Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Fans of other teams (ray lewis perspective)

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    "If you listen, I mean you really listen to the words he is saying...alot of it doesnt make any sense"

- Joe Flacco, Super Bowl MVP and truthsayer
    Can anyone quote anything Ray said that didn't make sense bc it all made sense to me. Trying to hype up the team.... Hype speech and grinding it out....

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I love that roundtable. The best is seeing Singletary who is a real legendary player gush over Ray Lewis. He isn't easily impressed but he has all sorts of thoughts on Ray. I agree, it's a much watch for Ravens fans.
    Yeah! Singletary's commentary is incredible. Jack Del Rio and Marvin Lewis are great too. Hearing how coachable Ray was despite being a star was really cool. Anything that would make him and the team better, he was all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed and Ray View Post
    Can anyone quote anything Ray said that didn't make sense bc it all made sense to me. Trying to hype up the team.... Hype speech and grinding it out....
    Just some humor my good man. For sure the words were just a medium for the fire he felt inside. That Flacco is standing in the lockeroom listening to Ray as if he is in class and Ray is a professor instead of just hopping on the hypetrain is kind of hilarious to me.

I am not a big one for rambling preachers (touch of irony) but I have a memory of Ray being interviewed during his second Super Bowl run. Ray had just quoted a familiar promise from Isaiah "No weapon formed against you will prosper" (He said that a lot that year). At that moment Peyton Manning walked by behind him.

I can't explain the mixture of amusement and curiosity I felt at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    I live in Southern Pennsylvania an hour north of Baltimore. There is a good mixture of Ravens(probably majority of fans in my area), Eagles, Steelers fans here and a random team fan here and there. Have a good friend who is a Cowboys fans. I noticed a common theme among these(other team) fans. They all seem to find Ray Lewis annoying. While sometimes he can seem to force his opinion down your throat, it always seems to be in good faith. It particularly became a stronger narrative after his hall of fame speach. I noticed a lot of envy from fans due to Ravens success in such a brief history, and obviously Ray is generally regarded as the face of this franchise's history. Do you guys notice this as well? For those who live in Maryland, does Washington fans have the same negative thoughts on Ray? Fans of other teams also say the stereotypical Ravens fan is arrogant. While I throw some friendly jabs at rival fans, its nothing that they wouldn't do back if their team wins. Hate to use the word, but jealousy? Is that what were seeing?
    I'm a Ravens fan. I don't blame other fan bases' for hating us. Its partly because we are almost always good, so its jealousy. If we stank they would love us. But also, Ravens fans are so fickle, so demanding, so damn hard to please! It drives me up the wall. So they hate the team, they love the team, they hate the coach, they love the coach, they love Lamar they hate Lamar. Its fucking maddening!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by terp View Post
    I'm a Ravens fan. I don't blame other fan bases' for hating us. Its partly because we are almost always good, so its jealousy. If we stank they would love us. But also, Ravens fans are so fickle, so demanding, so damn hard to please! It drives me up the wall. So they hate the team, they love the team, they hate the coach, they love the coach, they love Lamar they hate Lamar. Its fucking maddening!
    Man that is half the Fanbases in the NFL. Go over to the Steelers board. They call for Tomlin's head all the time. No coordinator is good. Bitch and moan, rinse and repeat.