Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: SI article on Ravens approach

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Interestingly enough the last time we won a Super Bowl was when we had an All pro WR in Boldin.

So before we start praising this approach as genius let’s win something first.

The last 3 Super Bowl winners had an all pro big time receiver.

I’m not saying what we are doing won’t work, but don’t start praising ideas until they are actually successful
    Boldin was obviously very good but he was never All Pro and was four years removed from his last Pro Bowl by the time we won the SB.

Meanwhile no shit the last few SBs involved passing teams, like 30/32 teams are passing teams.

Interestingly enough the last time we won a Super Bowl was when we had an All pro WR in Boldin.

So before we start praising this approach as genius let’s win something first.

The last 3 Super Bowl winners had an all pro big time receiver.

I’m not saying what we are doing won’t work, but don’t start praising ideas until they are actually successful
    Anquan Boldin was never All Pro. Not one time. Not even 2nd team All Pro.

And the last time he made the Pro Bowl was two years before he joined the Ravens.

But feel free to continue trying to gaslight us.

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    I find it disingenuous to suggest Hamilton and Linderbaum fell based on position and not 40 time and size/arm length
    Agree, especially Hamilton. He was consensus top 5 until he ran the 40.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Agree, especially Hamilton. He was consensus top 5 until he ran the 40.
    This is true but it also seemed like every mock couched those picks in “I know it’s unconventional to pick a safety this high, but…” type language. I think both were a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Anquan Boldin was never All Pro. Not one time. Not even 2nd team All Pro.

And the last time he made the Pro Bowl was two years before he joined the Ravens.

But feel free to continue trying to gaslight us.
    I forget how anal this board is sometimes. No he didn’t technically win “all pro” honors. He was 2 time pro bowl.

He had 1,000+ years in every healthy season prior to coming to BAL including a 1377, 1200+, and 1400+ in 14 games.

That’s all while having to split targets with Larry.

Are you telling me he was equivalent to trotting out a fucking unproven rookie or 2nd year wr?

You got the point of my post and it was clear. Last time we won a super bowl was with a great WR.

Regardless of him winning “all pro” or just making the pro bowl his numbers were all pro level and so were his skills.

We haven’t sniffed a SB since he left and we haven’t had a really good WR since.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    The inverse benefit is also true which is why - perhaps - the current ravens offense works. Most defenses are built to defend the most common offenses. Therefore run heavy or TE heavy passing game should not only give us a benefit in the value of the players but also the scheme alteration required from defenses to cover these offense “unicorns”. Two birds, one stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been saying this for about a year but its completely ignored by the Romanhaters club. The idea that the Ravens only did well in 2019 because they caught the league by surprise and therefore can never repeat that is 100% bullshit.

The rest of the league didnt start drafting defensive players to stop our offense. They are still drafting lighter, faster players to stop the pass. The Ravens still have the same advantage they had in 2019.

This is a little deeper than many can go however, so its just ignored.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I forget how anal this board is sometimes. No he didn’t technically win “all pro” honors. He was 2 time pro bowl.

He had 1,000+ years in every healthy season prior to coming to BAL including a 1377, 1200+, and 1400+ in 14 games.

That’s all while having to split targets with Larry.

Are you telling me he was equivalent to trotting out a fucking unproven rookie or 2nd year wr?

You got the point of my post and it was clear. Last time we won a super bowl was with a great WR.

Regardless of him winning “all pro” or just making the pro bowl his numbers were all pro level and so were his skills.

We haven’t sniffed a SB since he left and we haven’t had a really good WR since.
    There is a massive, massive difference between the pro bowl and All Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Factually, 1) Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall were All Pro receivers in 2012 not Boldin, though I follow your point. 2) I, nor the writer ever said anything about the approach being "genius". 3) Though Cooper Kupp was All Pro last year, the Bucs didn't have an All Pro receiver in 2020 and the Chiefs didn't have an All Pro receiver in 2019. If winning the Super Bowl is the only measure of success, than only one team is successful every year. I'd say our overall record and the offensive rankings noted in the article are a pretty fair evaluation of success. 43 - 22 .670 winning percentage. Since 2018, the 3rd most efficient offense in football (behind Chiefs and Packers). Obviously we'd all like better postseason results and Super Bowls every year, but to insinuate these ideas aren't "actually successful" is disingenuous. The logic in the article speaks for itself. I get it though, you want to disagree. Have at it.
    Overall record doesn’t mean your offensive philosophy is working. That’s obsurd.

Lamar’s rookie year he finished the season 6-1. That offense was not going to work in the postseason and it didn’t.

Winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal. The ideas aren’t successful. We haven’t even made it to a Super Bowl.

And without Lamar we can’t even win a game.

Everything looks “successful” when you have Lamar Jackson improvising and doing freakish things.

Why wasn’t this approach successful with Flacco? We didn’t give him any receivers and we couldn’t even make the playoffs.

So let’s stop with the foolishness. This team hasn’t proven this philosophy works at all.

I’m not saying it won’t work. As a fan I pray it works.

But other teams like the bills and bengals took the approach that they needed high level receivers and one made it to the Super Bowl and the other was one play away from the conference championship.

Ravens were at home.

So I need to see this “philosophy” work.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Facts don't matter.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Man y’all getting stuck on nonsense. We know the difference. One is popularity for the most part and one is based on expert opinion.

Now talk about the numbers I posted. Those are all pro level numbers. 1400+ yards in 14 games. Focus on that

There are double digit WRs selected to the Pro Bowl every year, and then you have guys dropping out because of injury or just straight up lack of interest resulting in alternates etc. All Pro is the best of the best. There are literally two first team All Pro WRs selected each year. Boldin was never close to being one of the two best WRs in the NFL.

I love Boldin. One of my all time favorite Ravens. But I think some people in this fanbase pretty dramatically overrate how good he was during his time here, compared to the rest of the league. That’s probably in part because of the lack of talent we’ve had at the position over the years, and in part because of the attitude he played with. But regardless, dude was very-good-not-great here.