Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Jaylon Ferguson dead

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just wanted to highlight this travesty.

When we can step back and take the 10,000 foot view and see the d amaze opioids are doing, and compare them to the alternative option, something needs to change. There is literally ZERO argument that there is equal or more danger to society if the legality of these two compounds were flipped, quite the contrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well one is a billion-dollar profit center for the pharma industry. The other is a weed that basically anyone could grow if it were legal. What would the shareholders say??
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    ...removed inappropriate content...
    Good FUCKING lord. Conflating a very sad demise of a young man, that unfortunately was pretty clearly a drug overdose, to some fucking wacko conspiracy theory just because you NEED to get your insane rocks off about covid. Fucking despicable humans.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 06-23-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Hence my earlier comment that trial lawyers and the pharma industry are to blame. Still...let's not make this out to be an impossible challenge to physicians. In my story you have a woman with no history of narcotic prescriptions (hence their term, "opioid naive") but with two broken ribs. Clearly a situation that merits pain management. And I accept that she was given the min. 5mg dose, 1x/day for 12 days.

The issue I have is they then proceeded to not only completely ignore how the most conservative approach was working, but they also refused to even take her phone call when she reached out for help. Head in the sand. I don't care how much you're worried about lawsuits. This was a case that is ridiculously below that threshold. You're not going to harm a patient by prescribing 10 more minimum-dose pills and allowing 10 per day. THAT is the correct protocol after monitoring how the prescription for the opioid-naive patient is working. Fear of a lawsuit is no justification for avoiding the patient. It's not like we're talking about anywhere close to a dangerous dose. I can understand reluctance to increase dosage for someone who has been on opioids for a long period. But this ain't it, and I am not willing to apply the extreme situation to a nowhere near extreme situation.

Lost in all this is that, when forced to find THC, it actually worked as well or not better than the opioids. The fact that she could not be prescribed that is a travesty. What a country.
    I'm not 100 percent filled in on the details of your example, but I would say just from what you have written above you are assuming the patient will continue to take the medication as prescribed. Which is perfectly reasonable, given that you may know this person to be responsible, etc. However if she happens to like the pills a bit too much there's nothing stopping her from eating the entire bottle in an afternoon or something. I think most logical people would agree that if a patient chooses to abuse a certain medication that's on them. Unfortunately, because of the hysteria regarding the opioid epidemic, the law seems to want to hold the doctor responsible for these behaviors in some cases which is what I was getting at. It seems to be an unspoken rule in this country that if we want something to go away then we just make it illegal and voila, problem solved. This is a massively flawed assumption that needs to change IMO.

Something with relevance to Football if not directly Jaylon Ferguson

Medical examiner says he died of fentanyl and cocaine. Sad

Fentanyl is bad, bad news. What, 50x as powerful as heroin? It's one thing to be a sleazy coke dealer. It's another to be a rot-in-hell dealer who spikes it with fentanyl to scam even more money out of unsuspecting users.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Fentanyl is bad, bad news. What, 50x as powerful as heroin? It's one thing to be a sleazy coke dealer. It's another to be a rot-in-hell dealer who spikes it with fentanyl to scam even more money out of unsuspecting users.
    The crazy thing is that a lot of times the users know fentanyl is in it and prefer it that way. They say it gives them a better high if ot doesn't kill them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Wow.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Fentanyl is a nightmare. 100 times stronger than morphine and that's if it's properly made. This stuff that kills people is often a lot stronger than that. That strength is why the illegal drug trade loves it. You can move a lot less for the same strength as heroin. Profit margins go way up on a drug like that. Real bad news

The crazy thing is that a lot of times the users know fentanyl is in it and prefer it that way. They say it gives them a better high if ot doesn't kill them
    Yeah. How can you willingly mess around with that and not at least also have Naloxone on hand? It's available at any Maryland pharmacy without a prescription.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

don't think anyone is surprised based on how he was found etc.

They randomly bust people down here for fentanyl and say they had enough to kill the entire county population.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!