Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 GOP Ticket

Re: 2024 GOP Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I disagree about the whole alleged identity politics thing, although I do kind of understand why some say that. First and foremost, you want to be electable and attractive to the base of your voting bloc and of course, independents, which is really what matters, when a voting bloc is the subject. Secondly, who really cares when it comes to a VP? Just how qualified is Harris, other than to Big Willie? I'd like to know what qualifications one must really have to be a VP(?). Palin was a huge mistake, as was McCain. Because of that whole deal, we got 8 years of Obama. But, back to someone like Noem, she's as qualified as anyone else out there to be a VP candidate. As far as I know, she hasn't worked her way to the top in Harris fashion.
    I like Noem. She has the bona-fides for the job. Im just opposed to going down a list of women or minorities instead of just taking the most qualified. Many times the VP ends up being the parties next Presidential nominee and candidate so I don't think its completely unimportant to make sure they are extremely qualified.

This is part of the reason the Democrats are completely fucked. Harris is more unlikable than Biden, but many will expect her to run. She either runs and is a disaster, or is forced not to run and causes issues within the party.

If the Dems actually had a competent VP they would have many more options, including Biden stepping down.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Noem is okay, but the one thing that really stood out about her was when she wouldn't sign the bill banning transgender men in women's sports. She tried to gives BS reasons but at the end of the day it sounded like she was being a politician instead of doing what she knew was right.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Noem is okay, but the one thing that really stood out about her was when she wouldn't sign the bill banning transgender men in women's sports. She tried to gives BS reasons but at the end of the day it sounded like she was being a politician instead of doing what she knew was right.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Yeah, thats the one thing about her that bugs me. Would like to hear her entire reasoning on that.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

4. Re: 2024 GOP Ticket

I guess the bottom line is putting a team out there who can win. That team, IMO, should not include Trump. If he's there when all the dust settles, he'll get my vote, but he won't be elected. The guy I've always liked and still do is Cruz. He's probably the guy w/whose policies I most align with. Don't think he'll be the eventual nominee, though. For that, I'd put my money on DeSantis for now and it's still way early for any of this. But, a good subject to kick around. I also think that for the Dems, they'll pull somebody out of their collective asses to run in an attempt to win. Could be Mikey Obama, etc., have no idea, but I expect them to do something like that. No way they just sit back and run Brandon or Cackles.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 06-20-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don’t like Haley or Scott. Both are establishment RINOs.

As of right now it’s DeSantis for me. But that’s assume elections are fair and legit.
    Well, we all know they aren’t. Our next President is either Biden, Kamala, or Hillary.

I would like to see Desantis paired with someone who can soften his edges a little like Governor Hogan. I'm not sure if DeSantis is too MAGA and Hogan is to squishy RINO for that too work but I'd vote for that.

I think those guys would govern the nation well.

I really hope it's not Haley/Scott. I can't get excited about her.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I guess the bottom line is putting a team out there who can win. That team, IMO, should not include Trump. If he's there when all the dust settles, he'll get my vote, but he won't be elected. The guy I've always liked and still do is Cruz. He's probably the guy w/whose policies I most align with. Don't think he'll be the eventually nominee, though. For that, I'd put my money on DeSantis for now and it's still way early for any of this. But, a good subject to kick around. I also think that for the Dems, they'll pull somebody out of their collective asses to run in an attempt to win. Could be Mikey Obama, etc., have no idea, but I expect them to do something like that. No way they just sit back and run Brandon or Cackles.

I've seen some people wanting Pete Bootyjuice . He previous run couldn't attract black voters. Not sure how they feel about him now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I would like to see Desantis paired with someone who can soften his edges a little like Governor Hogan. I'm not sure if DeSantis is too MAGA and Hogan is to squishy RINO for that too work but I'd vote for that.

I think those guys would govern the nation well.

I really hope it's not Haley/Scott. I can't get excited about her.
    Damn Bust, you've been living in Monky County too long for you to want Hogan anywhere near the VP slot. You may as well pair Liz Chaney with Desantis if your talking Hogan as his VP. He is a climate change, sanctuary city, TDS suffering RINO. He still thinks he can work across the aisle with the Democrats after being vetoed to death as Governor. He would not even win a primary in MD. He should run as a Democrat in 2024 but will end up being hired by CNN after his failed Presidential run in 2024.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I've seen some people wanting Pete Bootyjuice . He previous run couldn't attract black voters. Not sure how they feel about him now.
    Just say no to Mr. Mom. The Dems ought to run Joe Manchin in 2024 but that would never be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Just say no to Mr. Mom. The Dems ought to run Joe Manchin in 2024 but that would never be allowed.
    I don't think I'd vote for Manchin but if he won I would feel like the country was in good hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't think I'd vote for Manchin but if he won I would feel like the country was in good hands.
    This country would be in a hell of a lot better shape then it is now with Joe Manchin instead of Lance Biden, or is it Joe Armstrong.

12. Re: 2024 GOP Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I've never ever once voted for a Dem in my life and am not about to start now. Having said that, if I ever lost my ever lovin' mind and went off the deep end and were to vote for one, it'd be Manchin. Can't believe I actually typed those words, but pretty sure I did. No worries, never happen. Better chance of winning the Powerball.......twice.