Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Mandatory mini-camp thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Michael Pierce a no show

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't it be a more constructive use of time to ask around WHY Pierce isn't there? How do you know the team "should have concerns" if you don't know whether it's excused or not?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe. James hasn't played since 2019 and he only played 3 games that year. The reason he is so cheap is because he's a total question mark. It's not like he's ever been that good either. James has had 3 solid seasons since he was a 1st round pick in 2014. He might not be better than AV. He might not even be able to play in the NFL anymore. That's what they are trying to figure out before the season
    Only time will tell if James can still actually play near the level he did before. He was already on the field practicing during the OTAs, that's a good sign in my book.

James was a good RT in the past and Alejandro well.....he gave effort and tried to make the transition to RT but that old dog couldn't adjust. We also saw other guys that struggled at RT before Mekari stabilized it a bit.

Upgrading to Moses, JJames, rookie big Dan, still having Mekari is for me a big improvement from just having Alejandro, Mekari and Ty'ree and some jags like Andre Smith, Sharpe? and Ealy... .huge improvement.

But, like i was saying in the previous post...i wish there were more LTs on the roster. If Stanley isn't ready...that leaves Moses/Mekari at LT and JJames/rookie big Dan/Mekari at RT...that's not great but for me its still better then what they put out last year at times.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Ravens podium lineup:

Tues, 4 pm
    • John Harbaugh
    • Mark Andrews
    • Calais Campbell
    • Marlon Humphrey

Wed, 4 pm
    • Devin Duvernay
    • Justin Madubuike
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Tee Martin

Thurs, 11:30 am
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Rashod Bateman
    • James Proche
    • Harbaugh
    • James Urban

Thursday gonna be crazy and the last delicious Ravens news for weeks til training camp
    Thanks!
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Not so much with this image, but with the other images coming out on the official site … Lamar added at least four new muscles, maybe five 😆
    Even in that picture he looks more solid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Only time will tell if James can still actually play near the level he did before. He was already on the field practicing during the OTAs, that's a good sign in my book.

James was a good RT in the past and Alejandro well.....he gave effort and tried to make the transition to RT but that old dog couldn't adjust. We also saw other guys that struggled at RT before Mekari stabilized it a bit.

Upgrading to Moses, JJames, rookie big Dan, still having Mekari is for me a big improvement from just having Alejandro and Mekari and some jags like Andre Smith, Sharpe? and Ealy... .huge improvement.

But, like i was saying in the previous post...i wish there were more LTs on the roster. If Stanley isn't ready...that leaves Moses/Mekari at LT and JJames/rookie big Dan/Mekari at RT...that's not great but for me its still better then what they put out last year at times.
    Thing is, we only got one game to evaluate AV at right tackle. And granted, it was bad, it's impossible for us to know if he could have gotten better. I think he knew his time as a good LT was over, which was why he was even open to the idea of playing RT. For those of us saying we wish there were more LTs on the roster...well that just sounds impossible. How many teams are carrying extra LTs that are actually good enough to start on their rosters? One of the main reasons it's one of the premium positions in the NFL is because there just aren't that many of them that are actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Michael Pierce a no show

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That is not a good sign.
    How do we know though?

What if he's excused or was getting treatment? The lack of any context or follow up achieved the exact result Preston was looking for - getting clicks.

A better tweet would be something like "I asked several Ravens officials and Pierce's absence was unexpected and unexcused. They are wondering why he isn't here and they have not heard from him"

THAT would be a problem or cause for concern. The fact that he wrote they "should have concerns" means he has no idea if they actually do.

8. Re: Mandatory mini-camp thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Pierce is rehabbing his torn biceps? Idk
    They would have listed him with the other's who are not participating due to injuries.

Last edited by 757RavensFan; 06-14-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Thing is, we only got one game to evaluate AV at right tackle. And granted, it was bad, it's impossible for us to know if he could have gotten better. I think he knew his time as a good LT was over, which was why he was even open to the idea of playing RT.
    I'm really not sure which point you're responding to above, do you think the RT is worse now then last year? (actual question)

For those of us saying we wish there were more LTs on the roster...well that just sounds impossible. How many teams are carrying extra LTs that are actually good enough to start on their rosters? One of the main reasons it's one of the premium positions in the NFL is because there just aren't that many of them that are actually good.
    There are LTs available right now they could sign dude that used to be w/ Seattle and Texans and Peters is out there...but those guys might not want to be signed til after training camp.
    Also, they could have drafted a developmental LT or signed a journeyman LT or traded for one etc.
    They definitely had and still have options.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    They would have listed him with the other's who are not participating due to injuries.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Guess we'll find out at the press conference after practice.

Would be quite odd for a vet, especially one that has run ins with Harbaugh's doghouse before, to just arbitrarily not show up unexcused.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I'm not sure which point you're responding to above, do you think the RT is worse now then last year?

There are LTs available right now they could sign dude that used to be w/ Seattle and Texans and Peters is out there...but those guys might not want to be signed til after training camp.
    Also, they could have drafted a developmental LT or signed a journeyman LT or traded for one etc.
    They definitely had and still have options.
    Those are either really expensive options or options that present little more than they already have in house.

How do we know though?

What if he's excused or was getting treatment? The lack of any context or follow up achieved the exact result Preston was looking for - getting clicks.

A better tweet would be something like "I asked several Ravens officials and Pierce's absence was unexpected and unexcused. They are wondering why he isn't here and they have not heard from him"

THAT would be a problem or cause for concern. The fact that he wrote they "should have concerns" means he has no idea if they actually do.
    Not saying Preson has any other info, but he worded it as (NO SHOW). So he very well might have asked someone and that is how the information was conveyed to him.

I do not remember hearing anything about Pierce being injured or surgery recently