Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Well, he has at least two tags until free agency. He would make more in yearly cash and APY on a long term deal though, so that’s not a smart tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There’s no way we use 2 tags on him and get nothing when he leaves. If he doesn’t want to sign next off-season we need to trade him for a kings ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    There’s no way we use 2 tags on him and get nothing when he leaves. If he doesn’t want to sign next off-season we need to trade him for a kings ransom.
    Well sure, everything is for sale if someone is willing to overpay. He will be traded if and only if, it benefits the Ravens to do so. I’d be is hell bent on testing free agency, he can look forward to the summer of 2025…

IMO there will be a block buster deal before the season or Jackson will be out of Baltimore by this time next year. There is absolutely no sane reason to not sign a deal. I will take the word of the Ravens when they say that they want to make a deal.....I absolutely believe that the ball is in Lamar's hands. It's his choice. There is a reason why he hasn't signed......to get a better deal? Not buying it.....there will ALWAYS be the "next deal". There will always be someone to come along and top your deal. The Ravens are prepared to pay Jackson.

SO why hasn't Lamar signed? I think he wants out of Baltimore. In my not so humble opinion I think that in the last two years Hollywood Brown has been barking in Lamar's ear and it has had an influence on how Lamar views the Ravens. Not saying it has brain washed him but I think Jackson's BFF had some influence. Maybe Lamar influenced Brown.......ever think of that?

No, there is more to this then any of us know. There has to be a major reason why Jackson is willing to gamble a quarter of a BILLION dollars........That's the starting point, right? $250 mil? He is going to gamble $250 mil? for what reason? His convictions must be pretty strong. I give him credit for being intelligent.....but gamble on $250 mil? It just doesn't pass the smell test.

Blog Entries

Well, he has at least two tags until free agency. He would make more in yearly cash and APY on a long term deal though, so that’s not a smart tactic.

Lamar isn't going to play a single year under the franchise tag, much less two years. That said, I fully expect Lamar to show up for OTAs. He knows he is under contract for the 2021 season and wants to have a great year.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

To me LJ seems like the type of guy who has "something to prove." Any speculation that he's unhappy is purely in the mind of the person who said or wrote it. He wants to win the BIG ONE, and is motivated to do so. I'd be much more than surprised if he didn't show up to OTAs. He's only 25 and knows a mega-payday is in his future. Luckily for us Ravens fans, he's pretty mature and level-headed... Bc

There really is a whole thread of people going back and forth on a fantasy someone just made up In their head about “What if”. Slow off-season..

Blog Entries

If he doesn't want to be here, they're not tagging him twice.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    There really is a whole thread of people going back and forth on a fantasy someone just made up In their head about “What if”. Slow off-season..
    Yes, it’s officially the off-season doldrums now. Hanging on for dear life.

Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    If he doesn't want to be here, they're not tagging him twice.
    It would be complete franchise malpractice not to. What fantasy-land do you live in?

If they tagged him, he demanded a trade and they didn’t like their offers, elected not to trade him and he sat out a year I would fully expect them to tag him once again and play whole scenario out once again.

That said, he’s a young, exciting ex-MVP. Unless he continues to decline, he would be with 5 firsts or similar in a trade next offseason, and I’d imagine that would be a deal worth accepting. The deal that probably still makes the most sense is Tua, Miami’s 2 2023 firsts, their 2024 and 2025 firsts as well. Maybe a couple of seconds instead of either the 24 or 25 first(or Tua).

Last edited by jonboy79; 05-21-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar isn't going to play a single year under the franchise tag, much less two years. That said, I fully expect Lamar to show up for OTAs. He knows he is under contract for the 2021 season and wants to have a great year.
    Just because you keep saying that doesn’t make it true.
    He doesn’t have any viable alternatives:

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    IMO there will be a block buster deal before the season or Jackson will be out of Baltimore by this time next year. There is absolutely no sane reason to not sign a deal. I will take the word of the Ravens when they say that they want to make a deal.....I absolutely believe that the ball is in Lamar's hands. It's his choice. There is a reason why he hasn't signed......to get a better deal? Not buying it.....there will ALWAYS be the "next deal". There will always be someone to come along and top your deal. The Ravens are prepared to pay Jackson.

SO why hasn't Lamar signed? I think he wants out of Baltimore. In my not so humble opinion I think that in the last two years Hollywood Brown has been barking in Lamar's ear and it has had an influence on how Lamar views the Ravens. Not saying it has brain washed him but I think Jackson's BFF had some influence. Maybe Lamar influenced Brown.......ever think of that?

No, there is more to this then any of us know. There has to be a major reason why Jackson is willing to gamble a quarter of a BILLION dollars........That's the starting point, right? $250 mil? He is going to gamble $250 mil? for what reason? His convictions must be pretty strong. I give him credit for being intelligent.....but gamble on $250 mil? It just doesn't pass the smell test.
    If it comes down to it.. and there’s a “blockbuster” move next off-season… we should be trading John Harbaugh and keep Lamar.

Lamar saved that dude’s job. Ain’t no way we then turn around and kick Lamar to the curb and keep Harbs for the next QB search.

Speculation about lowballing is silly. The Ravens have always paid top talent what it's worth and have made several players the highest paid at their position. However, the bar is constantly rising -- a reasonable offer to a QB last year would probably be deemed a lowball offer it were made today.