Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 108
  1. #49

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If the Ravens have offered a contract to Lamar, Florio and Simms don’t know how much it was for. A $35M/year contract would still represent generational wealth, but is well below market value. I think Lamar isn’t leaking to the media, but the Ravens are in order to spin the narrative to their favor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, teams do this all the time.





  2. #50

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Wait, Lamar has 2 kids?






  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    5,008

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yup, teams do this all the time.
    What are they leaking? It's not a leak when the words come directly from EDC/Steve/Harbs during press conferences. They were the ones that said they were ready to pay him.

    Lamar said he wanted to get away and grind, but he's here now and they are having discussions.

    Where is the leak? Who's trying to win the PR battle? Call me simple, but I just think it's unprecedented and people can't fit it into one of their neat little boxes for how things are "supposed" to go and that freaks some folks out. The only way they know how to respond is that it must be something negative.





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    5,008

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Wait, Lamar has 2 kids?

    I know he has a daughter, guess he could have another kid around the same age? Maybe one of them is a niece? I'm amazed at how much of his life he is able to keep private.





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cumberland RI
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If the Ravens have offered a contract to Lamar, Florio and Simms don’t know how much it was for. A $35M/year contract would still represent generational wealth, but is well below market value. I think Lamar isn’t leaking to the media, but the Ravens are in order to spin the narrative to their favor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    No-one has said the Ravens have offered him a deal. Everyone has said the Ravens are ready to pay him BECAUSE ITS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH. Bisciotti, DeCosta, Harbaugh have all said they are ready to pay him, but he's not engaging.

    And its notable and fair game for the media to note how unusual it is.





  6. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    7,426

    Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    No-one has said the Ravens have offered him a deal. Everyone has said the Ravens are ready to pay him BECAUSE ITS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH. Bisciotti, DeCosta, Harbaugh have all said they are ready to pay him, but he's not engaging.

    And its notable and fair game for the media to note how unusual it is.
    Again, willing to pay him is a RELATIVE term. Offering him a below market value rate is still displaying a willingness to pay him. The Ravens can wish the Watson contract never happened, but it did and will factor into Lamar’s calculus. Lamar dispelled the notion that he doesn’t feel he is deserving of a big contract yet, so that isn’t the hold up.

    The Ravens didn’t want to extend him last off-season for cap purposes, and until last week, it appeared that Lamar didn’t want to engage in discussions with the Ravens this off-season. They seem to be talking now, so we’ll see what comes of it. The Ravens are the ones who have been engaging in the PR game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  7. #55

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Again, willing to pay him is a RELATIVE term. Offering him a below market value rate is still displaying a willingness to pay him. The Ravens can wish the Watson contract never happened, but it did and will factor into Lamar’s calculus. Lamar dispelled the notion that he doesn’t feel he is deserving of a big contract yet, so that isn’t the hold up.

    The Ravens didn’t want to extend him last off-season for cap purposes, and until last week, it appeared that Lamar didn’t want to engage in discussions with the Ravens this off-season. They seem to be talking now, so we’ll see what comes of it. The Ravens are the ones who have been engaging in the PR game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lamar also dispelled the notion that Watson's contract has any effect on his.

    Maybe it will maybe it won't, but you can't say he dispelled one thing while also asserting something else he dispelled.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  8. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cumberland RI
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Lamar also dispelled the notion that Watson's contract has any effect on his.

    Maybe it will maybe it won't, but you can't say he dispelled one thing while also asserting something else he dispelled.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

    Amen.


    Also, you can't say they aren't willing to pay him or are trying to cheap out when they haven't NEGOTIATED. They haven't even exchange real numbers or concepts. Lamar won't engage, and doesn't have an agent, and IT'S NOTABLE. It's THE story of the offseason alongside Deshaun Watson nonsense.


    Its not a media conspiracy. In fact, if they didn't report on it Baltimorons would be PISSED because the media doesn't cover the team What the latest on Lamar's contract? Why won't the national media cover it? Its because they hate US! lol.

    Oh, they are covering it? Its only because they are AFTER LAMAR AND HATE HIM. Suuuuuuuure





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    7,426

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Lamar also dispelled the notion that Watson's contract has any effect on his.

    Maybe it will maybe it won't, but you can't say he dispelled one thing while also asserting something else he dispelled.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    So, Lamar doesn’t have an agent because he wants to save the 3-5% of the contract value that he would have to pay said agent, but he is going to ignore the most lucrative contract ever given to a QB in the history of the league when negotiating his contract? Oh, and the fact that Lamar is a more accomplished QB than Watson and doesn’t have 26 pending civil suits against him? I guess anything is theoretically possible, so we’ll see what happens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    7,426

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Amen.


    Also, you can't say they aren't willing to pay him or are trying to cheap out when they haven't NEGOTIATED. They haven't even exchange real numbers or concepts. Lamar won't engage, and doesn't have an agent, and IT'S NOTABLE. It's THE story of the offseason alongside Deshaun Watson nonsense.


    Its not a media conspiracy. In fact, if they didn't report on it Baltimorons would be PISSED because the media doesn't cover the team What the latest on Lamar's contract? Why won't the national media cover it? Its because they hate US! lol.

    Oh, they are covering it? Its only because they are AFTER LAMAR AND HATE HIM. Suuuuuuuure
    You don’t know whether an offer was made between the Ravens and Lamar. The rest of your post is nonsense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  11. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cumberland RI
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    You don’t know whether an offer was made between the Ravens and Lamar. The rest of your post is nonsense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My bro, reading comprehension. I never said an offer was made. QUITE THE CONTRARY. The point is all parties has said they are willing to pay him and want to have a meaningful exchange.

    The rest of my post is an accurate description of the Baltimore little dog mindset. You're barking about nothing. You'd be barking if they were covering this story, barking if they weren't. Because no matter what, the world is against us, right?

    Or maybe, just maybe, the reality is this is a notable story and they're reporting on it because thats normal. They want to pay him and negotiate; my man Lamar doesn't have an agent and won't engage with them.





  12. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cumberland RI
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Lamar finally speaks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So, Lamar doesn’t have an agent because he wants to save the 3-5% of the contract value that he would have to pay said agent, but he is going to ignore the most lucrative contract ever given to a QB in the history of the league when negotiating his contract? Oh, and the fact that Lamar is a more accomplished QB than Watson and doesn’t have 26 pending civil suits against him? I guess anything is theoretically possible, so we’ll see what happens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Lamar said Watson's contract has nothing to do with his. Which one is it? Are you taking Lamar at his word, or no? Or only when it suits your argument(s)?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->