Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ring of honor

Re: Ring of honor

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The only one since Cal is Manny, and he wasn't here long enough to qualify for a statue even if he ends up in Cooperstown.

I was lucky enough to see the Hall of Famers come through Baltimore. I was even in Cooperstown watching Frank get inducted. But it occurs to me that at the ripe old age of 54, I probably won't live long enough to see another Orioles Hall of Famer unless it comes from the current crop of prospects, (e.g. Rutschman.) If you factor in a 15-20 year career, and five years of waiting to go into the Hall, it will be a long long time before there is another Orioles statue out in center field.
    I was also there for Frank’s induction. He promised not to talk as long as Happy Chandler’s marathon speech; he lied. 😄

Frank wasn’t even the headliner, going in with Hank Aaron.

Re: Ring of honor

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I was also there for Frank’s induction. He promised not to talk as long as Happy Chandler’s marathon speech; he lied. ��

Frank wasn’t even the headliner, going in with Hank Aaron.
    I remember Frank talking about that. He talked about always finishing second to Aaron for his whole career, but "I'm going into the Hall of Fame fifteen minutes before him."
    "Chin up, chest out."