Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Lamar finally speaks...

I feel much more confident that Lamar will be a Raven for the long haul after that presser. He "expects so2 about being a Raven long term and he's engaging in contract talks now.

He wouldn't rule out a hold out if a deal doesn't get done but that doesn't worry me much. It just puts the ball in the Ravens court about getting something done and, in a way, it's a positive sign - Lamar wants a deal before Week One.
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 06-16-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Re: Lamar fianlly speaks.

Shit. I can't change the title.
    I was about to post when I noticed I hadn't titled it, so I added one in a hurry. Too much of a hurry. It's shameful shit.

Blog Entries

Roses are red, violets are blue,
    I'm dyslexic and you are so...

(this is what in chess is called a Fingerfehler...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    34m
    Jackson said he’s usually at 205 or 208 for season. He’s currently at 220 and said he feels good.

Jonas Shaffer
    @jonas_shaffer
    ·
    36m
    Lamar Jackson said he knew about the Hollywood Brown trade ahead of time. He said it’s all “part of the business.”

His “WTF” tweet on draft day was partly related to Brown being already in Arizona.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    37m
    Jackson said he does feel worthy of a contract extension, rejecting the assertion that he wants to wait to win a SB before signing.

Kyle Phoenix Barber
    @KylePBarber
    ·
    38m
    Jackson said the Deshaun Watson deal hasn’t had impact on his negotiations. Said he’s his own player.

Kyle Phoenix Barber
    @KylePBarber
    ·
    38m
    Lamar Jackson said and reiterated he’s had conversations about his contract with General Manager Eric DeCosta.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Lamar putting the board's resident jedi mind readers outta work (not that they'll stop their foolish ways)

Jonas Shaffer
    @jonas_shaffer
    ·
    45m
    Lamar Jackson said he asked his teammates if it was OK if he could do work away from OTAs.

He said the absence wasn’t contract related.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    45m
    Lamar Jackson said he stayed away from voluntary workouts to “stay away from the grind.” Said his absence was not contract related.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    4m

This is Ravens QB Lamar Jackson's accurate quote about why he stayed away from OTAs. I misheard initially. “I just wanted to stay away and just grind."
    Jackson also reiterated that his absence from voluntary workouts was not contract related.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    45m
    Lamar Jackson said he stayed away from voluntary workouts to “stay away from the grind.” Said his absence was not contract related.
    Great work collecting all these quotes, Jam.

I'm not sure Zrebiec got that last quote right. I thought Lamar said he stayed away "to grind" rather than to avoid the grind.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Great work collecting all these quotes, Jam.

I'm not sure Zrebiec got that last quote right. I thought Lamar said he stayed away "to grind" rather than to avoid the grind.
    You bet and you are correct. I reposted Jeff Z's self-correction a couple minutes after the initial misquote.

Re: Lamar finally speaks...

Awesome! A whole lot of what people on this board and the media assumed was just plain wrong. Nice to get some answers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Awesome! A whole lot of what people on this board and the media assumed was just plain wrong. Nice to get some answers.
    who would've thought

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The fact that he is noticeably bigger and said he weighs about 220 now is proof that he was indeed grinding.
    This reminds me of that year Michael Jordan finally packed on some muscle in the offseason because he was tired of Detroit and other teams beating the shit out of him in the playoffs every year. Yes, he was considered one of the best and most exciting players at the time, but could not get over the hump once the playoffs happened. Feels like a similar story arc developing.