Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.27.22

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I found the owner!!
    Awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I guess Josh come by it naturally, right? I once worked for his father, who I am pretty sure is also one of Barry Levinson's diner guys, but I have not been able to pin it down. I do know that "Boogie" in Diner is Boogie Weinglass, he of Merry Go Round fame, and later the would-be owner of the Baltimore Bombers had NFL owners not turned their back on him.

There's a great line in the series where Hersl (played by Charles) is sitting at the bar when a guy walks in and Hersl says, "the next two are on me. I own him a good time." The guy sits at the bar about five stools down from Hersl, who yells over, "how's your wife and my kids?" OMG, so many layers to that small exchange.

I heard a good interview with Jon Bernthal who plays Jenkins in the series. He's from DC—well, not really DC. Cabin John, MD and went to high school where the Obama girls went—and a really interesting dude who went to Moscow to play baseball as a catcher and was discovered there by a Harvard theater director. His brothers are an an orthopaedic surgeon and a consultant who is married to one of the Facebook billionaires. Anyway, he is a method actor who rode along with Baltimore cops and put in many hours with a dialect coach to get the accent down. WOTC is essentially a long-delayed sixth season of The Wire. As I understand it David Simon allowed the Baltimore accent to finally appear. They had tried using it in some of the test footage for The Wire, but when they put it in front of American audiences people were confused, thinking the characters were "retarded." (People used that word 20 years ago).

Jenkins is "living" in Kentucky right now, and isn't due to be released until 2043, barring a reduction in his sentence.
    Good stuff! The first time I think i saw him was in wolf of wall st. Didn't realize he's from the town next to where I live now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Free talk Friday - 05.27.22

I found the owner!!
    Shrubbsy, I salute you as I did last night (at Citifield) to the men and women there from the U.S. Navy. F*˘k with them on the high seas and they'll do to the enemy what the Mets did to the Phillies (an 8 - 2 crushing victory).

Happy, safe, and free MEMORIAL Day to all Americans... Bc

I found the owner!!
    Great!

Blog Entries

I guess Josh come by it naturally, right? I once worked for his father, who I am pretty sure is also one of Barry Levinson's diner guys, but I have not been able to pin it down. I do know that "Boogie" in Diner is Boogie Weinglass, he of Merry Go Round fame, and later the would-be owner of the Baltimore Bombers had NFL owners not turned their back on him.

There's a great line in the series where Hersl (played by Charles) is sitting at the bar when a guy walks in and Hersl says, "the next two are on me. I own him a good time." The guy sits at the bar about five stools down from Hersl, who yells over, "how's your wife and my kids?" OMG, so many layers to that small exchange.

I heard a good interview with Jon Bernthal who plays Jenkins in the series. He's from DC—well, not really DC. Cabin John, MD and went to high school where the Obama girls went—and a really interesting dude who went to Moscow to play baseball as a catcher and was discovered there by a Harvard theater director. His brothers are an an orthopaedic surgeon and a consultant who is married to one of the Facebook billionaires. Anyway, he is a method actor who rode along with Baltimore cops and put in many hours with a dialect coach to get the accent down. WOTC is essentially a long-delayed sixth season of The Wire. As I understand it David Simon allowed the Baltimore accent to finally appear. They had tried using it in some of the test footage for The Wire, but when they put it in front of American audiences people were confused, thinking the characters were "retarded." (People used that word 20 years ago).

Jenkins is "living" in Kentucky right now, and isn't due to be released until 2043, barring a reduction in his sentence.
    Jon Bernthal will always be The Punisher to me. I loved him in that role and so many others tried to play that character and failed. He's awesome. Thanks for sharing his history

Blog Entries

Viola!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Viola!

Hell yea 🍕

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Free talk Friday - 05.27.22

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Viola!

OMG, for that they should promote you to Major... Bc

Jon Bernthal ..[one of his] brothers [is] a consultant who is married to one of the Facebook billionaires.
    Coincidently, I just saw this story in the WaPo about Tom Bernthal's wife resigning in controversy.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-01-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Tom, not Tony
    "That's what."
    — She