Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Let's Talk Tylan

I like Wallace a lot but I wonder if Duvernay and Proche are going to be given targets first because they have been in the system longer, (probably a stupid thought, but I do wonder)

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I like Wallace a lot but I wonder if Duvernay and Proche are going to be given targets first because they have been in the system longer, (probably a stupid thought, but I do wonder)
    I think there's some truth to that; however, I think it'll be positional and Wallace is the backup X to Bateman.

As it stands with the wr room, I see Duv taking Hollywood's Z role (he will prolly get at least some run at X and slot as well) and Proche in the slot.

I see the receivers being used somewhat interchangeably but these would be by guess on standard positional designations.

I loved Wallace in college and was thrilled we got him when we did, but he's got a lot of work to do before I (or any of us) should start trusting him to produce anything.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Lamar is working with Bateman and Porsche more then all the other receivers. They did they’re minicamp interview together as well and will by flying to Florida to work with Lamar.

I’m inclined to think they will see the bulk of the WR targets. The rest will be going to TE’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    His college tape is crazy. But I agree, it’s odd that we don’t here much about him making plays or really doing anything. I’ve heard more about Devon Williams and Makai Polk than Wallace.
    My personal opinion he’s the best WR on this team behind Bateman.

His college videos had me hyped when they drafted him.

We shall see. Hope to see him often this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallace is going to be important. He's the only WR I can really see holding up on the outside opposite Bateman.
    ( Maybe some of the UDFAs/Victor can do it, but they're all pretty slow so I'm not going to get too excited about them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I'm a distant relative of Ann Boelyn (along with 50 million other people) so as long as they're not coming after me with an axe I'm happy
    Well that would explain your headless posting alright.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

All this talk just for us to sign some past his prime WR after he gets cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    All this talk just for us to sign some past his prime WR after he gets cut.
    It's the Ravens way.

What would a Ravens off-season be without hype for some young receiver followed by an aging veteran signing meaning we never see the youngster?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It's the Ravens way.

What would a Ravens off-season be without hype for some young receiver followed by an aging veteran signing meaning we never see the youngster?
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone hard for Julio

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone hard for Julio
    Maybe he doesn’t want to go through camp? Maybe we have an August deal worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe he doesn’t want to go through camp? Maybe we have an August deal worked out?

Somebody just might. Maybe it's us?

Not saying I'd want Julio, just saying he seems like their M.O.

Old as shit receiver they pay for what he used to be who comes in and plays like garbage and retires the following year. Last year they mixed it up and gave us a left tackle that fit that bill, but I expect it to turn back to receiver this year. We shall see.

To be fair, sometimes it works out (Mike Wallace)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its the Harbaugh problem.

If you are a drafted Ravens wide receiver you are at the BOTTOM of the barrel - playing behind whatever has been they've signed in free agency (lets use Watkins as an example). So you keep your place at the bottom of the totem pole until the grand wizard deems that you are qualified enough to make it to the game day roster. And when you are on the game day roster what do you do - you play special teams until the grand wizard puts you in for a couple of plays. And then what happens - Lamar throws to Hollywood when you are open - irrespective of how open you are he force feeds Hollywood. If you're lucky you get to your fourth year with a couple of catches - and then you move on to a team not tied to the Bo Schembechler mantra of "3 yards and a cloud of dust" - oh wait that's Woody Hayes - basically the same thing.
    Woah. Michigan and Ohio State are decidedly not the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk