Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Let's Talk Tylan

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While "the new guy" always seems exciting, Duvernay is (and has been) "my guy." I may be wrong, but I think if we unleash Duv we will be more than pleasantly surprised... Bc
    Duv has always been my guy as well, Bc. I love his speed and shiftiness, although I hear so called experts talking about his lack of route running ability. All I know is, when he gets the ball in his hands, good things happen.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

While "the new guy" always seems exciting, Duvernay is (and has been) "my guy." I may be wrong, but I think if we unleash Duv we will be more than pleasantly surprised... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Duv has always been my guy as well, Bc. I love his speed and shiftiness, although I hear so called experts talking about his lack of route running ability. All I know is, when he gets the ball in his hands, good things happen.
    What Duvernay is good at is being a straight line burner, or a one-cut-and-go guy. He has the fastest pure speed on the field now, except for perhaps Lamar. You'd think that plays well at the Z position but he appears to be best used in the slot. He's also the WR best suited for jet sweeps and reverses.

The Ravens will run a lot of 1-2 WR sets anyway; they have to to maximize their abundance of TE and RB. There will be formations where you won't see the traditional X-Slot-Z; TEs will cover the ends, RBs will occasionally line up wide. This is nothing new with Roman.

The only WR that I'm confident will see over half the offensive snaps is Bateman. Between Proche, Duvernay and Wallace, it will be mix-and-match.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    What Duvernay is good at is being a straight line burner, or a one-cut-and-go guy. He has the fastest pure speed on the field now, except for perhaps Lamar. You'd think that plays well at the Z position but he appears to be best used in the slot. He's also the WR best suited for jet sweeps and reverses.

The Ravens will run a lot of 1-2 WR sets anyway; they have to to maximize their abundance of TE and RB. There will be formations where you won't see the traditional X-Slot-Z; TEs will cover the ends, RBs will occasionally line up wide. This is nothing new with Roman.

The only WR that I'm confident will see over half the offensive snaps is Bateman. Between Proche, Duvernay and Wallace, it will be mix-and-match.
    WNCR, while you're very likely right, I see Duv as a multi-faceted danger to opposing defenses. He is dynamite with the ball in his hands and opposing D's have to account for him even if he isn't the primary. Bateman as WR #1 of course, but Duv can line up in several positions... Bc

P.S. - Don't know why, but he reminds me of Eric Metcalf.

Blog Entries

WNCR, while you're very likely right, I see Duv as a multi-faceted danger to opposing defenses. He is dynamite with the ball in his hands and opposing D's have to account for him even if he isn't the primary. Bateman as WR #1 of course, but Duv can line up in several positions... Bc

P.S. - Don't know why, but he reminds me of Eric Metcalf.
    I want to see them run this play with Duv getting the ball

https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/st...tvSN-JQtkyru5g

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I want to see them run this play with Duv getting the ball

https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/st...tvSN-JQtkyru5g
    SWEET!!! that's what I'm talkin' bout... Bc

Blog Entries

I like Tylan. It’s going to be tough for him to break into the lineup, but he was a big play guy at Oklahoma State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Maybe this will be the year without a scrub/washout WR from the trash pile of NFL has-bens.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Maybe this will be the year without a scrub/washout WR from the trash pile of NFL has-bens.
    I don't know about this. Still feel we need a veteran presence in the WR room. Getting one, but live without all the "heavily relying" on them to produce might be the tricky part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I don't know about this. Still feel we need a veteran presence in the WR room. Getting one, but live without all the "heavily relying" on them to produce might be the tricky part.
    Hire Steve Smith Sr. then as a coach.

The last few retreads brought nothing to the table.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 06-21-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    What's the actual value of a vet in this offense though? Unless it's a guy who has played in it and understands some of the finer points needed to succeed in it, I don't see a ton of value in bringing one in. What's a guy like OBJ going to do besides bitch about being misused? Is his presence really going to help Bate, Proche and Duv reach their fullest potential? If we want a guy who is going to be productive and still has some juice, you're gonna have to trade for him. Otherwise, I think we'd be looking at the next Maclin, Crabtree, Watkins, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    What's the actual value of a vet in this offense though? Unless it's a guy who has played in it and understands some of the finer points needed to succeed in it, I don't see a ton of value in bringing one in. What's a guy like OBJ going to do besides bitch about being misused? Is his presence really going to help Bate, Proche and Duv reach their fullest potential? If we want a guy who is going to be productive and still has some juice, you're gonna have to trade for him. Otherwise, I think we'd be looking at the next Maclin, Crabtree, Watkins, etc etc.
    I was thinking of someone who plays with a bit of grit. No necessarily a veteran in the "passing game". We brought Boldin in and we didn't have a system to suit him per se, but he was a good missing piece at that time and valued presence in the lockers.
    I like Captain's idea with Sr, player like coach could work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Rygar, I'm with you Let's see what the young guys can do. We drafted them for a reason, and I'd like to find out if they can be productive before we sign another veteran (AKA washed-up) WR who will only take away snaps from the youngsters. We already have fall-backs in our TE corps... Bc