Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 - Sickening

Jerry Coleman was let go for "cost cutting moves" today

His nighttime show was better than most at that station if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    How he made it this long is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    How he made it this long is a mystery.
    Yeah Coleman was straight trash.

Now if they would just fire Laconfora and Weiman I might actually start listening again.

Radio is a tough business but that station programming is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I blame Jason LaCanfora.
    Lmao perfect response

Blog Entries

He was one of the worse radio "personalities" I've ever listened to. Guy literally brought nothing to the table.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    His nighttime show was better than most at that station if you ask me.
    Agreed on the latter point. Although, not good enough that I tuned in regularly, and maybe they have numbers that said the ratings aren't there.

If it was strictly cost cutting, I would trimmed the three person morning show. It's better when one of them is on vacation, which seems like always. Me? I'd cut Ed Norris who never struck me as bringing much in the way of sports knowledge or even enthusiasm. I always feel as though he'd rather be anywhere else but there in the studio. Particularly if 'anywhere' is a titty bar in Tampa.

Barring a major shake up, based on the talent on hand, my line up would be:

Jeremy and Weinman in the morning. (and I'd ban Jeremy from doing 30 minute gambling segments every day. Is there anything more boring than him reading weather reports and telling us how many runs will be scored because of it?)

I'd leave Haney and Vinny alone in the mid morning.

I'd move Rob Long to afternoons with Popovich.

And I'd leave Coleman at night.

That's just me.
    "That's what."
    — She

I think the problem at the station starts with the program director, Chuck Sapienza, who in my estimation, is out of touch with the market. Firing Coleman as a cost-cutting measure may be true...maybe it's just a cop out. I don't know for sure. But if they wanted to cut costs there are bigger salaries than Coleman's that they could rub out. My guess is that those salaries are under contract.

Like many of you, sometimes I just want to get a local and live sports vibe. So there's The Fan and WNST and the latter, from what I've been told (I haven't listened in years) isn't always live.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Honestly radio is a dying entertainment medium.
    I rarely listen to radio these days. Loads of commercials and far to often it’s dumbed down hot take ridiculousness that rules the airwaves. Sirius is better but I gave up my subscription because I have found I can get all that info and more via various podcasts.

I feel like sports radio is in an endless negative feedback loop where they feel they have to employ personalities who are loud obnoxious and have nothing but hot takes and hot air to offer. Most the hosts are rampant narcissists (Hello Nestor and JLC) who do not engage and discuss sports with their listeners. Instead they preach to their listeners about how much they the all knowing host knows and how little the listener would know if were not for them gracing us with their knowledge and opinions.

Podcasts do not take calls but there are more than enough of them out there for me to find hosts that provide me with information that I want, presented in a format I enjoy. I learned more in a month of podcast listening about football, the draft, scheme, technique and a multitude of other subjects than I did in a lifetime of listening to the radio. If radio is anyones thing, enjoy it! I am just happy there are now a multitude of listening options to pick from

Oh I totally agree podcasts are a much better way of getting sports info and opinions. I only listen to 105.7 when I'm cooking something in my kitchen - basically just background noise. But that station irritates me to no end.

And yesterday I had to suffer through one of the most idiotic segments I've ever heard on a sports radio station. Here's the thing - I listen to sports radio for sports talk. I don't care about Vinnie talking about the stock market or the morning show doing their weird/stupid news/people segment etc...

Anyway yesterday on Inside Access, there was a 10 minute segment where JLC and fill in Tim were talking about house sitting and "babysitting" Ken's dog. I kid you not. How does this drivel stay on the air? Between that, endless commercials and JLC's whining, how does this show even stay on the air?

I hear you. Although, in the station's defense, it's hard to fill 3 hours every day with relevant talk.

I have always felt the best segments are when the hosts do interviews. Their morning show Tuesday interviews with Ross Tucker were always worth tuning into, and they goofed around talking about food all the time. But still good content. The morning show without guests is deadly boring, however. Coleman's show at night was good because it was fast paced, with lots of guests calling in.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I hear you. Although, in the station's defense, it's hard to fill 3 hours every day with relevant talk.

I have always felt the best segments are when the hosts do interviews. Their morning show Tuesday interviews with Ross Tucker were always worth tuning into, and they goofed around talking about food all the time. But still good content. The morning show without guests is deadly boring, however. Coleman's show at night was good because it was fast paced, with lots of guests calling in.
    See I disagree.

Where 105.7 lacks immensely is what Tony L just stated above. They are out of touch with their audience and just do what ever they want.

They should have more call in Live segments with fans calling in voicing their opinions and talking about stuff. That is the most entertaining part in my opinion.

Where they are failing, is the loud mouth know it all's like (Coleman, Laconfora and Weiman) who just talk over anyone who's opinion they do not agree with and spew their negativity through a microphone.