Ravens chapter of Warren Sharp preview free

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFoot...72148002414593
    I got a link after signing up for the email list, just an orgy of information

Re: Ravens chapter of Warren Sharp preview free

SWEET!!!!

Sharp is super knowledgeable. (He's also a big Lamar supporter.)

Blog Entries

Sharp is the worst person in the analytics community. Maybe Eric Eager.

Sharp’s twitter presence is the worst and he’s a self-aggrandizing tout. That said, once you pierce through the persona and grift he does have some good stuff on occasion. From what I’ve seen of his book it’s helpful but I would never purchase his betting services (or any tout for that matter) there are too many stories of him scamming people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Sharp’s twitter presence is the worst and he’s a self-aggrandizing tout. That said, once you pierce through the persona and grift he does have some good stuff on occasion. From what I’ve seen of his book it’s helpful but I would never purchase his betting services (or any tout for that matter) there are too many stories of him scamming people.
    Sean Clement, who used to work in the Ravens analytics department, is quite adamant that Sharp is a fraud and that the analytics he puts out are poorly put together and are applied to the game in an even much worse way. I got no time for that clown.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Sean Clement, who used to work in the Ravens analytics department, is quite adamant that Sharp is a fraud and that the analytics he puts out are poorly put together and are applied to the game in an even much worse way. I got no time for that clown.
    Most time his analysis boils down to “pass more on first down durr” Also Warren Sharp isn’t even his real name.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    In general, a lot of these "analytics gurus" for sports other than baseball (this is especially common in hockey) go through basically no peer-reviewing and the result is a lot of them being extremely arrogant about their models and a lot of twitter fans just parroting them to look smart and progressive.

This is something I've actually 180'd on over the years, and I've grown to like the current landscape of analytics less and less, even though I have no doubt it'll progress in the future.