it as honoring Art Modell, he brought the team here, left almost everything else back in Cleveland including the hatred they still have for him to this day, blocking his HOF election.

Yeah, we can beat drums saying he didn’t do much here, we saw a Raven running back in his 12th and 13th seasons. If people are dead set on stripping him out of the ring of honor, let’s not do it to a 60yr old man for no other reason that most of it wasn’t in Art Modell’s Raven era. And honor Art’s wishes for a few more years

Now if it was a Rashaan Melvin, I’d carry the soapbox for you.
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 06-24-2022 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Autocorrupted
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I wouldn’t say inexplicable, Bynes played 131 games for Mr. Modell.
    We look at it as a Raven fan and say only 2 years here, but Mr. Modell sure wanted to honor someone who like himself was vilified in Cleveland.

He was no slouch, retired as the 16th all time rushing back. Throw in another 4.6K yards receiving, and 2 super bowl rings. The second one was as director of player development, a job he held for the Ravens for 6 years

So I see it as honoring Art Modell, he brought the team here, left almost everything else back in Cleveland including the hatred they still have for him to this day, blocking his HOF election.

Yeah, we can beat drums saying he didn’t do much here, we saw a Raven running back in his 12th and 13th seasons. If people are dead set on stripping him out of the ring of honor, let’s not do it to a 60yr old man for no other reason that most of it wasn’t in Art Modell’s Raven era. And honor Art’s wishes for a few more years

Now if it was a Rashaan Melvin, I’d carry the soapbox for you.
    Byner, not Bynes.

Blog Entries

Stupid auto-corrupt! TY

Blog Entries

Goose does not have to be in the ROH to be appreciated by Ravens fans. We've had lots of great players like Goose, Kelly Gregg, Adalius Thomas, Chris McAlister, Jarrett Johnson and Bart Scott who we can all appreciate without being put into the Ring of Honor. It doesn't make them lesser Ravens. This franchise has been blessed with a ton of really exceptional players over the years. They can't all go in but they certainly can be remembered and celebrated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    If Byner is in the ROH,then Tony Siracusa should be there. His spirit alone and what he brought to the team,fans and city deserves it,
    Didn't we stop doing the "Byner is in so [insert name] should be in" thing. Art Modell put Byner in based on his Cleveland days.

With that said, it's hard to argue not putting a player who was the cornerstone along with Ray Lewis of the 2000 defense in. But, on the flipside he played more years in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Didn't we stop doing the "Byner is in so [insert name] should be in" thing. Art Modell put Byner in based on his Cleveland days.

With that said, it's hard to argue not putting a player who was the cornerstone along with Ray Lewis of the 2000 defense in. But, on the flipside he played more years in Indy.
    Rob Burnett was as much a cornerstone as Goose for that defense, and he was an original Raven. Goose was definitely more visible, but that team had several leaders on that defense. Rod Woodson too.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

VIVA Bennie Thompson!

Blog Entries

Put a statue of him in the food court, he'd be proud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Put a statue of him in the food court, he'd be proud.
    Hahaha he would love that!
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Ring of honor

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Goose does not have to be in the ROH to be appreciated by Ravens fans. We've had lots of great players like Goose, Kelly Gregg, Adalius Thomas, Chris McAlister, Jarrett Johnson and Bart Scott who we can all appreciate without being put into the Ring of Honor. It doesn't make them lesser Ravens. This franchise has been blessed with a ton of really exceptional players over the years. They can't all go in but they certainly can be remembered and celebrated.
    G'man, I totally agree. Football fans sometimes debate that this or that player should be in the HOF. IMO if a player has a long career, which in many cases is rare, made much $$$ and is admired by the fanbase in his town, that seems enough to get out of your professional career.

Therefore, if Goose isn't in our ROH, he will still be in mine ... Bc