Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar finally speaks...

Anyone else concerned gaining 15 pounds causes him to lose a fraction of a step? Seems dangerous af.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Anyone else concerned gaining 15 pounds causes him to lose a fraction of a step? Seems dangerous af.
    Just sabotaging Greg's plans.

Nah, plus he'll lose a few in training camp in the summer heat. I like it because it indicates that he seems more focused on his health and taking care of his body. One of my biggest gripes with him through these early years is that I don't think he was taking very good care of himself as far as his nutrition and working out. He is one of those rare uniquely gifted genetic freaks, but he still needs to take care of himself. The multiple times over the years that he seemed to suffer from stomach issues are likely diet and nutrition related. Hopefully the weight gain and additional muscle are indicative of his body and philosophy on taking care of it both maturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Nah, plus he'll lose a few in training camp in the summer heat. I like it because it indicates that he seems more focused on his health and taking care of his body. One of my biggest gripes with him through these early years is that I don't think he was taking very good care of himself as far as his nutrition and working out. He is one of those rare uniquely gifted genetic freaks, but he still needs to take care of himself. The multiple times over the years that he seemed to suffer from stomach issues are likely diet and nutrition related. Hopefully the weight gain and additional muscle are indicative of his body and philosophy on taking care of it both maturing.
    100% This.

Also, he is destined to lose a step. I'm more excited that he's, like Rygar is saying, taking care of himself and paying some attention to details.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Lamar is currently talking to the Ravens and will sign before the season starts, and possibly before training camp.

Why do I think that?

Well, for one, if he wasn't currently negotiating with them and was entertaining sitting out, he would have zero reason to be in mini camp right now.

He also said for the first time that he feels he's earned the big contract now. We all probably knew that, but this is the first he had publicly said as much.

Based on him being there and saying he is "having conversations" I believe he is actively having contract talks. I think he's being coy and fucking with the media because A.) They are mostly douche bags and it's fun and B.) He is currently in serious negotiations and doesn't want to give away any leverage.

Of course this could all go to hell any day, especially since he doesn't have an agent, but I think that's where they are right now. The only caveat is if Lamar is completely unrealistic with his demands or the Ravens make him an insulting offer, neither of which is likely IMO.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I hope what you're saying is the case, but I dont see any indication that "conversations" are "negotiations". More wishful thinking, and thats the point of him using that language. The conversations are probably the Ravens asking if he's reading to negotiate, and his saying he's just focused on mandatory minicamp lol.

I hope i'm wrong, but as I said previously in the other thread, words matter and I think conversations is just like Aaron Rodgers "immunized". People know what they're doing when they choose words.

It was nice and welcoming to See and Hear Lamar.

Hope they get some good work in down Florida when they all meet up. Boy definitely been putting that work in.

Far as contract, happy he at least sat down and had a conversation. Maybe he will sign something before training camp. That would be lovely. But we will see about that in late July. Does make this break more relaxing for me , knowing he at least spoke to EDC about something of those numbers. We will see if Berry and EDC come up with a number Lamar likes next month.

But i super happy , he like his Center. That more important to me the contract talk. Like he can move and fast for center. Hopefully the snap feels like home to Lamar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

His “WTF” tweet on draft day was partly related to Brown being already in Arizona.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec

Had multiple people on draft night tell me there was no way this was the case lmao

He can lose a fraction of a step and still be the most athletic dude on the field every week.

It’s not beer fat

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    His “WTF” tweet on draft day was partly related to Brown being already in Arizona.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec

Had multiple people on draft night tell me there was no way this was the case lmao
    Which is crazy because the team said that he had been informed. Brown who is supposedly his friend knew he was being traded. There is no way it was a surprise that he was traded.

He Gon lose 5-7lbs of that during training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I hope what you're saying is the case, but I dont see any indication that "conversations" are "negotiations". More wishful thinking, and thats the point of him using that language. The conversations are probably the Ravens asking if he's reading to negotiate, and his saying he's just focused on mandatory minicamp lol.

I hope i'm wrong, but as I said previously in the other thread, words matter and I think conversations is just like Aaron Rodgers "immunized". People know what they're doing when they choose words.
    Sounded to me that that particular choice of words was just a nice way of saying "no comment."

He said they were having "conversations" about whether or not he was going to play in training camp. If your theory is true, that "conversations" = "refusal to talk about the contract," I'm not sure why he would say that. Wouldn't he just say, "yeah, I'll be there?"
    "Chin up, chest out."