Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 - Sickening

When they don't have an ax to grind it's not tanking, it's rebuilding.

When the Royals, Pirates and Indians trade talent away and keep payroll low, it's rebuilding. When the Rays and A's do it it's Moneyball.
    "That's what."
    — She

I can't do the radio crud anymore - check out some of the podcasts, I like the 'LOCKED ON' podcasts for Ravens and Orioles

Good timeline article Tony.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2022...ign=la-canfora

I didn't recall or remember at the time 4 years ago when all the talk was that Harbs and the Ravens were headed for a split that JLC was one of the lead "theorists" on that. Guess he was "almost right" until Lamar saved Harbs and everyone else's job. Still seems to be the prevailing thought of many here regarding JH. I'm sure turning that season around helped, but it could have also led to a natural and organic time to move on and give a new coach a shot with the new Action Jackson toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Good timeline article Tony.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2022...ign=la-canfora

I didn't recall or remember at the time 4 years ago when all the talk was that Harbs and the Ravens were headed for a split that JLC was one of the lead "theorists" on that. Guess he was "almost right" until Lamar saved Harbs and everyone else's job. Still seems to be the prevailing thought of many here regarding JH. I'm sure turning that season around helped, but it could have also led to a natural and organic time to move on and give a new coach a shot with the new Action Jackson toy.
    I wonder how many people think that Lamar saved Harbs job because of that. I remember him giving that take on CBS after the Steelers game that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I wonder how many people think that Lamar saved Harbs job because of that. I remember him giving that take on CBS after the Steelers game that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh there are a good number of fans that apply cause and effect 101 and believe it's definitive that Lamar saved his job. Nevermind the massive gamble of going all in with a guy that several teams and talking heads thought(maybe still think) that LJ was nothing more than a gadget player. I say they saved each other. Maybe it was desperation on Harbs' part or blind faith or plain luck that gave Lamar a real shot at showcasing what he was capable of but I think their relationship is more symbiotic than people give it credit for. The same folks convinced he saved Harbs are now convinced Harbs will box him in and force Lamar to run himself into the ground. Many also believe that the ravens FO, that was apparently bleeding fans and ticket sales, has and will lowball their former unanimous MVP that put butts back into the seats at M&T. A lot of the "logic" and reasoning I see on here seems incredibly disjointed and counter intuitive...like it comes directly from a psyche like JLC's.

JLC is out this week and Tim is in his place. It is like night and day. Tim and Ken work well together. Yes, Ken is still annoying but his schtick works with someone positive like Tim.

Tony, you're right.. 105.7 doesnt care about Bmore and its people.

So Audacy is probably going bankrupt by the end of the year. Have to have a subscription to read the actual article.

https://twitter.com/jdelcolliano/sta...15406627282946

Not surprising, they have mismanaged stations all over the country. That and well radio is dying anyway. Not a great combo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    So Audacy is probably going bankrupt by the end of the year. Have to have a subscription to read the actual article.

https://twitter.com/jdelcolliano/sta...15406627282946

Not surprising, they have mismanaged stations all over the country. That and well radio is dying anyway. Not a great combo.
    It really is the worst fucking station I have ever listened to in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    It really is the worst fucking station I have ever listened to in my entire life.
    That's what I've been saying for years Cap. It's not just the hacks they employ like Vinny and JLC, but the commercials and the narratives and the commercials and the ridiculous political slants of some of the hosts and the commercials and the "opinions as personalities" bullshit and oh yeah...more commercials. Yes, radio is a dying format, but it's not DEAD. It still has a place and if done reasonably well, can garner a great listener base that all those commercials might actually reach.

I've always been of the opinion that a smaller market offers a better opportunity for radio to shine. There won't be a lot of TV and other media to compete with and it is easier to tie into the inferiority complex that most smaller markets suffer from. The fact that it can be streamed via an iHeart or Audacy or whatever, gives another avenue for listeners besides just the local population.

The biggest problem with the stations in Baltimore is not that radio is dying or dead, it's that the programming and bulk of the talent fucking sucks and they seem to resort to appealing to the lowest common denominator to try to generate listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    That's what I've been saying for years Cap. It's not just the hacks they employ like Vinny and JLC, but the commercials and the narratives and the commercials and the ridiculous political slants of some of the hosts and the commercials and the "opinions as personalities" bullshit and oh yeah...more commercials. Yes, radio is a dying format, but it's not DEAD. It still has a place and if done reasonably well, can garner a great listener base that all those commercials might actually reach.

I've always been of the opinion that a smaller market offers a better opportunity for radio to shine. There won't be a lot of TV and other media to compete with and it is easier to tie into the inferiority complex that most smaller markets suffer from. The fact that it can be streamed via an iHeart or Audacy or whatever, gives another avenue for listeners besides just the local population.

The biggest problem with the stations in Baltimore is not that radio is dying or dead, it's that the programming and bulk of the talent fucking sucks and they seem to resort to appealing to the lowest common denominator to try to generate listeners.
    Today's world is based on appealing to the lowest denominator - common or not; intelligent or not.

One of the more laughable new shows is their evening baseball hour. It's a host and a former O's player. Now honestly, the content is OK. The problem is there's only about 15 minutes of it. Between the abundant commercials and the fact that each thing they talk about like the lineup or tonight's starting pitcher or last night's recap etc. is preceded by an intro theme to fill time. This should only be a half hour show but they stretch it into an hour.

What amazes me is if we all see the problems and shortcomings of the station why doesn't station management?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    One of the more laughable new shows is their evening baseball hour. It's a host and a former O's player. Now honestly, the content is OK. The problem is there's only about 15 minutes of it. Between the abundant commercials and the fact that each thing they talk about like the lineup or tonight's starting pitcher or last night's recap etc. is preceded by an intro theme to fill time. This should only be a half hour show but they stretch it into an hour.

What amazes me is if we all see the problems and shortcomings of the station why doesn't station management?
    It is like trying to find and eat that one M&M in a box of this: